What info should I take to my doc?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

What info should I take to my doc?

Postby Marci » February 14th, 2004, 1:23 pm

Hi all. I haven't been around for awhile because I am having a really hard time with this.

I called to have my doctor order me bloodwork so I can check my cholestrol and thyroid, etc again and found out that he moved!! Now I have to re-establish with another doctor before I can get any testing done. My question is, what info should I take him about the Medifast? Maybe I shouldn't even mention it, I don't know.

Here's my lame excuses for doing so rotten:
1. working two jobs (kicking my butt!)
2. I am sooooo tired all of the time!
3. can't seem to remember to take the supplements (okay, I know when to do it but I let my job take over and don't take the minute or two I need to make the shakes)
4. I can't be trusted with food in my house

there are many more reasons but I just can't think!

Is anyone using the RTD shakes? Do you drink them warm or cold, how do they taste? Are they more calories in them then just the normal mix it yourself shakes?

I want to do this sooo bad, I REALLY do! I've got $200 worth of shakes sitting in my cupboard and I'm not using them. The people at my main job are no support, in fact they try their hardest to tempt me to blow it. I haven't mentioned it at my second job to anyone since I've just started and my breaks haven't been at the same time consistantly. That's why I'm asking about the RTD shakes.

So many of you are doing such a great job with this program. Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :heart:
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

RTD Shakes

Postby Maisie » February 14th, 2004, 1:43 pm

Dear Marci:

The ready to drink shakes are really good. In fact, I think they are better than the powdered shakes. They're easy to take along wherever you go.
Same calories.

Maisie
Maisie

Postby shineface » February 15th, 2004, 7:07 am

Hi Marci--

What can I say -There will always be excuses NOT to do it ---always other people --- places --- fatigue --- convenience -- YADDA_YADDA_YADDA.

JUST STOP IT NOW -- COME UP WITH THE LIST OF REASONS OFWHY YOU CAN DO THIS - OF WHY YOU WILL DO THIS!!!!!

HEALTH :heart: --- LOOKING BETTER (EVEN HOT) 8) --- TO PROVE YOU CAN TAKE CONTROL :shock: --- TO GET MORE ENERGY THAN YOU WILL EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH :exercise: --- TO SHOW "THEM" THAT YOU DON'T ALWAYS FAIL :D --- TO BE ABLE TO TAKE YOUR NEPHEW (NOTICED HE'S IN YOUR PICTURE) OUT WITHOUT HUFFING AND PUFFING TO KEEP UP WITH HIM :kool: --- AND OF COURSE ALL OF THE OTHER STANDARDS - BEING ABLE TO SHOP "NORMAL", FIT IN SEATS, NOT WORRY ABOUT WHERE YOU'RE GOING AND WHO YOU'LL RUN INTO......YEAH, YEAH,YEAH. :cleader:

DRINK THE SHAKES :cheers: - THEY WORK - COMPARED TO MOST "DIETS" THIS PROGRAM IS SO SIMPLE - NO BIG DECISIONS - :yes: JUST SHAKES, SUPPLEMENTS AND WATER ---

REMEMBER, [color=red]KISS = KEEP IT SIMPLE SWEETIE!!! AND WHEN YOU'RE ON THE VERGE OF MAKING A CHOICE THAT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU THEN REMEMBER TO HALT = ask yourself am I Hungry Angry Lonely Tired ---- these are some of the main reasons for sabotaging ourselves - don't do it - hold onto you - the you that chose to do this for --- YOU![/color]

Stick it out and know that together we will do this!!!!!
:goteam:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

no excuses

Postby TamiL » February 15th, 2004, 7:40 am

Hi Marci..what more can I say after reading Pams post!! shes soooo right! you just have to DO IT!!! I know how hard it is at work beleive me!! let me give you an example:
yesterday I worked a 24 hour shift..(fire dept) from 8am till about 3pm we were tied up at a structure fire..thank GOD I had a little cooler with me in the back of the Engine with my Ready to Drink shakes..they got me thru the whole thing..I slurped those down in about 2 minutes every few hours..and got enuf energy to Overhaul the mess left from the fire..then it was on to accidents and medicals for the rest of the night..non stop. I HAVE TO PLAN AHEAD to make this work for me....THERE IS NO EXCUSES FOR ME ANYMORE...I RAN OUT OF THEM!!
I am sooooo tired right now..and its back tommorrow for another 24 hours..but by PLANNING AHEAD...I leave no room for excuses!! its too easy to do..and Ive been doing it my whole life!!

ACHIEVEMENT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DESIRE...I DESIRE TO BE THINNER..FIT..HEALTHY..NOT GET OUT OF BREATH OR FEEL WEIGHED DOWN ANYMORE..I want to use food as FUEL and nothing more...I want to do the things I have been putting off for years..I WANT TO LIVE and live well and happy....

Marci..you have to WANT THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING in order to do it...and when you get there..you will DO ANYTHING TO MAKE SURE you are prepared ....and ready...with no excuses!!

so as the Famous lingo says "JUST DO IT" :-P

hang in there...shake shake shake!! (the RTD shakes are soooo awesome for bringing to work...mindless..no thought..just open and drink!! and they taste great!) ;)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Indigo » February 15th, 2004, 11:18 am

Hi Marci~

I understand the place you're at right now. It's decision time. It's something I went through just 4 days ago. All those shakes and supplements on my counter, and just feeling so tired and worn out- wanting to do this, but not quite having the heart for it. . . . . there were so many other obligations, family, work, the housekeeping I'm not doing- it's just disheartening sometimes.
And then I realized what I was doing AGAIN. . . . putting myself last. It's like I could do something really good for myself (medifast) only AFTER I took care of everything else, and I do mean everything else. even the cat.
And that's how I got so fat in the first place- Running myself in the ground, and using food as the only comfort I had in my life, because somehow I wasn't worth taking care of, and martyrdom came easy to me. It was easier to keep living my life the same way than to actually stop and start valuing myself and putting what I needed first.

That's the decision you need to make Marci- can you start taking care of yourself better? Can you make getting slender and healthy a priority in your life? Be a little more self-ish in getting what you need?

It sounds simple, but for some of us, that's the real challenge. Loving ourselves enough to take care of ourselve this way . . . .

I think you're worth it Marci . . . . sending good thoughts. . . . :hug:

PS- and yes, the RTD shakes taste really good and are a lifesaver- when you've got one of those with you in your purse, desk or car, there is no excuse to get too hungry and eat something else. They have saved my butt so many times . . .
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 15th, 2004, 11:59 am

Marci,

I wish I could send you a majic pill. Unfortunately, although this diet is easy with easy meal preperation, it is also hard because of our Modernized world and quick convenient meals and let's not forget ADVERTISING.

This is 90% mental. Only you can focus yourself, but we are going to be here for you. I hope some of the wonderful post above can help. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Mental

Postby Maisie » February 15th, 2004, 1:32 pm

You are so right Stephanie:

This really is mental. And because our allowable choices and amounts of food are limited and defined, it's a very clear line we cross to the other side right into the craziness of sabotage. So far, I find it much easier to be "mental" with this program because of this. I also agree this is something you "decide" to do unlike "being on a diet."

Let's all hang in there together while we stare down our demons head on.

Maisie
Maisie

Return to Weight Loss