A veggie question.....

Add your favorite recipes.

A veggie question.....

Postby Lois » June 4th, 2004, 6:56 pm

Hello!

I've been reading some past posts and read where Nancy said we can have a small amount of onion, green pepper, or celery in soup or bullion per day.

So...does that mean, for example, that bullion with a little chopped celery would be a "free food"? Can it effect your weight loss if you're on the full fast?

It sounds great for those days when you feel a little hungry....

Thanks!

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » June 4th, 2004, 10:16 pm

Personally, I say no hampering. My entire 4 months, every night consisted of a heaping 2+ cups of scalding boullion, with seasoning's and 2 full stalks of celery diced up. Onions, and I am sure peppers are fine also, within reason, as they do not contain sugar, as fruit does. I must have done something correct, I averaged .9 pounds a day loss

Check the "FAQ" section: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=566

snippet from this section:

What can I put on the salad?

Your salad can include 1 to 2 cups of any kind of salad greens along with up to ¼ cup total of any combination of raw vegetables such as peppers, onions, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms, radishes, alfalfa or bean sprouts, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, or cabbage.
You may use 1 to 2 tablespoons of low-fat or non-fat salad dressing.

Which vegetables can I eat if I don't want a salad?

You can have between 1 to 1 1/2 cups of any low-starch vegetables including asparagus, green beans, beets, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, snow peas, spinach, zucchini, or tomatoes.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » June 5th, 2004, 2:14 am

Lois,

Yep, ya really can have some chopped celery in your bouillon - remember, you can have up to two stalks of celery a day as a FREE food!

I use Mrs. Dash with wild abandon!

A tad bit of chopped green onion or pepper goes a long way to enhance the flavor and texture of chicken broth! I really love the Robust Tomato Fast Soup - it is super! Use it as a rub on chicken or fish, add it to the Minestrone or Chili for extra flavor or to extend the portion size a bit, have it hot or have it chilled.
:thumbup:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » June 5th, 2004, 8:04 am

Thanks, Mike and Nancy!

You can't imagine (oh wait, yes you CAN ;) !!!!) how excited I am at the thought of adding minced celery to my bullion and/or creamy soups!

Nancy, I LOVE fiddling around with herbs and spices. In chicken broth/soup I like curry, chinese "five spice" blend, lemon grass (tastes like thai food)....in beef broth and/or tomato soup I like cumin, chili powder, tobasco sauce, rosemary....and I'm still experimenting ;)

Thank you both for your help on this. You "big time losers" are my MF gurus :heart:

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » June 6th, 2004, 1:43 am

Lois ~

Yum! Your delectable and delish dishes ought to go on our Lean Cuisine page! Just think of how you will be able to do maintenance - you can spice and herb it up to your heart's content because you will know how to balance your meals both nutritionally and portion size-wise! Many of us use Medifast products several times a day for maintenance. With your culinary gift and interest, you will be our Medichef! :bib: :flip:

xxxooo
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lois » June 6th, 2004, 12:24 pm

Thanks, Nancy :heart:

Did I ever enjoy my Creamy Tomato MF soup last night, made with beef bullion, cumin, and chopped celery. When I was finished i felt positively F-U-L-L ;)

I think that maybe one of the MANY benefits of MF for me will be that I am learning how just a mug of broth or soup can curb hunger....AMAZING!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » June 6th, 2004, 6:08 pm

Lois ~

You are doing a fantastic job! Yep, those warm beverages really do fill our tanks - they are satisfying, give us the feeling of satiety and well, they just taste great! I am really impressed with your creativity. It’s neat to see how so many people come up with ways to enhance the basic products. I am so busy that often I just have my soup with a couple of shakes of Mrs. Dash and consider it Gourmet and Go! :bib: :eat: :drive:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine