Upset Stomach

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Upset Stomach

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2004, 8:04 am

Hello all, got thru day 1, it was a struggle. About 3pm my stomach got very upset. I felt nauseated, stomach very upset, have very bad gas. Feels like i have to throw up but cant, then like i have to use bathroom but cant. Dont know what to do to comfort my stomach. Drank one shake at 7 this morn, and stomach is doin flip flops. Scared to drink another, it is time and dont know what to do. All i have been doin is layin around. I hate this feelin. Has anyone else went thru this. This is me Pretty Face, for some reason it wont let it go thru when i try to use my name.

Postby RavenKat » May 18th, 2004, 8:25 am

MAYBE you need lactaid? I've never felt like throwing up after shakes but a lot of intestinal stuff has happened.

Just an idea....

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » May 18th, 2004, 9:19 am

I'd try the lactaid....... I went through an adjustment period too..... your body has to get used to this. Give it some time and things should settle down.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » May 18th, 2004, 10:36 am

I just looked up soy allergy symtoms, and none of your symtoms are listed. I remember having a 3-day headache and a touch of nausea and diarrhea, but that didn't last but a day or two.

Assuming you contacted your doctor before you started the fast, did they give you a thumbs-up on fasting? If so, please don't get discouraged, Pretty Face. Your body is undergoing a dramatic change. Your calorie level has plummeted, as it needed to, and you're also not ingesting the perservatives, additives, and all the other chemicals that are in our foods today. You might just be simply going through withdrawal from those types of things. If you are concerned, check with your doctor.

Hang in there. The first few days are the roughest, but the road smooths out and the journey is awesome after that.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 18th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Pretty Face ~

Uh, oh! :puke: Sounds like you had a skanky day. So sorry. Some people do experience diarrhea and BAD gas, others do not. Guess you are one who does.

Our bodies need a few days to detoxify and also to become accustomed to the concentration of nutrients in the shakes. Be sure to maintain good water intake and some bouillon may be comforting as well as supply some additional salt.

As Carrie and RavenKat mentioned, consider using the lactaid - some people need to take two or three tablets with each shake initially and after a few days (some people need to take it for a couple of weeks), you should feel better.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss