I am getting upset here!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am getting upset here!

Postby Blondie » February 2nd, 2006, 9:24 am

Hello everyone,
I really need a talking to here....I started the medifast on 1/21. I weighed myself on 1/28 which was a week and I lost 7lbs which was great.. :yippee:. Then I just weighed myself today which is five days later and I only lost 4 ozs. :cry: . I though I was to lose big every week?? I can't be at a plateau already, can I??
Please help me! I am following the plan to a tee! :water: Drinking lots of water 64 ozs a day.
Here is what I'm doing, please someone tell me if I'm doing this right.

7 am shake
10 am oatmeal or pudding - 2 tbsps of lite cool whip (Nancy said it was ok) lots of water following
1 pm cream of chicken soup - water or diet soda
2 pm fast soup and the crackers
4 pm a bar - water
7 pm -cream of chicken soup or chili
10 pm or sometimes 9:30 pm - pudding or a shake

Maybe I shouldn't have the fast soup?? :eat: . Thanks for your guidance.

Blondie :wave:
Blondie

Postby lameteorologa » February 2nd, 2006, 9:27 am

I am in the same boat. I have already plateaued. I have been having my 5 MF meals and then 5 oz chicked and lettuce with 2 tbsp vinegarette.

Is it normal to plateau so early?
lameteorologa
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Ashes » February 2nd, 2006, 9:28 am

From reading older posts, they say that after the first week or two your body takes a week to adjust, you may not see a big loss if any for a week. Relax, and trust in MF.

Hope this helps!

1/17/06
275/260/170
1st goal: 30lbs. (245 by 3/28 - I really hope I can!)
Ashes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Drama Queen » February 2nd, 2006, 9:50 am

Hi Blondie,

You are doing things right. Don't get discouraged and don't give up! Our bodies need time to adjust to this wonderful new fuel we are giving them. Some weeks you may those big, other weeks not. The reality is...you are losing the weight!!! It's all about us getting healthy! Stick with the program...you can do this! Your body is just on it's on its own time schedule.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: I am getting upset here!

Postby MusicalMomma » February 2nd, 2006, 10:15 am

Blondie wrote:2 pm fast soup and the crackers
Maybe I shouldn't have the fast soup?? :eat: . Thanks for your guidance.
Blondie :wave:

Hey Blondie...you can have the fast soup OR the crackers, but not both as I understand it. However, I don't think it would make a big difference in the scale if that's the only tiny alteration to the plan. I had a stall right around the same time but by weigh in day (2 days later) I had dropped 3 pounds! :) Hang in there! You're doing great!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 2nd, 2006, 10:18 am

lameteorologa wrote:I have been having my 5 MF meals and then 5 oz chicked and lettuce with 2 tbsp vinegarette.
Is it normal to plateau so early?

Hey lameteorologa! You should be having 7oz's of chicken, 5oz is not enough. AND that's 7oz AFTER it's cooked! YAY!!! (7oz chicken, turkey or fish. 5oz Beef, Lamb or Pork). You may not be getting enough calories which tells the body to HOLD ON to the pounds for dear life.
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 2nd, 2006, 10:21 am

Blondie

Your plan sounds fine to me but like Joyce said maybe only have the soup or the crackers?? The first week I was on I lost 10lbs then 3lbs the next week but now I am retaining a lot of fluid so I am thinking this week will not be so good but I am sticking with this because I know it will work for both of us.

Hang in there and keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby aphrael » February 2nd, 2006, 12:15 pm

Blondie,

Everyone has offered some good advice. Some people have really stuborn bodies and even the slightest thing will keep them from losing. I know nancy has addressed this before. Try replacing the bar with another supplement since they have more carbs, cut back to only one snack fast soup OR crackers not both, and certainly not together. Try drinking another 2 or 3 glasses of water. I stopped losing after only 2 weeks last summer when I started the program. I added 3 - 4 more glasses of water a day and the pounds started comming off again. Remember everyone loses differently and has to find the right combination that works best for their systems.

Keep up with things, it does work!
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Thank you

Postby Blondie » February 2nd, 2006, 12:48 pm

All you guys are terrific! I can't believe the responses I received here.
Are we a team or what!!! :goteam:
Thank you so much. I didn't know we can't have the fast soup and crackers together. I can't even believe it would make a difference, but maybe it does. I am not bringing them to work with me anymore, because once it's in my draw, I eat it.
I do the full fast, no protein or veggies and I still can't lose, go figure! :oops:
I am drinking a lot of water the 64 ozs a day is more than enough for me right now :water:
I really can't drink more then that. I really appreciate all your advise, tips and replies. I hope I see a lose by Saturday....I will cry if I don't. :cry:
I am definitely not giving up!

Blondie :)
Blondie

Postby Ashes » February 2nd, 2006, 12:52 pm

Try not to be a slave to the scale. The scale is not the only way to tell if you are losing weight. I know its hard, especially since I am a daily weigher.. but I don't let it affect my mood negatively. If I see no loss, or even a gain, I remind myself that weight fluctuates during a day, week, and even month (especially for us females). Make sure to take measurements too!

1/17/06
275/260/170
1st goal: 30lbs. (245 by 3/28 - I really hope I can!)
Ashes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Dayna » February 2nd, 2006, 12:58 pm

Blondie,

It appears you're on the full fast, not the 5&1. Now I can't remember if you've already addressed this fact in another post, but are you under doctor supervision? They state pretty strongly that if you're on the full fast, you need to be working with your doctor, because of the very low daily calorie count.

Remember that lbs on the scale is only one way (weigh, ha ha ha) to measure what our bodies are doing. Are your clothes fitting any better? Do you notice any changes in the mirror? Also remember that the scale can be fickle, and the numbers will sometimes vary for many, many reasons. Here's my favorite linky/quotey, from this most excellent post in the FAQ section:

Indigo wrote:The Scale

The scale will fluctuate from day to day. All sorts of things affect it, including stress, not enough water, a visit from ‘Aunt Flo’, a little more salt, etc. Some people who have been very committed to the program can handle seeing a 2lb. increase, knowing it’s just part of the pattern and it will go away in a day or two. For others, it ruins their day. Realize that fluctuations WILL occur, but you 'can't NOT lose weight' as long as you stick with the program. It’s a good idea (if you can do it) to only weigh once a week, because you will see the ‘averaging’ weight loss.

Keep the medi-faith. It works. When you get discouraged, just look at the before/after pictures of Nancy. If that's not inspiration, I don't know what is!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Blondie » February 2nd, 2006, 1:26 pm

Hi Dayna,
Yes, I am under a doctor supervision. I would really love to lose 50 lbs by June 1st. :? I hope it happens. I think maybe I should stop the fast soup WITH the crackers. Maybe that's just too much. But I am very hungry during the day, not too bad at night.
I will see what the scale say on Saturday. I will try to weigh in only Saturdays and no other days....it's just too depressing...I am obessed with the scale I admit it. :oops:
I am just getting sick of struggling on diets, I really am and I think everyone hear agrees with me. At least this is easy enough, where if you screw up, you know where you made mistakes.
I just am thankful for all the support here, you couldn't get this much support even at a diet center....and god knows I've been to those! :lol:

Blondie
Blondie

Postby falisamarie » February 2nd, 2006, 3:14 pm

Blondie

I am not sure how much overweight you are but they say that sometimes people who are extremely overweight and that do the full fast should actually have 7 supplements a day so you body does not go into starvation mode. I know that Nancy is away right now but hopefully she will be able to make some time to sign on and maybe help you out some more.

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Return to Come on in.