waiting for order

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

waiting for order

Postby Terri » November 18th, 2004, 6:07 pm

I everyone! My name is Terri. I ordered my MF last night and am waiting for it's arrival. I am a 43 years old female, 5'1" 206 lbs. :shock: I have been married to my husband Larry for almost 23 years :D . I have 2 kids, 1 girl in college, 1 boy Jr High School.

Have struggled with my weight my hole life...Weight problem started at age 8. I have tried every diet known to man! :x No success keeping it off!
Your average Yo-YO.

I have read alot of the entries and You all are doing so very well. :-P

Can't wait to start
Terri

Postby Karen » November 18th, 2004, 7:21 pm

Hi Terri, nice to meet you. You will LOVE the MF stuff, it is great. I think you will find the posts on here very helpful. I have. I have just been on MF 10 days, no cheats, that's a record for me. Welcome aboard the train to thinsville.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Simmshe » November 18th, 2004, 8:01 pm

Welcome Terri, and you, too Karen :)!

Terri, are you starting your plan before Thanksgiving? I'm just asking because when you get started, you want to get on a roll--starting and restarting sucks--period, and is difficult to near impossible for many people to do--but when we are ready, we are ready! There's no better time than the present :).

Let us know when you get started and how you're doing. Wishing you the best on your last weight loss journey :)!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 18th, 2004, 9:07 pm

Welcome Terri! :wave:

I was pretty anxious too waiting for my box. Personally, I would enjoy Thanksgiving first and then start but then again, the weekend before I planned to start, I ate everything in sight so I wouldn't miss it. That doesn't make any sense but my little warped mind liked that idea. You do sound ready - we're here to listen so feel free to share your thoughts.

Glad you found this!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 19th, 2004, 1:04 am

:wave: Howdy Doody, Terri ~

It's nice to meet you.

Gosh, when we were expecting our first box of Medifast to arrive I remember :runner: running to our front door every time I heard a :redprowl: motor vehicle come down the street! In the 'olden days,' all Medifast orders took 10 days to arrive. :whistle:

Larry will think he has a new wife and all of your kids' friends will think they have a new Mom!

We know you'll :heart: love the Forum Family, they are the best.

Shake it up and shake it off! :toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby explorthis » November 19th, 2004, 9:20 am

Hi Terri!

I can remember, about 439 days ago, (yes 439 days ago I began Medifast) starting. I remember my Mom discovering Medifast, and talking to me about it. Ok I said, as I was on Optifast, and knew what a liquid program like this did. Let’s do it. I was the “average Yo-Yo” just like you, and just like many of us here. My wife scoffed a little at the first initial $200+ to get started, as she had seen me begin and unsuccessfully end many fad diets.

Product showed up on the door in about 3-4 days, Arrrrrrgh… I am not ready for this (this was 9/7/03) I have to give up food! I have not given up food since Optifast, about 23 years ago. I like food, I LOVE food! Well, I sucked it up, 100+ pounds later, FULL FAST I did it. I still love food, and always do. I have just learned what to eat, when to eat, and the important part how much to eat.

I can bear testimony; nothing holds a candle to this. The product (with your help) works wonders, I am a new person. I have posted hundreds and hundreds of times, testifying to what it can and WILL do for you.

No more “average yo-yo” here.

New lease on life, and I OWN IT, you can to!

No, I am not a compensated Medifast employee; I am a thinner happy guy! Why would I endorse it till I die? BECAUSE IT WORKS.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Sylvia » November 19th, 2004, 9:29 am

Hi Terri,

Welcome. I would second Camille's recommendation. It is so important to get started on the right foot! I would enjoy Thanksgiving and start right after. I actually started the day after my birthday. I received my order a few days before and was really anxious to get started but ultimately decided to enjoy the b-day festivities and then get started. I actually didn't overeat b/c I was already in the "I want to lose weight" mentality, but I did eat and then started MF the next day.

Fast forward 6 1/2 months, I am at goal - actually a couple of pounds below the number I set as my goal. Once I started, I never looked back. In retrospect, I'm glad I waited a few days and started at a time I was most likely to be successful.

Let us know what you decide and stay in touch as you begin your MF journey.

