Weight Loss and IUD's

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Weight Loss and IUD's

Postby PinkPrincess » June 13th, 2007, 6:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone with and IUD has had any problems after they lost their weight? I have heard rumors of the IUD dislodging or moving with sudden weight loss. Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences or issues.
Thanks For Your Time
She is Clothed in Dignity & Strength, so that she may Laugh at the Days to Come- Proverbs 31:25

5'4
219/205/135

PinkPrincess
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » June 13th, 2007, 10:20 pm

I'm going to leave this one for someone with experience in this area..... :oops: :roll:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » June 14th, 2007, 3:00 am

I would ask someone with MD at the end of the individual's name and do some internet research as well.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Weight Loss and IUD's

Postby MerryMary » June 14th, 2007, 10:07 am

PinkPrincess wrote:I was wondering if anyone with and IUD has had any problems after they lost their weight? I have heard rumors of the IUD dislodging or moving with sudden weight loss. Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences or issues.
Thanks For Your Time

This is something you should speak to your doctor about since it can be an individualized problem that you wouldn't want to overlook. I have heard that some IUDs hamper weight loss :x , so if that's your situation you may want to speak to your doctor about that too. Good luck!
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Serendipity » June 14th, 2007, 10:27 am

I don't get the connection between an IUD and hampered weight loss. It's just a contraption inserted nowhere near the stomach/intestines.......oh well, stranger things......

Pink, I got pregnant with an IUD once. I would definately check with my doctor because if it moves, and I could see why it may with changes in your body, you could be in trouble.....literally! :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby MerryMary » June 14th, 2007, 10:57 am

Serendipity wrote:I don't get the connection between an IUD and hampered weight loss. It's just a contraption inserted nowhere near the stomach/intestines.......oh well, stranger things......

A :rose: is a :rose: is a :rose: --- not so with IUDs!! LOL :roflmao:

Some IUDs have copper and others have slow release hormones in them. All IUDs are merely designed to irritate the lining of the uterus so implantation can't occur. IUDs in general may not slow weight loss but, as I said, some can.
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary

Postby KellyC » June 14th, 2007, 12:18 pm

Def. speak with your doctor...
i'd been having problems ever since I got mine (a plastic one).. finally I had it removed earlier this week... when I started MF, I cycled for 2 weeks straight.. then off 2 weeks, then on again.. somehow the quick, large amount of weight I lost triggered something whacko (i guess it was a big release of estrogen?)..

Doctor said the same thing people here warn about over and over -- if you don't want a pregnancy, make sure you are very very careful, as you will have heightened estrogen levels.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » June 14th, 2007, 12:29 pm

Serendipity wrote:I don't get the connection between an IUD and hampered weight loss. It's just a contraption inserted nowhere near the stomach/intestines.......oh well, stranger things......

Well, my foot shrunk.... so, ya never know what other things might..... :nana: :roflmao: :roflmao: :couch:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » June 14th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Mike wrote:Well, my foot shrunk.... so, ya never know what other things might..... :nana: :roflmao: :roflmao: :couch:

Yet another benefit of weight loss......makes them easier to stick in our mouths, hehehehe :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby alpha femme » June 14th, 2007, 3:15 pm

Serendipity wrote:
Mike wrote:Well, my foot shrunk.... so, ya never know what other things might..... :nana: :roflmao: :roflmao: :couch:

Yet another benefit of weight loss......makes them easier to stick in our mouths, hehehehe :mrgreen:

i sure hope you're still talking about feet...
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Diana » June 14th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Pink, I hope my sister doesn't mind, but I'll share her experience:

No problems at all with the IUD losing 85 lbs in 4-5 months.

As an epilogue, she had the IUD removed and is now preggers. She's had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and we expect Baby Elizabeth to arrive in early September.

But then again this is one anecdote.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to What's Shakin'