Mixing soda with shakes???

Add your favorite recipes.

Mixing soda with shakes???

Postby SneezyKitten » July 18th, 2004, 7:21 pm

Hello!

I have read from time to time that some of you have mixed diet soda with a shake packet.....if you have done so, please advise.....do you mix straight dry packet with one can soda, or do you cut it down and how do you get it to "mix" without making a MESS.......Please advise! What is your process? I am a Diet Ginger Ale and Diet Cherry Coke addict!

Thanks!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » July 18th, 2004, 8:19 pm

I usually do 1/2 of a can of soda in blender with enough ice to make a thick shake, then put in a tall glass and slowly pour the rest of the soda over it, kind of like a float. My favorite sodas are canfield's diet chocolate and cream soda. Happy Floating...
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby explorthis » July 18th, 2004, 9:10 pm

do you mix straight dry packet with one can soda, or do you cut it down and how do you get it to "mix" without making a MESS

Absolutely – mix to your hearts content. I remember this one clearly, especially the first time, what a MESS! Carbonation and Medifast make a real “foamer” I learned, pour the shaker packet in the glass, (tall frozen one makes it COLD) and about 2 shot glasses (for lack of a measurement) of soda, and mix w/a spoon till real blended. Once this is done, I added the remainder of the 12oz can to the goo, and viola, Medi-soda. I was a diet-coke guy, since that was all that the kids and Mom drank. Not my first choice, since I was pretty lazy, but it broke up the same-same.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » July 18th, 2004, 9:18 pm

Yes...I would have to say that "foamy goo" or "gooey foam" was what I ended up with all over my hands, the kitchen counter, and the floor. It sort of mushroomed up and over and out very quickly! Okay...note to self....pour slowly......
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Triskets » August 3rd, 2004, 12:01 pm

Hiya Gang -

I use a full can of pop but I use a 1 quart Tupperware liquid container.
Pour the pop in, add ice, add the MF, put the lid on and shake. You'll feel the container expand from the carbonation so you have to burp the lid and then shake some more. No gooey mess, no clumps.
My fav is Dutch Chocolate with diet creme soda. Yummy! ;)
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Mixing soda with shakes???

Postby broncoric » August 4th, 2004, 11:13 am

SneezyKitten wrote:Hello!

I have read from time to time that some of you have mixed diet soda with a shake packet.....if you have done so, please advise.....do you mix straight dry packet with one can soda, or do you cut it down and how do you get it to "mix" without making a MESS.......Please advise! What is your process? I am a Diet Ginger Ale and Diet Cherry Coke addict!

Thanks!

I mix all my shakes with diet 7up/orange/rootbeer/creme. I put soda in a blender add one or two packets of desired flavor packet of medifast and blend at medium speed for 15 seconds. walla! Orange vanilla shake.
Tastes better to me.
Broncoric
broncoric

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 12th, 2004, 3:19 pm

LOL After a few glasses of foam, I bought some Root Beet flavored syrup (Davinci Gourmet), now I just hit the blender with water, ice, a shot of flavoring, and a vanilla shake....yummy!

For the occasional other treat, I blend a vanilla shake up per the norm, though thicker than usual, and add slowly to a large glass of cold soda of choice, mixing slowly. I hate that foamy stuff, but I love to do MF in the blender with ice, and sometimes it's a hazard. :tongue:

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine