INFO ON PLANS

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

INFO ON PLANS

Postby marge » April 16th, 2004, 8:43 am

Since I will be going to the 5 and one plan on saturday I wanted to know if this interfered with the weight loss and the F & Q section answered:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

What are the Medifast plan options?

The 5 and 1 plan (usually 800 - 1000 calories per day) is recommended for most individuals who have a moderate amount of weight to lose. Typically participants will maintain a weight loss of 2 to 5 pounds per week while on this program. For those who have a significant amount of weight to lose, Medifast offers a lower calorie Complete program that should be used only under the strict supervision of a physician. Medifast low calorie diets require physician monitoring to minimize the potential for health risks. A regular or certified Health Advisor is not a substitute for a physician or a qualified medical practitioner for monitoring patients using Medifast low calorie products.

Can you alternate between the plans?

Yes. Both the Complete and the 5 and 1 plans will maintain the protein balance of ketosis. With Medifast 55 and 70, you can start with a Complete program, then switch to a 5 and 1 plan or even go back and forth between the two options. For example, you might decide to do a complete program during the week, and then switch to a 5 and 1 plan on the weekend.

What can be in the 5 and 1 plan meal?
Your daily meal should consist of two things: a serving of lean meat and either a green salad or a serving of low-starch vegetables. For the meat serving, females should have between 4 to 5 ounces; males should have 6 to 7 ounces.

What can I put on the salad?

Your salad can include 1 to 2 cups of any kind of salad greens along with up to ¼ cup total of any combination of raw vegetables such as peppers, onions, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms, radishes, alfalfa or bean sprouts, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, or cabbage.
You may use 1 to 2 tablespoons of low-fat or non-fat salad dressing.

Which vegetables can I eat if I don't want a salad?

You can have between 1 to 1 1/2 cups of any low-starch vegetables including asparagus, green beans, beets, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, snow peas, spinach, zucchini, or tomatoes.
marge
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.