Waiting for Order

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

also waiting

Postby JanTx » November 24th, 2004, 1:09 pm

I am also waiting for my order to arrive. I ordered Monday after finding an ad in Diabetes Forecast. I'm 50, 4'11", and now weigh 184. I used to feel very fat at 150! I've recently been put on insulin where I had just been using oral medications so ... I need to take charge here. I ordered a starter pack of 1 month of diabetic MF. I was concerned about Thanksgiving also so even if my order arrives I think I'll wait until either Sunday or Monday to start. I ordered off the MF website so don't have a health advisor. Any suggestions anyone can give about that would be helpful.

I've been married 31 years (yesterday was our anniversary) and my husband is strugging with high blood pressure, but insists that he's just fine. Sigh. I'm hoping to be a better model for him.

We have two children - 25 and 22. The 22-year-old daughter is married to a Marine and lives 1500 miles away. They'll be coming back home at the first of the new year and she's my wonderful motivator. I hope to have a great start by the time she moves back and let her help keep me motivated when things start getting old.

I liked this forum because though there are a lot of newbies here there are also some success stories to share and give advice.

Thanks for providing such a helpful place. Any advice anyone can give will be appreciated.
JanTx

Postby shineface » November 24th, 2004, 4:33 pm

Hi Jan---

I am a long time member of this forum and I can tell you MF works --- it is the most wonderful weight loss tool I have ever used. I am coming back after a lapse and I know this is the only thing that works.

I'm giving my own advice - what works is shake and post and drink, drink, drink the water and come here with questions and problems and successful shares. The people on this forum are amazing and real and give love, honesty and advice on how to succeed.

Welcome - you can do this!

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JanTx » November 24th, 2004, 9:09 pm

Thanks - my order did arrive today. I put a week of baggies together - I read this on ebay from someone who was selling MF products - I made a baggie for each day with all the packets for that day inside. I'll grab that baggie as I leave for work and should be all set to go! I'll be doing the 5+1 plan since that's the only one recommended for diabetics.

Thanks for the advice. Like so many who have posted I feel like I've done everything else!
JanTx

Postby Nancy » November 25th, 2004, 2:21 am

Howdy Doody, Jan ~

Welcome to our Forum Family! It sounds like you are off to a great beginning by planning ahead for your meals. I think it is also a good idea for you to wait until this very foody event is over. Your daughter will be proud of you for taking better care of yourself. Your hubby will be amazed and next anniversary, you will look like the bride in your wedding pictures!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 26th, 2004, 12:13 pm

Welcome JanTx! :wave:

I remember when I first started a mere 6 months ago on June 1, and an looked for success stories. It's hard to believe it myself, but I'm one of them now in such a short time! So, I plan to keep posting to share my experiences with transition and maintenance because everyone's experiences shared here are so beneficial to us all. Because Hawaii has a phenomenally large number of diabetes, I'm very interested in how you fare on the plan so I can share it with those here who need it.

Happy to meet ya! :lol:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 27th, 2004, 12:02 pm

Jan,

As you prepare to begin your 5 and 1 weight loss program, you will be able to have some nice lean turkey breast for your meal. Be sure to eat/drink all of your Medifast meals on time and to drink plenty of water. It will be fun for us to watch your progrss as the pounds begin to melt away.

Happy shaking!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JanTx » November 27th, 2004, 12:43 pm

Just getting ready I have lost a couple of pounds! How fun! I'm a horrible snack freak so I haven't been buying any snack replacements - so I'm sure that's helped, and being aware of this renewal time has helped me be aware of what I eat.

Hey - everyone who's been doing this for a while - enjoy this new feeling with me - that excitement, something-special-is-about-to-happen, mixed with a little bit of fear - enjoy that feeling again. I'll share mine with you! And if anyone out there is weakening - please use my new start to give yourself a re-start.

I know a couple of weeks down the road, I'll need to re-read this!
11/28/2004

50 years old, 4'11"
(See? I'm NOT overweight, just undertall! So I need to be ... 7'2"?)

182/177/124
JanTx

Postby Nancy » November 27th, 2004, 12:54 pm

Jan ~

What a great idea to encourage some that haven't yet begun their program and also to 'shake up' some shake slackers! :mrgreen:

You have sortta placed a shake challenge out there! Go for it, Forum Readers! Shake up your world and let's de-flab America!
:cheers:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Welcome fellow Newbie

Postby Terri » November 28th, 2004, 8:09 am

Welcome JanTx:

Though I have been on the program for less than a week...I have had plenty of support from our forum friends...the postings help
We will fight together....:fence:

In the meantime...Drink up.. :toast:

by the way..if you put a 1/4 tsp of diet peach ice tea mix in the vanilla it tastes like a peach frappe (use ice)... :thumbup:

Terri
Terri

Return to Come on in.