I might be back on the wagon...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I might be back on the wagon...

Postby JuliaMejia » February 10th, 2005, 10:40 am

Hey guys, I'm glad to see thoseof you still shaking things up around here! I did quit doing MF after about 16 days last time. I had issues with a faulty scale and found out I had never lost as much as I origonally thought and then when I got a very new and nice accurate scale, I just was not seeing a loss after a few days. Anyway I did immediately join up a new program in my area that I had heard was working well for many at my job. From November 21st to december 21st I lost 13 pounds. Now I have stuck to this program strictly and been exercising, and got down to 227 but I keep regining the same 5 pounds, down 2 up 2 fsince christmas...So I took a break last friday. Now I am not knowing what to do, I feel so happy that I have been eating healthy since November, but my body seems to adjust to whatever I'm doing and then stop losing. I even joined the Y and have been working out there and at home with my gazelle and bike... I'm just really confused about what to do. I am going to put the other program on hold because I invested a lot of $$$ into it. I really need to jump start my weight loss because I am so far behind where I wanted to be by now and feeling really down about it. I always thought if I stuck to something long enough it would have to work?

I'm gonna start up MF today and see what happens, I'm feeling like nothing will ever work and I hate my metabolism, seems like my body is fighting so hard to not lose weight! Sorry to sound so grumpy over here, Im just confused. Im glad I have a couple weeks of MF To get me started. I just HAVE to lose weight. I HAVE to.
May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Go for it!!

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 11:00 am

Hi there Julia Mejia!

Glad to see you are on the right track! You definitely seem to have the drive and discipline it takes to make MF work for you... so I am thrilled you are going for it!!

I have been exercising and watching the same 25 lbs come and go since I did Medifast 16 years ago. I started again a month ago or so and have lost 12 of those lbs. already & it is soooo MUCH easier! I don't have to work out as much and I feel better than ever physically and mentally too!!!

The rewards are present faster than ever before even though my metabolism has changed quite a bit to keep up with all of the skipping meals :hmmm: , diets and over exercise :yippee: :weightlift: I have put it though. I think MF is somehow a Metabolism Miracle...

I wish you the best & look forward to the more educated/experienced replies back to ya on this one as well!!!

It works though - I can attest to that!!

Good luck and I will be looking forward to your next success here with us on MF!!!

~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 10th, 2005, 11:02 am

Hi Julia -- wecome back and nice to meet you. :wave:

I too have had a hate relationship with my scale - I've been on the program for about 27 days and have only lost 12.2 pounds so far. I know .. I know ... those of you who know me out there are going to take a whip to me and tell me that's almost 1/2 a pound a day -- but I frustrate easily as it sounds like you do. And reading in here how so many others are losing 7 - 10 pounds a week - it does weaken my resolve occassionally.

But last nite - I received my success in a shaker jar book - and I read it cover to cover. If you have the book - I suggest you do the same. The chapter on the "Scale" is very informative and (for now) has helped to keep some things in perspective for me. If you don't have the book - GET IT as soon as possible. If you start up again and see the same "slow" results, we don't want to see you leave the program again. The book will help you understand that while the scale may move slowly your body is changing -- and you have to remember everything you have done to you body until now. Of course it is going to take awhile to get our metabolism in the right mode -- we've been yo-yo dieting for years!!!

These little insights helped me feel better about it. I surely do feel my body changing -- I can FEEL that I take up less space (if that makes any sense).

Welcome back and hope to see you here often.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JuliaMejia » February 10th, 2005, 11:15 am

Catherine and Ame, Thanks for your support, I sure am feeling low. It may also be PMS dropping these tears. I have read that book from cover to cover and plan to do so again including the scale section. I know about water retention and for us ladies menstrual changes. On my other plan I was doing it was the same 5 pounds up and down over a month and a half which is way to long to have a plateau. I also know that the weight increase was not muscle...lol. I do feel better though because of the weight I did lose. My arthritis pain is so much better and I don't think it is the little weight loss but the healthier eating. I don't know that for sure though. Also I can wear an XL or XXL instead of XXXL. And a few people noticed too, which is serious motivation. The more I diet, the longer I stick to it each time too. That is great for someone who is an emotional eater...Especially since I am very emotional... :-)

The thing that brings me to MF is the success that I see so many of you are having! The first time I did MF I also lost 9 pounds the first week but I quit because of some fabulous mexican food...which I have only had once in the last 3 months :-) My hubby and I used to eat out ALL OF THE TIME. Well at least 2-4 times a week!

Ok so the first shake down, I like em anyway! I've even had a few while off of MF just because I like em and I know they r healthy!

Thanks everyone!!!

JuliaMejia

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 4:40 pm

I keep reading good things about success in a shaker jar - and now you too! I think I will finally have to order a copy!

It IS frustrating when the scale doesn't show your progress. I have been holding out at the same weight for a week and a half. The only difference was adding the MF crackers once a day and eating a bit of tomatoes and celery... I cut that out for two days and I am finally down another lb! Looks like different people respond differently to every little thing on MF! I know that I had the same problem when I would drink bullion...gained two pounds. Cut out the bullion and lost three. I think a LOT of what we are both experiencing is just water fluctation. Looks like you exercise too... and surprisingly enough, the less I exercise on MF the more weight I lose!

Despite all of the fluctuating though - my clothes fit better every day. I know this is working even when the scale doesn't reflect that. I wouldn't get too worried. Just follow the rules and maybe switch to full fast for a while if you get stuck in a rut (if you have a doc's approval).

I am glad your arthritis is feeling better on MF - that is wonderful!

Stick to it and you will see & feel results no matter what!

I am proud of you for giving it a shot again!

~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 10th, 2005, 5:20 pm

Julia, have you tried the MF for joint health, or whatever it's called? Unca Tim swears by it. Check out the forum that is for discussion of that product.

I understand even Leopard Woman's grand-puppy uses it and benefits from it!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 10th, 2005, 5:29 pm

Joint Health definitely works for me. It's worth a try.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » February 11th, 2005, 12:06 am

Nurse Julia ~

Remember that I am right around the corner from you...Medifast works...I gave you my phone number...didja lose it?

Julia, if you are disciplined enough to fill your gas tank when the little needle points to "E", to brush your teeth and shower regularly, to go to work and stay there for 12 hours a day, then you have enough discipline to have a shake or soup or oatmeal or pudding packet every three hours and to drink a swimming pool of water!

You CAN do it!

I quit because of some fabulous mexican food

Stay away from Mexico Lindo...

which I have only had once in the last 3 months

If you've only had it once in three months, you can stay away for three more months...

You CAN do it.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby JuliaMejia » February 11th, 2005, 11:55 am

Hey guys thanks for the tip on joint health medifast I think I'lll get some!

Nancy - I am technically starting today since yesterday I had a handful of cereal before I decided to start MF again. I just went to the store, got celery, bullion, and sugarfree tang. I also got lotsa stuff for the fam that I can't touch. I left it in the trunk and they can put it all away. I am also gonna order some more MF today. I sure wish I was already a few days into this but it won't take long. I am working all weekend starting tonight so that will help me stay away from food during the tough part! My last record for staying on MF was about two weeks so I really must break that record!

I will also call you sometime Nancy! I see the results on you, Esther, and many more on your forum and I know it's a good thing! I want to be at 199 lbs by sometime in May. I am also 90% sure that in June I will be moving back to Ohio! I am a nurse now, not just my mom's poor daughter with 3 little kids under 4. That's how I left and I weighed 250 then too. I visited last August and weighed around 245. I'd love to suprise everyone by being not only better financially, but thinner and healthier too! Most of my family is there and I've been gone almost 8 years. I've been promising for too long I'd go back and I think I'd better do it before the kids become teenagers.

I found the perfect fat pic of me at 265 (I'm 5 foot 1 inch) :o I'm gonna hang it on the FRIDGE with a pic of me at 145 after my first baby - I thought I was so fat then! This will help motivation!

Also gonna remind hubby - no CANDY on Monday, I did buy some for all of them though. It will stay hidden until then though! You guys I'm sure will all do the same!

Nancy I was referring to MUCHAS GRACIAS restaurant, but I like both places! I am staying away, FAR AWAY! And far away from Fatty Patty's, and Chopsticks as well! Oh and STARBUCKS!

It's a beautiful day here in Washington, don't you think Nancy? WOW

Thanks for your support and if anyone wants to chat I am available on yahoo chat sometimes!

JuliaMejia

Postby Nancy » February 11th, 2005, 12:12 pm

This is IT for you, Nurse Julia...

You will blow your family aweigh IF you choose wisely.

Starbuck's is not off-limits. Just do not look in the bakery case.

Terry and I go there daily - I have a Grande Coffee of the day with a dash of half and half or a Shaken Passion Tea (Ya gotta know that Leopard Woman would order PASSION tea, though she really doesn't need it...hee hee) I order it with NO Valencia and just 1 packet of Splenda...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JuliaMejia » February 11th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Nancy, thanks for the starbucks tip. Drive-thru is the way to go for me so I don't look in the glass case!

JuliaMejia

Postby Nancy » February 11th, 2005, 1:19 pm

I'll have my good :cateye: eye out for you, Nurse Julia...I'm installing one of Jene's fast food car alarms on your car in the hospital parking lot tonight while you are working.

If you even think about doing a :drive: drive through at Burgerville, Taco Smell, Burglar King, Dairy Princess, Muchas Gracias, Chop Sticks or Fatty Patty's an :lightening: alarm, sirens and :whistle: whistles the likes that Vancouver, U.S.A. has never heard will be sounded!

:coach: Run for your lives, People! :leopard: Leopard Woman is gonna do :hammerhead: harmage on Nurse Julia's noggin'!!!

I'm on my way to the YMCA. :veedub:

I can't believe it. I got up at 5:45 AM, showered and got cute and have been doing client support since then...I gotta get off my duff and shake my booty... :weightlift: :yay:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Sylvia » February 11th, 2005, 1:24 pm

I've got you beat - had to get up at 3:45 to catch a flight back home and am now on my way to the gym for an hour long workout with my trainer. I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? I am seriously dragging today but am hoping the exercise will provide a burst of energy!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » February 11th, 2005, 1:47 pm

Be sure to have a shake before you go and a shake shortly thereafter!

It DOES energize me to go to the gym, too.

Have a restful skinny weekend, Sylvia!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.