Sylvia
Sylvia

Postby fedup » November 19th, 2004, 12:07 pm

Welcome Terri!!! :wave:

You will love MF! It positively, absolutely, WORKS!!! Look at everyone here... just regular people who found the right thing! We were all yo-yo dieters, but no more!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Adding my welcome

Postby mombarnes » November 20th, 2004, 9:26 am

Welcome, Terri. I agree with the others on this forum ... the Medifast way is great & will ensure success if followed. But equally important is the support you get here. And the answers to questions. And a boost when you're down. Sometimes I come on with a question or concern (or just needing a little inspiration) and I see someone has expressed exactly the same thing!
Mike - I always read your posts & see what you have written here. Very helpful & inspirational as always. I have a question for you ... I don't remember your every writing about your goal. It seems from your signature that you are not declaring yourself at goal (and I know from your posts that YOU read people's signatures, too. What's up with that? What goal do you have? What's your thinking about goals, setting goals, going into transtion, etc. Just wondering. It will be a long time before I'm there, but I will get there!
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Welcome, Terri!!!

Postby bear45 » November 20th, 2004, 3:08 pm

I was excited and scared awaiting my Medifast...my blood pressure was up so I had to be on meds, my fasting blood sugar was so high I was considered prediabetic and I basically felt like poop!! I began on the friday of Memorial Day weekend so I would be on it for 4 days before going back to work.

I remember reading all of the emails here and just thinking about how Wonderful it would FEEL to be losing weight like everyone here was doing. And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, I felt HOPE :lol: What a wonderful feeling that is.

Well, it is about 5 and a half months later and I am BETTER than I have been in years...I have lost 44 pounds, I am OFF of my blood pressure meds and my fasting blood sugar is normal for the first time in years...

I still have alot of flabbage to lose, but because of Medifast and this forum and my perserverance and honesty, I still have HOPE!!! Because for the first time in a very long time, it really is happening...
So, WELCOME....I know this works...this forum and our dear Nancy are LIVING PROOF of that!!!

Lisa

5/28/04
286/242/150
bear45

Postby Nancy » November 20th, 2004, 4:22 pm

Lisa,

I can totally understand how you felt when you first caught a glimpse of HOPE. I am a Christian and felt like all areas of my life were going well, were in control, I had hope that God would provide for the needs of everyone, had experienced His faithfulness and goodness to me but I was totally hopeless when it came to weight loss and weight management.

Since I had failed all other weight loss programs that I had used, I assumed that this one would fail, too. I was afraid to get my hopes up and to have to face the fact that once again, I was a failure. You see, I had equated my level of success in life with the number on our bathroom scale. My value was wrapped up in my clothing size. Now I know that I was a blockhead but that’s just where I was in my thinking.

I read about how others had lost weight using Medifast in a little newsprint brochure and I thought about how I wished it would work for me. I read the clinical study by Johns Hopkins and that sounded good to me. I began to pray about whether or not I was emotionally ‘up’ to beginning another diet.

There were no websites such as mine in those days and I felt like I was blazing a trail into an unknown forest but I just felt like I must try one more thing before I signed up for pre-bariatric surgery classes. I had read about how Medifast worked for others but I kept thinking, “BUT will it work for ME?” Can I make it work? Am I willing to do it the right way – 100% the right way? My puny little voice whispered, “Yes. I will do my best. With all my heart I will do it 100% correctly.”

I felt better immediately. I began to see my success-o-meter show some weight loss results but at first I doubted the reading. I jumped on and off that scale EVERY time I went to the BR. I assumed that some one had bumped the scale and the scale was whacked but when my clothing actually became loser, I thought it must truly be working. When I had lost about 30 pounds, I realized that Medifast was working for ME. Wow! What a moment! Right there in the old BR, I had experienced an outpouring of HOPE! Lemme tell ya, hope reigns!

You better believe Medifast brings us hope – hope for losing the needed weight and hope for maintaining the weight loss. For the rest of my life, I have hope. I have the hope for all others that are willing to get their rear in gear and do it the right way, too. It takes effort. Great effort – hopeful effort – to make permanent life style changes, to change the way you think about food and to develop a new healthy approach to life.

:leopard:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby explorthis » November 21st, 2004, 9:45 pm

Mombarnes
don't remember your every writing about your goal. It seems from your signature that you are not declaring yourself at goal (and I know from your posts that YOU read people's signatures, too. What's up with that? What goal do you have? What's your thinking about goals, setting goals, going into transtion, etc. Just wondering. It will be a long time before I'm there, but I will get there!

I don’t know if I ever HAD a goal, or in fact reached it. When I joined this board, there were no goal clubs. The board was only a month or so new when I discovered it. I think I was like member #16 at the time. (382 now) As time progressed, Tim created goal clubs, I got put in the “100” club.

About my actual# per say, I just dunno. Depends on whom you ask. Most websites say for my size I should be about 190-215. This morning I was 232. Dr. Phil thinks I am just right! I Medifasted religiously for about 4 months and at one time (about Mid January of this year) saw 223. (117-pound loss from 337) It was next to impossible to maintain 223. After learning exercise and what I could and could not eat, I settled on 230ish. Settled? I suppose. Hard one to answer, I still see the fat guy in the buff. In clothes, I look hot if I do say so myself.

My goal? My goal is to be happy, and this I am. If it’s 232 or 223 then so be it. Matters not really what I eat, I have settled in at 232. I eat SMART all the time. Actually yesterday was about one of the worst days in my eyes of “maintenance” I have ever had. I had a ton to do, and was about 70 miles away from home. Other than stopping by request for ½ dozen glazed donuts (of which I did not even taste) and a LARGE cup of Joe, I shared ½ bag of fries with my daughter, after eating NOTHING all day, and was drained of energy, came home in the nick of time for a B-Day party, ate a medium sliver of cake, and a small amount of full fat I/C, and had my normal salad for dinner (Yes I know man can not live on salad alone) Know what? It was a bad day, but since these days are so few and far between, I feel no guilt, or demise. I EAT SMART. I still weighed in at 232 this morning. (I weigh EVERY morning without fail)

My thoughts are different than most. I did not set an actual goal. This was my choice. I guess you could say I sort of did, in a small way; my goal was a 36” waist, and a XLG tee shirt. I wear a loose 38”, and a snug 36” and a definite XLG shirt, which is actually too big, but I am too self-conscious to wear a tighter large.

Set your goals, this is your time, and you need to do what is right FOR YOU. Does not matter what the others do, but if their ideas work, then they must be doing something right.

I like me, I like the fact I was able to do this, I LOVE the fact I have been able to teach myself new rules about food, and how it controls me. It’s not the easiest thing in the world to maintain, but like our L/W says… Nothing tastes as good as thin feels…. I like being thinner!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby mombarnes » November 22nd, 2004, 5:17 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. As I said, I always read your posts because you always speak to the point and seem to really be reaching out to others on this board.
This online community means a lot to me as I'm doing this MF thing.
Thanks again.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes

It has Arrived!!!

Postby Terri » November 24th, 2004, 6:25 pm

:mrgreen:
It has Arrived..Monday Night actually!
I started Tuesday. I thought about waiting but I reasoned that if I do the modfied plan 5-1, I can still have some turkey and salad :turkey: .
I figure that any little bit I do will help. I figure if I have started I may not pig out so bad.
I am determined to succeed this time! :guzzle:
The taste is not so bad, and I don't have to spend a lot of time preparing.
I have found that I have a terrible headache though... :scratch: Has any one else had this problem?
Thank you for all your words of encouragement...It helps :hi5:
I reweighed myself tuesday night..208lbs....I will weigh in on sunday! :pace:
Terri

Postby Sylvia » November 24th, 2004, 7:57 pm

Terri,

A headache is very common for up to the first 3 days but after that it should go away and you should start feeling really good and not at all hungry.

Congrats on starting and I admire you for doing it right before T-giving. As we say here, there will be more t-givings and many more eating opportunities after Medifast. Just buckle down and do it now, once and for all.

I started out in May weighing in at a shade over 225. I now weigh 151-152. I am at my goal and have just completed transition. I have not been this weight since my Junior year in college - almost 20 years ago! Best of all, I look good, feel great and am healthy! Believe me, if I can do this, you can too.

Come to the board often and post all you like. It will really help!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sylvia
Sylvia

Next

Return to Come on in.