Just started Medifast today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just started Medifast today

Postby Thinorbust » June 16th, 2006, 8:15 am

Hi - I just received my first medifast shipment yesterday and started today on the diet. I am 5'7 241 lbs. :( So far things seem to be going o.k. of coarse its only 11am in Florida LOL - but I'm not starving like I thought I would so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I am so scared of failing but I know I can't and I would appreciate any and all help while I am on this journey to lose weight. I am married w/3 children (all thin - damn them) :) They can eat whatever they like and never gain a pound so I'm a bit worried about tonight and dinner. So far today I had the maple oatmeal (pretty good) and the orange shake a bit ago - it was really thick and kinda chalky tasting does anyone know how to make this better? My husband is totally supportive of me losing weight but he likes an eating partner you know, so wish me luck. I work in sales where everyone is a freaking size 2 and I currently work in inside sales and would like to make the transistion to outside sales where let's face it, the way you look does make a difference. I am totally commited to making this work, but I know I need a really solid support team while I'm doing it. My skinny friends really have no idea what I am going through. They want to lose 5lbs & that annoys me to no end.LOL - If anyone can send me some really good tips I would appreciate it. Thanks so much and see you around the board!
- Thin-or-bust!
Thinorbust
First Post

Postby SharonR » June 16th, 2006, 8:22 am

Good for you for starting! We all have some skinny friends and lets face it, they don't understand! lol That's why this forum is so great, everyone has the same goal....of being thinner and healthier!

Try and add some ice to your shakes. Put them in the blender is another good idea, makes them slushy and yummy. Chocolate is my favorite, it's the one that tastes the most "real" to me.

Good luck to ya!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Jan » June 16th, 2006, 8:23 am

Hi there Thin-or.....
First of all Welcome to our goup. :D It is a great group of people who really care about each other. Keep posting ... the added accountability is a great thing. Don't worry .. you will part with those pesky pounds. Just be very very compliant. Treat this just as you would a prescription medication. Eat all you are supposed to and no extras!! That way you'll part with the pounds in the fastest and safest way possible.
Now to the shake. Shakes are best when made very very cold. Be sure and shake it up enough to really mix it. You can add things to the shakes... but just things with no calories. :D Diet soda is fine ....BUT DON'T shake it. I myself and a few others here have done that without thinking and it explodes!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: We then get "exercise" cleaning up the mess :? Go down to the "lean cuisine" section. There are lots and lots of recipes dealing with shakes. It will be great!!
I'll be watching for you and your progress. We alll love to cheer!! :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » June 16th, 2006, 9:15 am

Welcome to the team! It is great to have you with us!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby JKSRN » June 16th, 2006, 10:02 am

Hi, Thin, up in beautiful St. Augustine! WELCOME! :D

Like someone mentioned, we are all in the same boat on this forum. Most important, you will get all the support, caring and concern that you will need to do well, right here. You will get a lot of ideas here, on how to manage your meals, especially if you are doing the 5-1. Try to space your meals 2-3 hours apart to keep hunger at bay. Save at least one supplement for evening. Read your Quick Start Guide over and over. And, drink a minumum of 64 oz of water everyday. Much success in your journey. Most questions can be answered here on the forum, just for the asking. Looking forward to your posts! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » June 16th, 2006, 10:25 am

welcome! fellow floridian loser here ! :)
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Aerie » June 16th, 2006, 10:45 am

Welcome thin! You're going to do just fine. Just stick to the plan and use us as much as you need for advice, support, and cameraderie. If you follow the plan you can't help but lose. It's a given :lol: Most of use (and I'm still very new here) had lots of fears about failure at the beginning so you're not alone. Keep us posted and good luck!!!!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ChiNut » June 16th, 2006, 11:43 am

Welcome :wave: We're the same height and started at about the same weight. I started at 246. I have two children, two boys 14 and 8. They too don't have a weight problem, although my husband does. I figure they don't need all the junk food either and have been buying them healthy snacks. You'll find out there are a lot of great people on this forum and it is a great place to come when you have questions or need help and encouragement. Looking forward to getting to know you. :mrgreen:
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 16th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby electra000 » June 16th, 2006, 2:51 pm

:wave: :WELCOME ! GLAD YOU ARE HERE ! :wave:
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Elke » June 16th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Hi thin,
Well you wanted a "solid support team" you got it! This place is great. Don't loose sight of you goal, I know its hard to cook for your family and you diet, my kids are pretty much on the plan....the L&G anyway. They are eating healthier and any mom would love that.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sidrah » June 16th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Let me welcome you, too! You seem determined, which is great. Reading around will give you tons of info and ways to modify shakes as soups and other things.

I rarely, if ever, just add 8 oz. of water to shakes. Usually, I add some water (don't measure so I don't know totals), and the powder adn blend it. Then, I add in lots of ice. You get a thicker, colder shake that lasts longer adn fills you up more. Plus you are adding in mroe water for the day. Instead of water, I sometimes use Diet Sierra Mist or Sprite. For added flavors, there are extracts and sugar free syrups you might like.

You can always start simple with diet root beer adn vanilla. Diet orange adn vanilla shake. typical root beer float or creamsicle tastes.

I recently had the Soy Crisps in White Cheddar- excellent snack for if you get hungry.

Have fun; you'll do great.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Joelie » June 17th, 2006, 8:50 am

Very happy to have you join us!
You'll do GREAT! :thumbup:
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 17th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Welcome!

I hope day 2 is going well for you! My advice is to MAKE SURE you get through the first 3-4 days being totally compliant...if you do, you will feel MUCH better in a hurry and make it easier to continue!

Add an extra shake if you need to and watch the clock to make sure you're eating every 2.5 to 3 hours! Celery was my lifesaver in the first week...something to much on, and we're allowed 3 stalks, so I split it up when I needed it!

Ask ANYTHING you need! Glad you're SHAKIN with us! You'll be running rings around those size 2's numbers wise in NO TIME!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » June 19th, 2006, 5:28 am

BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.