Coffee and Veggie questions

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Coffee and Veggie questions

Postby wonderwomans alter ego » October 16th, 2007, 2:42 pm

Do many of you drink coffee? and is it possible to use something as a creamer, thats what I am used to. Is splenda ok to use for a sweetner? Also can you have a veggie snack other than pickles and celery. If anybody has used any of these does it inhibit the weight loss? Thanks to everyone who responds! :-P
wonderwomans alter ego

Postby bikipatra » October 16th, 2007, 3:51 pm

The Quickstart quide says you can use milk in your coffee. I usually used half and half or lowfat half & half instead, one tablespoon in each of the three allowed cups of coffee. Splenda is allowed but is a condiment, just like the milk you would add to your coffee. We are allowed 3 condiments a day. It didn't seem to effect my weight loss. If I drank more coffee than that, I drank it black. As far as I know, those are the only allowed vegetable snacks. I only had a snack of pickles or celery 5-6 times.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 16th, 2007, 6:11 pm

I love to make lattes out of my coffee and MF shakes -- SOOO YUMMY!

As far as snacks - Biki's right, just the pickle and celery veggie wise. You can always split your lean and green if you want, but make sure you split both the lean and the green.

I use bullion in between meals now too. Learned that here.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » October 16th, 2007, 11:04 pm

These two ladies nailed it. The only thing I would beware of is the FF creamers. Some folks think that FF creamer is better, but they usually increase the carbs in those. The SF creamers usually increase the fat. SO, stick with either regular half and half or lowfat/nonfat milk (as Biki suggested).

Di likes to add the vanilla, banana, or chocolate shake to her coffee. I prefer only the hot cocoa with the coffee (with a little splenda).

As for the veggie snacks.... follow what the ladies have said... they wise.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.