using soda in making shakes....

Add your favorite recipes.

using soda in making shakes....

Postby kayhamil » August 25th, 2006, 7:51 am

so I take it you have to let the bubble get out of the soda before putting it in the magic bullet??? I would love to try some of those recipes using soda but am leary of having an explosion... I think this question was asked before but can't find the answer...
thanks for any help.... I dont post often but am almost 3 months into the program and have lost 45 lbs... have 80 more to go.... MAJOR SIGH... I hope I can make it.....
kayhamil
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Serendipity » August 25th, 2006, 8:19 am

I don't have a magic bullet, but I would assume that there might not be enough room in them to do the soda.....somebody with a magic bullet will jump in and tell you about that. Maybe if you add part of the soda and then add the rest after mixing...??

I use a full sized blender when I use diet soda and have no problems. I use the whole can with additional ice and it works fine.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Prancer » August 25th, 2006, 8:40 am

I make them with a bit of water and ice then add the soda after. If you put the soda in the bullet the pressure makes it hard to get the lid off then it does make quite a mess when you do get it off. If you want fizz then mix it up with water and add soda after, if you are looking for just the flavor then let it go flat before you mix.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby kayhamil » August 25th, 2006, 9:35 am

thank you all for the quick replies... now I can go experiment....
kayhamil
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby supermom » August 25th, 2006, 7:57 pm

I don't use any water when I make mine. I just use ice (lots of it), shake powder, and soda. I make them in my smoothie machine.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

DIET SODAS IN SHAKES

Postby BettinaV » September 5th, 2006, 8:14 pm

I do not have a magic bullet so I can't speak to that question. But I have to say that adding the diet sodas to the shakes makes all the difference. My favorite chocolate diet soda is Canfield's chocolate fudge. I could drink it all day on its own. :mrgreen: But adding it, or cream soda, orange, black cherry, strawberry, root beer, etc. to the shakes is a Godsend.
BettinaV

Postby Sablebaby » September 6th, 2006, 2:06 pm

I never had a problem using soda in my magic bullet. I just added soda, shake, and ice and blend. No explosions. They are so good. I have orange tropicana in a vanilla shake for a orangesicle. Also, root beer in vanilla shake, or even diet coke. YUM!
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Return to Lean Cuisine