trying to get back on the wagon, err blender

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

trying to get back on the wagon, err blender

Postby lisalisa29 » June 9th, 2004, 11:37 pm

so I started 'shakin' 2 weeks ago and made it through the first 3 days by reading the posts here and staying focused, but then the weekend hit and it was over. I kept telling myself that each bite was "ok... its only a bite". Obviously I was wrong and it took me until yesterday to really get back on track & do this the right way, but another weekend is soon approaching and I know I am going to have trouble. So I cleared out the food i like to eat from my house and put a sign on my fridge to 'go away' and get distracted somehow. reading all of your inspirational and motivational posts really helps. i just 'wanted to eat' tonight so i went for a walk and then came on here for a while. so many of you are doing so well, i feel jealous and want to be a success story also. i am waiting to weigh myself for at least a week, i hope i will be smiling! sorry for the long post.....will smoking have a negative effect? i have been craving nic for days. :shock:
lisalisa29

Postby RavenKat » June 10th, 2004, 4:50 am

Okay - the weekend. Grrr. Do you have computer access at home? Get on and read this forum on the weekends too. Do you have a journal? Start writing in it.

Definitely clean those cupboards! That's the first thing I did - even before my first shipment ever arrived. Some of the stuff on my shelf needed to be thrown out years ago! Hmmm, condensed milk from 1996? Nice.

Go to the library. Rent a movie. Call an old friend. Paint your bathroom. I tell you, after the third day you'll start getting bursts of energy anyway. I have cleaned every closet in my house!

You can do it.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lois » June 10th, 2004, 9:49 am

Hi there!

Kat is right on. Your cravings/hunger will definitely diminish. I am on day #11 and feel GREAT. Log in over the weekend and get the support!!! We're here for you ;)

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » June 10th, 2004, 5:52 pm

LoisLois, you made me laugh. A 'Go Away' sign on your fridge. I used to have a doormat in the '60s that had the same message. Ah, sweet memories. . .

Yeah, though, I hear you. The weekends are the toughest. I've seen several people actually start their fast on the weekends for some reason, and I've always been in awe of them, because, for me, you're around food so much more that it just seems harder. But, everyone is different.

Hang in there, it gets better. Not much help, I know, but it does get better. Kat gave you some excellent advice. Take iadvantage of her experience!

Good luck!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.