Pre-making shakes

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Pre-making shakes

Postby finalstraw » January 28th, 2004, 5:01 pm

I know that you can order RTD shakes, but if you don't have any on hand, can you prepare a shake and take it with you in a container that you can just shake when you get ready to drink it? The shake would sit for about 3-4 hours at a time. :?
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Indigo » January 28th, 2004, 6:15 pm

Yes, but I'd add some ice into it!! Makes it a WHOLE lot nicer! I actually mix mine up, put it into a thermos I've gotten cold and put in a couple of ice cubes . . . it lasts just fine.
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Ellen » January 28th, 2004, 7:16 pm

Someone that I chat with from another site pre-makes hers the night before and then puts the shaker jar right in the freezer. She then brings it to work and puts it in the fridge and says that by lunch time it is slushy and good. Personally I've never tried it. I have pre-made some and just had them right from the frige and they were fine. Someday I'll get around to trying the "slushy" concept.
Ellen
248/216/125
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 29th, 2004, 5:25 am

I have been mixing three packets together with extra water (so 3 packets would be 8 oz x 3 PLUS a couple more ounces of water), I blend it up and sit it in the fridge over night. I re-blend in the morning and then pour in to a nalogen water bottle that has ounces marked on the side. It keeps all day for me (my car is cold in the parking garage!) and they are soooo good!!!! I still use the RTD boxes when I don't have time to blend or when I stay at school later than expected OR when I am driving (easier to drink!)
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 29th, 2004, 8:17 am

I haven't tried the RTDs yet - how do they taste compared to the regular?

Kimbob the Curious
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Ellen » January 29th, 2004, 3:17 pm

Personally, I think the ready to drinks taste GREAT. I think they taste much better than the powder packets. However, they are small (juice box sized). With my Dutch Chocolate packets, I use 8 ounces of water, 5 large ice cubes and two squirts of Davinci sugar free chocolate syrup along with the Medifast mix. I do this in a blender and it makes a huge giant shake that fills up my largest glasses. This is really filling. So it is a trade off.

I use the ready to drinks for "on the run" times and emergency stuff (with teenagers something is always cropping up!). I use the packets if I'm home and have access to the blender.
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to Weight Loss