Feedback on Day One, Please :-)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Feedback on Day One, Please :-)

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 4th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Hi, all!!

OK, so I wasn't planning to start until tomorrow because my food was arriving today. So the plan for today was to eat healthy and light. BUT my food arrived SO DARN EARLY that I decided to jump in - - I had had a light granola bar for breakfast (which was less calories/carbs, etc than a MF bar) and then salad greens - - so I figured I could hop into MF for the rest of the day. Sooo, I ended up splitting my L&G between 2 meals and I will have eaten 7 times by bedtime. I'm going to post what I consumed today and would love your honest feedback/thoughts! I'm going to have some questions at the end too - lol!

Thursday Oct 4
8:00AM - Dt. Dr Pepper & granola bar
11:00AM 2 cups salad greens , 1 tbs Newman’s light balsamic vinaigrette (22.5 cal / 1 carb)
1:45: Chocolate MF Shake
3:30 – vanilla shake w/ tang crystal lite (puke, hated it with CL and without)
5:30 – 6 oz grilled chicken w/ .5 TBS garlic Tabasco sauce (7.5 cal and 1.5 carb), 1c salad greens, 1tbs Newman’s light balsamic vinaigrette (22.5 cal/ 1 carb) – 8 oz water, 1 Dt. Dr pepper
8:00 – chicken Noodle Soup or shake (not 8 yet)
10:00 – Choc shake

Water – 72 oz so far…

OK, so obviously I know not to do a bar as the first meal and to only have a MF bar, but like I said, I didn't initially plan on starting today....

Questions:

1. Are there glaring issues (other than that bar, lol) for my choices today?
2. What can I improve?
3. If I wanted to split my L&G into 2 meals on a regular basis, is that OK? I mean, if I wanted to split it and eat 7 times is that an issue or should I tick to 6 meals a day?
4. I used a tad bit of tabasco garlic (1 tbs) on the chicken - is that allowed?
5. Does the low fat balsamic dressing count as low carb and my oil? I had a full serving (2 TBS) and it is 2 carbs a serving.

Lastly, I'm used to the 'no eating after 7' rule but there is no way I can do that and take in the 5+1. I'm assuming its OK to have things late *liek 8 and 10 as above?!?)

TIA for your brutal honesty. I really want to start tomorrow with a full MF day and be perfect!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elizabeth » October 4th, 2007, 4:15 pm

One thing that I see is that you did not split your L & G properly. Your 11 am meal is all carbs and no protein. I believe it is important for each meal to be as close as possible to being equally balanced in the protein to carb ratio.

I like to add diet sodas (orange, raspberry, rootbeer, ginger ale) to my vanilla shakes....be careful of the bubblies though.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 4th, 2007, 4:21 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, OK! Thanks much!! I'll split better next time :-)

I had seen a post about soda with the vanilla so I tried it with Diet Dr Pepper first and had to throw it out - lol. It was rancid, lol. I'm in LOVE with the chocolate shakes though - yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Kym
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Mickeyz » October 4th, 2007, 6:59 pm

Good for you just jumping in and getting started.

Be sure to download the Quick Start Guide along with the other great information available. I say read your guide and then...read it again! And as you have already discovered, there is lots of great help and info here.

Don't worry about eating after 7. Space your meals out during your whole day. I typically have pudding or a shake as late as 9 PM. If you stay up very late, you will want to adjust accordingly.

Your tastes will probably change over the next couple weeks, so don't judge any of the food to harshly. Sometimes just a little extract in a shake can be tasty. I like some coconut or almond in mine. Just experiment a little. There are also flavor drops made by Capella Coffee Company.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby rodeomom » October 4th, 2007, 7:08 pm

I am proud of you buddy! You got off to a great start! I wanted to let you know that WalMart (at least ours) has a good selection of extracts to add to your shakes. If you find something that works for the vanilla let me know. The only way I can have a vanilla shake is to mix it with coffee and make a cappachino out of it. THEN and ONLY THEN it is actually palletable!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Re: Feedback on Day One, Please :-)

Postby Mike » October 4th, 2007, 7:20 pm

Not too shabby for a first trial run.

As stated if you split the L&G, which is okay, you do need to split both the green and the protein.

The dressings seem okay.

Forget the don't eat after 7 thing, thats for normal eating plans. You need to fuel your body properly on this plan and to do that, you will need to eat up to 9 or 10 at night and not wait more than say 12 hours from your last of the day and your first the next.

Tabasco is probably okay.

Hint on the shakes, check the Lean Cuisine section for recipes. Di likes to have the vanilla, chocolate or banana in coffee... makes a nice latte
I do hot cocoa in coffee for a mocha.
Blending them with diet sprite and ice makes a nice smoothie.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.