Travel Kit for Road Trips.

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Travel Kit for Road Trips.

Postby Unca_Tim » July 13th, 2006, 11:45 am

There's been quite a few members who have been successful lately on vacations and road trips. There's also others whose lifestyle includes alot of traveling.

What's in your travel kit, and what kind of steps do you take to help you when you're on the road?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Serendipity » July 13th, 2006, 12:07 pm

1. RTD!!! enough for 3/day
2. Shaker jar
3. Soup and shake packets
4. Bars....1/day
5. Walden Farms single serving salad dressings.
6. Caseload of water - purchased as soon as we reach our destination.
7. Tea bags/splenda
8. Spoon

That's about it. I pack the MF in a separate suitcase and use that suitcase for all of the extra stuff I bring home.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lauren » July 13th, 2006, 1:39 pm

I become the ziploc queen when I am traveling, even for a couple days!

I basically put together one ziploc per day, plus one extra ziploc for emergencies. In each ziploc I have the following:

-- 1 bar
--5 packets/RTDs of MF meals (notice that's 6, I always carry extra, just in case)
-- Several heat-safe 9 oz Dixie cups
-- Plastic Spoons
--1 packet crackers/soy crisps
--1 packet walden farms salad dressing

**also, separate from the above ziploc brigade, I pack 1-2 ziplocs of fresh cut crunchy veggies, just in case I am stuck and really wanting to munch. Usually raw string beans or chopped cabbage or slightly cooked asparagus. This has saved me in many a long car ride. And, for anyone who jumps on me, no, this is not part of my lean & green, this is a just in case scenario that has kept me otherwise compliant throughout my 35 weeks on MF***

So, if I am going away for 3 days, I bring 4 of these bags. Oh, and just because I am completely neurotic, I often stuff extras of all of these things elsewhere in my packing - god forbid my luggage get eaten by a wild boar or fall off a cliff, I don't want to be left without my Medi-meals! You think I'm kidding? Everywhere you look, my purse, my office drawers, home, family's home, beach house, etc., there are stashes of medi-meals!

I also try to pack a couple bottles of water, just in case we end up in some deserted island where water hasn't been invented. :-)

For anyone who is traveling - enjoy it! It's wonderful! You'll feel great about your self, have pep in your step, and save lots of money!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby sherry2232 » July 13th, 2006, 5:29 pm

To our recent trip to Hawaii, along with the above mentioned items, I also took along my own personal hot pot (was my daughter's from college)! Course I had DH carry it in his carry-on bag!

:whip:
06/08/06
252/231/190??
Sherry
sherry2232
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » July 13th, 2006, 8:31 pm

When I went on my trip in June for over 2 weeks, I had planned well. I put everything but the RTD ina ziplock and labeled it by day. In each one was: a bar, Soy crisps packet, shake or tomato soup, and cocoa.
In the cooler were the RTD's and the water.
What I found was that the RTD's need to be kept in a sealed bag in the ice chest or eventually the water seeps into the package and they get kind of soggy. Its fine for a few days, but 2 weeks and it gets kind of funny.
In the box of food I also kept the shakers and splenda.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » July 13th, 2006, 10:37 pm

The last trip I was on, I had the frozen RTDs ready to go (used those instead of ice in the cooler). But I didn't organize the rest. My darling sister who was trying to help me get out the door when I hit a wall dumped about 3 boxes of Medigrub into a grocery bag along with some soy crisps, a shaker jar or two, and off we went. Actually, it turned out fine...although it was kind of cheating that there was plenty of Medioptions where we ended up -- except for needing a stirring implement at one point. (Was tempted to use Unca's finger...)

DeDe?? You gonna chime in here, I hope??? I mean, heavens, this is so totally your LIFE!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 14th, 2006, 12:23 am

what's a hot pot?
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby ktrout » July 14th, 2006, 5:36 am

I just started a new job a month ago and it involves a lot of travel, mostly driving. I've got my MF in ziploc bags, orginized by type. I keep water and seltzer in a cooler and make shakes on the fly in rest stops. Oatmeal and puddings are in another bag to make in the hotel or at client sites.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby sherry2232 » July 14th, 2006, 9:01 am

Hi Csula,

A hotpot looks like a small coffee pot - mine is 9 years old and made of heavy duty plastic with the metal heating element inside on the bottom. You just plug it in and you can choose to either heat up or boil the water in seconds. I see the newer models (with teflon inside) allow you to heat your soup or whatever right inside of it (like on the stovetop), but I just heat water in mine and pour the water in a cup and add the ingredients. Saw new ones at Bed Bath & Beyond and your typical discount stores for under $10.
:)
06/08/06
252/231/190??
Sherry
sherry2232
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss