Back from the wedding

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back from the wedding

Postby Mommy2girls » July 19th, 2005, 1:49 pm

Hi Medifast Friends and Family!

Well, we are back from our whirlwind 5 day wedding trip and it was SO nice to sleep in our own beds last night!

The wedding was wonderful, the bride and groom looked amazing and my girls (they were flower girls) did exactly as they were supposed to and didn't ruin anything.

As for Medifast and the whirlwind trip, well, they didn't exactly get along. :oops: Things went well until the rehearsal dinner. The groom is my cousin, his bride was a fantastic girl from Australia and the bride's sister is an amazing professional chef who made the entire rehearsal dinner. Not just food, but gourmet food. I won't bore you with the details but everything was fantastic, so while we had only planned on taking one day off from our MF path, it really ended up being 4 days. Out of 5! :bricks:

The wedding dinner itself was a Mexican style theme with lots of non-lean & green items. The wedding cake was made (again) by the chef-sister and then there was the post wedding BBQ and the post-post wedding breakfast 2 days after the wedding!

So needless to say, I am BACK on plan today and no headache yet, just a little grumpy. I'm scared of the scale and tomorrow is my normal weigh-in day, so I might skip it until next week and then see where I'm at, after a week back on track!

The good news is that I felt FANTABULOUS (thanks for that word Christi!) at the wedding. I, of course, saw many family and friends that I had not seen in a log time and my smile was true and genuine, and I didn't feel the need to hide behind anything or anyone. My new dress was a size 16, fit perfectly (pre MF I was a tight 22 :( ) The girls looked adorable and my handsome husband was 21lbs lighter and looked amazing as well. So that was really the best part was that I felt GREAT!!!

So I plan not to dwell on my somewhat unplanned detour on the road to thinsville, but rather buckle down and go forward. If I get the courage here in a minute I will email some before and after pics to Unca to post. Someone snapped a really nice picture of DH and I at the wedding and I plan on sharing it with you all over in the Studio.

Great to be back and I have lots of catching up to do around here!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 19th, 2005, 2:26 pm

Welcome home Sheila and I'm so glad you had a good time. Good times are important in our lives for sure. I most likely wouldn't skip the weigh in tomorrow because curiosty kills my cat all the time :shock: hehe And also.....I think it's good to know what 4 days of LIVING LAVEDA LOCO does to us. I venture to guess that in days past NONE of us would RUSH HOME TO THE SCALES after a vacation :shock: We wouldn't want to know because what we don't know won't hurt us right? WRONG!! Staying off the scales for a few years is EXACTLY what happened to me for sure :? I also say this because you had a great time and you came home to your PLAN of life!! You didn't just go off plan and decide to say the heck with it............you went to a celebration.......you celebrated.......now you go on with what you're doing just like you said. You may have the headaches and all the crud that goes along with starting over, and you may not. Life is about choices for sure. And again I say........You had such a good time because you were in a size 16 WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO talk about FANNNNNNNNNNNNTABULOUS!! I'm VERY excited about that for you. And you got into that size 16 how? With MF of course!! And how are you going to get into a size 10?? WITH MEDIFAST OF COURSE!! ;)

So I say WELCOME HOME and WELCOME BACK TO YOUR LIFE PLAN!! It's great to have you back and I can't wait to see the pictures of you and your angels :D
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby martha » July 19th, 2005, 5:21 pm

SHEILA--

Welcome back and I too am glad you had a great time.. I would get on the scales if I were you.. you don't have to post the weight but like Christi said at least you will know where you stand after the wedding..It's just a suggestion..I need the accountability and when I was weighing in every week on heh last plan I never gained more han a pound or less in a week. BUT after i quit going and finally got back on a scale again --well then I liked to have died from the shock of it all..and i do mean ALL!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: so it really helps me to stay focused..
I am very proud of you for going right back onto the program as soon as you got home.. You and your hubby are doing great and will continue to do so with MF.. you looked beautiful in your size 16 dress and looked alot thinner.. GREAT JOB!!!!!!--martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 20th, 2005, 7:49 am

Christi & Martha! Thanks guys for your responses and comments and SUPPORT! You are the best!

I decided to do my normal weigh-in today as scheduled. I am up 3lbs. Not too bad considering I thought that it would be worse. This is the first time that I've had to record a GAIN in my little weight log. Not meaning that this is the first time my weight has gone up while Mfasting, but I decided when I started this that I would ONLY record my weight ONCE a week. So while I've had ups and downs on the scale, I've never had to write a GAIN down.

No big deal though. I'm not stressing or complaining. I'm moving on and moving down (the scale that is!)

Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls

Postby martha » July 20th, 2005, 9:01 pm

SHEILA--

3# is not bad at all. It will be gone before you know it.. you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!! keep your chin up.. and have a great week--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby dlr2424 » July 21st, 2005, 5:49 pm

Sheila...... :mrgreen: ....You have the right attitude so forget the 3 lbs... :bouncie: ...they will be off plus more....... :yes: ...and personally I think 3 lbs is awesome for all that great food..... :hmmm: .....you had to have used portion control..........so ...........give yourself a high five.... :thumbup: ........cause....... :yourock: .......

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room