Holiday plans?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Holiday plans?

Postby Prancer » July 2nd, 2006, 10:23 am

Whatcha all doing for the holiday weekend?

It is a HUGE tourist weekend here. We live on lake george and the town puts on a monster weekend every year.

The carnival (yess that means funnel cake) opens tonight. Tomorrow is the carnival, various bands playing and in the evening Ti Idol. Our town's annual version of American Idol. I like to go watch the last night so we will be there tomorrow for that.

Tuesday is the Montcalm Mile. An annual race that is one mile down hill. Tons of people enter to get their best time on record. DH enters every year and has come in 1st or 2nd in his age group (30 - 39) every year. He aims to beat his own previous year time each year. Last year was 5minutes 23 seconds. Then there is the big parade and at night fireworks.

Busy busy weekend.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Denise » July 2nd, 2006, 12:17 pm

Jenn...are you in lake George NY? I am not sure if there are any other lake Georges out there! If it is Ny I remember as a youngster we would always go up there for a week ever summer. We always had a ton of fun!

I think there was a place called gaslight village..that was fun....

Anyways...I have to work this weekend..so nothing special here...I always seem to miss out! :cry:
Denise
Preferred member

Postby Nova » July 2nd, 2006, 12:49 pm

We saw Superman Returns! Great movie! Everyone should go see it. They did a fantastic job of recreating the very best of Superman from movies 1 and 2 and bringing everything up to modern day. Brandon Routh was perfect as Superman and Kevin Spacey was undeniably brilliant. Kate Bosworth was eh, but she did her part okay.

As for fireworks, looks like we might be rained out here in Houston. Maybe I'll watch Pops Goes the Fourth on tv.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 2nd, 2006, 4:46 pm

I'm flying home and then going to see Pirates on Tuesday and THEN going to a L & G with some forum girls!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby supermom » July 2nd, 2006, 5:05 pm

We are going to a rodeo. Jake and Max are in the wooley pullin (they will ride a "buckin" sheep, and my husband and some of the guys he works with will be in the panty race. They have a big ol pair of panties that they have to get on a calf, after they catch the calf, that is. It is a fund raiser---they always have tons of fun. Played golf today, and playing in 2 on 2 hoops tomorrow, another fundraiser. I am not good, but it is fun!! Fireworks are banned here, due to the drought and the wildfires. There is going to be a big display at the lake, but we probably won't go----to many people!! I think we are going to the drive in tonight. Opens at 8, show starts at dark. Right now they have "Click" and "Nacho Libre". Cheap entertainment. 7 bucks admission for adults, kids are free, you can take your own food, or eat there. We will take our small grill, cook some burgers, and have fun. They always have a double feature, and they have a playground for the kids. We park close to it so we can watch them play while we watch the movie. Since these are not really kid movies, we will also take movies for them to watch in the pick up. It really is a blast. Get in the back of the pick up, tune the radio in on the am channel and watch the shows. All for just 14 bucks!!
supermom

Postby Prancer » July 2nd, 2006, 7:49 pm

yes Denise, I live in Ticonderoga which is on Lake George. We have lived here for a few years. It is a very festive area to keep up with tourism.

Supermom we were going to the drive in tonight but the movies were appropriate for our kids (5, 5 &7) so we went to the theater. We are going to go later this week to see Superman and Xmen3 just the two of us tho!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!
Prancer

Postby jump4joy » July 2nd, 2006, 10:11 pm

supermom wrote:"... in the panty race. They have a big ol pair of panties that they have to get on a calf..."

I dunno, Laurie....there seems to be a lotta talk about big panties in your posts....hmmmmm!

:roflmao: :bounce: Heh-heh....couldn't resist! ;)

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby supermom » July 2nd, 2006, 10:16 pm

About the "big girl panties" thing. I had an instructor tell me that one time. I was whining and complaining about a patient at the hospital. I didn't want to go back into his room because he had bit me on the boob while I was bathing him. Anyway, my teacher told me to "suck it up and put your big girl panties on". Basically telling me I was not a child anymore, I did not need training pants, I wore big girl panties, and just get on with it and get over it. It has stuck. When I see someone being unusually hard on themselves, and I think they have the sense of humor to take it, I throw that at them. It is usually good for a laugh, anyway.

The panty race is always so funny. To watch a bunch of grown men chasing around calves, trying to put panties on them and then lead them to the finish line while making sure their panties don't fall off. It is fun to watch. And, a good fund raiser, too. Inevitably, someone will get pooped on.
supermom

Postby jump4joy » July 2nd, 2006, 10:29 pm

So FUNNY! I liked BOTH of your panty stories. Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun at the rodeo. I'm originally from Idaho, and I used to go to rodeos all the time.....haven't been to one in AGES.

We're having some people over and I'm cooking a nice pork roast that I will shred, add some barbeque sauce, topped with fresh coleslaw and served in a nice, crusty bakery roll. Then I get to WATCH while they eat it! I'll make a veggie plate or something that I can eat too, without letting on that I'm on a diet. I have to make dessert too....it's ok though....I know what those things taste like and I can have them (in moderation) LATER....

Joy :mrgreen:
jump4joy

Postby alpha femme » July 3rd, 2006, 12:49 am

if somebody bit me on the boob, he would officially become the first person to ever drown via a bath in a bag.

then i'd wrap him in my big girl panties and roll the body somewhere.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2006, 4:21 am

csula2004 wrote:if somebody bit me on the boob, he would officially become the first person to ever drown via a bath in a bag.

then i'd wrap him in my big girl panties and roll the body somewhere.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Postby jump4joy » July 3rd, 2006, 4:23 am

whoops, forgot to log-in....the guest was me.

Joy
jump4joy

Postby Arklahoma » July 3rd, 2006, 7:45 am

DH and I will be going to the Blossom Festival Band Holiday Weekend Concert, featuring the Cleveland Orchestra and fireworks. We went last year and had a great time.

Here's the description:

These traditional, old-fashioned holiday band concerts feature Tchaikovsky’s "1812" Overture, in an arrangement for band. In addition, the program includes Richard Rodgers’s Symphonic Scenario from South Pacific, music by Stephen Foster, "March-Past of the United States Armed Forces," and Don Gillis’s "Requiem for a Hero" from Symphony No. 10 Big D, and Sousa marches. Soprano Laura Pedersen will be featured in "Simple Gifts" by Aaron Copland and "Tonight" from West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein.

These concerts are to be followed by a fireworks display, weather permitting.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby supermom » July 3rd, 2006, 8:21 am

OOOHHHHH. That sounds nice!!!
supermom

Postby wildtrk » July 3rd, 2006, 10:07 am

Arklahoma wrote:DH and I will be going to the Blossom Festival Band Holiday Weekend Concert, featuring the Cleveland Orchestra and fireworks. We went last year and had a great time.

Here's the description:

These traditional, old-fashioned holiday band concerts feature Tchaikovsky’s "1812" Overture, in an arrangement for band. In addition, the program includes Richard Rodgers’s Symphonic Scenario from South Pacific, music by Stephen Foster, "March-Past of the United States Armed Forces," and Don Gillis’s "Requiem for a Hero" from Symphony No. 10 Big D, and Sousa marches. Soprano Laura Pedersen will be featured in "Simple Gifts" by Aaron Copland and "Tonight" from West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein.

These concerts are to be followed by a fireworks display, weather permitting.

Looks like the weather in NE Ohio is permitted to maybe rain, maybe not, or just maybe. Hope you stay dry...if you are on the lawn at Blossom there is not much cover to hide under.
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to What's Shakin'