What Did You Do Today, Thanks to Medifast??

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What Did You Do Today, Thanks to Medifast??

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » April 3rd, 2005, 9:18 pm

I was sitting here eating my nightly bowl of yummy oatmeal, and thinking about my day, and I realized that I did SO many things today that I would have NEVER done on a day off work, before my journey on MF and losing
87 pounds (so far) :D
I was up at 7:00, when before MF , I would have always slept in till at least 9 on the weekends! I wake up raring to go no matter what day of the week it is now!
I did laundry, hauled out the patio furniture and scrubbed and washed it down. Washed my car and my bicycle and took a long ride in the sunshine and smiled the whole way!!
Went shopping, worked in the yard and still have energy at 10:13 this evening. MF is indeed a blessing and joy isn't it!!
What have you done that just amazes you when you think of yourself before MF?? Doesn't have to be earth shattering, just the small things are what keep us going on a daily basis.
So Let's hear your stories!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 3rd, 2005, 11:09 pm

I bought two size 18 shirts! Last month I was wearing size 22!
bikipatra

Postby bk » April 3rd, 2005, 11:17 pm

I was just laughing, not sleep in?! NOT ME!!

But, I did not have a major hangover today as a result of going out with my friends last night! I was a bit dehydrated and tired (diet coke all night!), but geez, is it great not to feel like crap the next day!

And I've been doing some massive spring cleaning, of course! Getting rid of ALL of my clothes has really inspired me to clean out some other stuff! And I've been doing pretty well on ebay. I expect that the sale of my clothes will generate enough cash to cover my May Medifast order!

One thing I've been thinking about, and I'm VERY thankful. I do not have ONE friend that has tried to sabotage me, try to tell me it's time to stop losing, or be unsupportive of me. That's really awesome to know that my friends are so great!

I'm not lazy anymore! I don't think twice about having to go up & down the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment any more than I need to. I no longer economize my trips!

I have a nightly ritual of minestrone, but I have noticed (didn't have enough for the whole month, so I've been rationing it) that it really didn't bother me NOT to have it. I thought that was pretty cool.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » April 4th, 2005, 4:55 am

I have been getting up earlier than usual for me as well. I like that! I also find that I can work, and still have energy in the afternoons and/or evenings to get house projects done! We are about 85% done w/ a major kitchen remodel which we have done all ourselves other than hanging the cabinets! We're talking gutting to the studs and rebuild! I have also been able to focus a lot more on reading and painting. odn't know why MF has made that possible. Maybe it's less time thinking about food/weight that frees my brain cells!

Great thread! I'm anxious to hear everyone elses successes!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 4th, 2005, 5:34 am

Mare - It is so true that MF has changed our lives. Even little things. Yesterday we went to the Phantom's game (it's the minor hocky league team here in Philly) and took the kids. The entrance to the arena has a loooooooong set of concrete steps. I can remember going up those steps in past times with dread and huffing and puffing at the top.

Last nite though, my daughter said "mommy, let's run up the steps" -- and I did!!! Thanks to MF!

Great thread!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room