Upset for the next 5 days

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Upset for the next 5 days

Postby Nite Izes » April 23rd, 2004, 9:15 am

Went to my GI visit today and she told me to cease using Medifast until 28th April. I can start again after the procedure or on the 29th :x

The reason is I have a biopsy colonoscopy to check my intestinal tract indepth on the 28th and on the 27th have to drink 4 quarts of GoLytely (prescribed medication to clean out my digestive tract). She felt, that I should save my Medifast since it is costly and take it again after my procedure is performed, this way I can pick up where I left off and continue my weight loss journey.

But since it is for only 5 days, I want to stay on it until the the 27th. She just keep telling me, to save the Medifast and restart after the procedure. She said to just eat puree or small meals like I do per day, just up it to 3x, drink lots of water and not to forget my protein intake. She said she is helping me, but I fear I might gain weight during that time. I put so much effort to lose and she said "don't worry, if there is a few lbs gained, pick up and continue". She said I am :3head: too hard on myself.

But you gotta understand, I do not want to feel like I failed if I gain and to have a break and restart again. I have a good track record. Then she tells me that I might gained, but it is understandable and not a biggie due to the circumstances, maybe upto 3 lbs max. Just let these 6 days pass and think of the 29th as a new phase. :scratchhead:

Please give me some support and positive advice. This is a must and I do not want to gain what I have lost so far. I should have bought some of the Medifast chili, soups to have in hand in case something like this occurs unexpectly. I should have done that when I made my 1st order. So I brought extra canned tuna, yogurt, extra low carb milk, few slices of deli meat (turkey, cheese and prepared chef's salad). Maybe these things will help me stay put and not gain weight. Well with this order, I am adding a Medifast sample pak and 1 box of chili for sure.

Thanks and I appreciate for anyone willing to give me some input.
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » April 23rd, 2004, 9:58 am

Went to my GI visit today and she told me to cease using Medifast until 28th April

She just keep telling me, to save the Medifast and restart after the procedure. She said to just eat puree or small meals like I do per day, just up it to 3x, drink lots of water and not to forget my protein intake

I am not a Doctor. First I would call one of the health advisors….

However, I have read these types of things before, about ceasing Medifast for something or another.

Nancy has posted before; there are no magic ingredients in Medifast, just common sense stuff. How can your GI-Doctor tell you to cease, Medifast, but allow small meals, and or puree foods? What exactly is the difference is what I am asking.

Most Doctors are ignorant to the Medifast process, as was a physician I saw early on. Her only concern was I was losing too fast, and I should cease this tom-foolery. She could not give me justifiable reasoning, but to stop.

I would definitely check more w/a Medifast Nurse, and/or Nancy and Terry…

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 23rd, 2004, 11:45 am

Sorry Nite Izes,

I sent that to the wrong place.

Still keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 23rd, 2004, 10:03 pm

I'm really at my wits end with health "Professionals". What on EARTH could be wrong with an FDA medically approved, clinically tested and used by Johns' Hopkins University, medically formulated, balanced, full of good stuff food. They want you to eat processed, unbalanced, by guess and by gosh combination of who knows what you'll eat foods, in comparison to a medically balanced program?

Now, I really cant argue with your doctor, but when i'm sick, feeling down, got the sniffles or just all around punky feeling, the first thing i reach for is my Medifast. Not a bunch pre-packaged, who knows what.

All the best on your tests....:)

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby SneezyKitten » April 24th, 2004, 3:59 am

I am guessing the GI wants your colon cleansed pre-colonoscopy and perhaps due to the high protein/low fiber basis of Medifast, it may tend to "cling"????? If you must go off for 5 days just keep in mind that you are doing it for the greater good of your whole health. Losing weight is part of that healthy plan, so let this procedure be a part of it too.

Just stay Lean & Green! My doctor told me to go off Medifast for a couple of weeks and I took it to mean that it was time for a free-for-all food party! It has taken me two months to come back! Keep measuring your portions and stick to what you know is safe - salad, chicken, low-starch veggies, and maybe throw in a sugar-free/fat-free yougurt here and there.

Did your Doc give you specific foods or food types to eat or avoid?

We'll be thinking of ya and praying for you for all the best :)
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss