Planning to start, really scared of failing once again

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Planning to start, really scared of failing once again

Postby dee » September 1st, 2004, 8:25 am

Hi everyone,
My name is Dee and I'm planning to start MF. I am going to place my first order this week. I really don't want to fail and am really scared of the first few days where everyone says the hunger is really bad. I'm planning on doing the full fast. .The question I have is what about using one of the appetite suppressants that are on the market now for that first few days. Will that negativly impact the diet?? :(
I'm looking forward to much support from this forum in my future weeks on MF. I'll let you know how it goes once I start. I plan to be a regular here. :D
dee
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 1st, 2004, 11:16 am

Welcome Dee, :wave:

I'm sure we all relate to your fear of failing. Personally, sounds like you're expecting the worst during the first three days, and that's usually my philosophy. That way, when it turns out to be not as bad as you expected, it seems a lot easier. This diet is very different from all the others in my experience. First, it works. There is sacrifice, but if you follow it, it pays off. Just have your boullion, water, fast soups, and diet sodas handy when you get hungry. You can do it. Think positive. This is a VERY POSITIVE thing you're about to experience! See you around the forum!

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » September 7th, 2004, 6:40 pm

Hi, Dee! You know, some people out here didn't have a problem in the world at the beginning of their MF experience. I wasn't lucky enough to be one of them, but everyone is different. You'll have your own stories to tell at the end of the first week. If I had just two nuggets of advice to give, they would be 1) DON'T TAKE THAT FIRST BITE; and 2) Use this forum and the extraordinary people on it as your virtual lifeline.

Best of luck to you, Dee!

Let us hear from you often.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby explorthis » September 7th, 2004, 9:12 pm

Hey Dee, welcome to you. I think its mind over matter. Play like this is the last program (we do not call it a diet here) you will ever be on, and the only one that will work and work FOR YOU. Look what Landy said, perfect advice:

DON'T TAKE THAT FIRST BITE; and use this forum and the extraordinary people on it as your virtual lifeline.

This place is a lifeline; NOTHING you can think of has not been experienced here. We ALL have “been there done that” and know what you feel, down to the last bite.

Stick with it, and have a positive attitude, and YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Welcome again,

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2004, 9:20 pm

Howdy :wave: Doody, Dee ~

It was nice to talk to you on the phone the other evening. Your order will be here soon and you will be ready to go, Girl!

NO FEAR here please do not worry about hunger. There is NO need to experience it. You may have a shake every hour if need be, Little Darlin’ and you will still lose weight. :toast:

Read through your little Quick Start booklet as soon as it arrives. Drink your shakes ON TIME – no meal skippin’ and be sure to drink your water. :water:

You’ll find the Forum of Friends is a great place to hang out, use the little search button at the top of the page if there are some particular topics you’d like to know more about.

Enjoy each day that unfolds – you are on your way to Thinsville! :byebye:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby shineface » September 15th, 2004, 4:32 pm

Hey Dee---

Just checking -- you still out there slurpin and postin.....

It's the only solution for the rest of your life to be healthy and it WORKS - just ask me!!!
:stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Kornpop » September 15th, 2004, 6:50 pm

Hi Dee,

I'm new, too, and just finishing my second day on the program--shakes only. Yesterday I was quite hungry and had a dull headache. My daughter is doing this with me and experienced the same dull headache. We had our five shakes and she had a soup and I had a cup of boullion and we made it just fine. Today was so much better--not nearly as hungry and no headaches. I was really worried about being so hungry and crabby--hasn't happened.

It wasn't nearly as bad or hard as I thought it would be and I know each day will get better.

Welcome :D
Sandy
restart--12/30/05
5'2"
207.5---125
Kornpop
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.