Hi, not using MF, but looking for info

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi, not using MF, but looking for info

Postby Raven » May 14th, 2004, 11:22 am

Hi, I found this site by accident while trying to find out how long it takes for your body to enter ketosis when you restrict your carbs. Thats my question. :D I decided to post because I weigh 215 lbs, 5'4", not huge, but I carry most of my weight in the middle. I tryed Adkins, the results were dramatic, but hard to stay on such low carbs (20g) everyday. So right now I am just watching what I eat very close, no potatoes, rice, flour, sweets, or fruit. Mostly meat and vegies, heavy on the meat. I do drink Pepsi 1, and lots of water. But after 3 days I still don't register on a ketostik. Sorry this is so long.....I am desperate to loose weight, and due to a lung disorder i am very limited when it comes to exercise. Any idias? Support? Whatever would be apriciated.
Raven

Postby Echo » May 17th, 2004, 12:09 pm

Hi,

Because of your health problems I just wanted to encourage you to see your Dr. before you try any weight loss program. For your height 215 is pretty big, and if you carry it around the middle it could be contributing to your respiratory problems.

It's so hard to lose weight. We have to eat. A lot of our problems are in portion control. The bottom line in weight loss though is to take in fewer calories than you expend. So, even on the Atkins diet, if you eat a lot of meat and have a sedentary lifestyle, you can have zero carbs and still gain weight, and risk not having all of your nutritional needs met.

The 5:1 plan of medifast is nice because with the shakes, the lowfat meal and vitamins you don't feel deprived, and you get all the nutrition you need.

Good luck in reaching your goals,

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.