Transition -- Adding Dairy :)

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Transition -- Adding Dairy :)

Postby gr8bnme » May 9th, 2006, 5:54 am

Well, today will be my first dairy day. i've decided to add yogurt because i actually hate cottage cheese and most things dairy. i am looking forward to the yogurt though.

Last weigh-in I was up .5. Today i'm down .4. phew! i'm glad that so far i'm fluctuating within the 122 lbs. the fruit was good. i've had apples and oranges so far. I'm getting my groceries tonight (thank God for safeway.com) and i ordered grapes and bananas to add to my apples and oranges. as well as fat free (carb control) yogurt. doesn't look like my area has the low carb yoplait yogurt we were discussing in the other post :(... oh well. hopefully dannon's carb control yogurt tastes good.

Here's my eating schedule:

7AM Oatmeal
9AM Bar (love the bar and can't wait 1 min past 2 hours to eat it)
12PM Soup or Chili and small salad
3PM Fruit
6PM L&G
9PM Oatmeal or Shake

I'm planning on adding the yogurt at lunch or dinner (not sure).

So far transition is going well for me, haven't really gained (although I still hope that the scale will read 120 at some point -- but i'm trying to let that go because it's better for me to at least get my metabolism ready as much as possible for my vacation -- i plan to make healthy choices with some yummy extras and i don't want to gain too much)

til next transition phase :)...
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby momof2 » May 9th, 2006, 11:38 am

gr8bnme, thanks so much for posting your schedule. I'm almost there and was wondering how to fit all the new food in. :D

Oh, also, I was wondering why you started transition a couple of lbs before your goal.

Started 4/1/06
momof2
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby gr8bnme » May 9th, 2006, 12:00 pm

you're welcome... i wanted to get all of transition in before my vacation because i want to eat more "normally" on vacation and not gain a lot of weight. i'm going on vacation on 6/4. it probably would have taken me most of may to lose the last two pounds (slow loser) -- so i've had to forego the last two pounds. i'm still convincing myself that i'm ok w/ that.
Last edited by gr8bnme on May 11th, 2006, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
5'0", 31
gr8bnme

Postby momof2 » May 9th, 2006, 2:23 pm

I know what you mean, sometimes I think I should be happy with these few extra lbs but my bottom half isn't in the condition I would like it in, so I'm still working on losing it. :) When did your loss slow down?

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby Nicki » May 9th, 2006, 6:31 pm

Thanks so much for keeping us updated. We can all use your experiences when we get to the magical place called "transition"!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby gr8bnme » May 10th, 2006, 6:09 am

Nikki, looks like you'll be there in no time :)

momof2, my loss has always been kinda slow. i would normally lose about 5 pounds (6 if i was lucky) a month. but it really slowed down when i got to the last 10 or 15 pounds. so i started exercising at the end of march because i knew i needed to start transition in may. exercising helped tremendously. but i didn't quite get the last 2 off. i decided to go ahead with transition, plus my 4s pants started to get a little big, and i really didn't want to be smaller than a 4. I actually am a 2 in slacks and a 3 in jeans, which are kinda hard to find. i was looking for shorts and couldn't find any that were my size and not bermudas in the womans section (i'm too short at 5'0" to wear bermudas). so i actually had to shop in the juniors section, which is not pretty because even though i'm a size 2/3 or 4, i have no business wearing booty shorts and that's what they pretty much have in juniors. but after searching a little, i found some that were long enough to hide the right spots and short enough to not make me look too vertically challenged.

it's funny how no matter what size you are, you can't find clothes. i thought being smaller would be so easy but sometimes it's very difficult, especially adding in that i need petites... and for whatever reason designers think that just because you can fit a size 4, you want your belly hanging out or really low cut stuff and after two kids, my body does not look pretty like that. i've got a ton of stretch marks on my belly not to mention that it's small but flabby. i'm working out to try to tone that up, but i pretty much think that my only hope is a tummy tuck and some liposuction, oh and a boob job. and that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

well i guess i've gone on long enough :)...
5'0", 31
gr8bnme

Postby WillDoIt » May 10th, 2006, 12:47 pm

Last time I went shopping, I tried the junior department. Didn't look too much at the style of the pants, just the size. When I got them in the dressing room, the zippers were only 2 INCHES LONG!. Didn't even try them on. The world isn't ready for low cut jeans and pants on me.
WillDoIt

Postby momof2 » May 10th, 2006, 5:13 pm

I know what you both mean about the junior bottoms! No one should be allowed to show crack, I don't care how skinny you are lol. I'm still at a size 6 for pants since I have a big butt/thighs so that is what I want to get rid of before I start transition. My upper body is just fine.. hopefully I won't lose anymore more on top.

gr8bnme, we could be twins.. regarding the tummy flab. I think my waist is as small as I want it, but that extra skin isn't pretty. I was thinking about how badly I wanted to get rid of it and don't think I'm ready for a tummy tuck either. A boob job wouldn't hurt either after breast feeding for 1.5 years and then again another 9 months with baby #2.

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby gr8bnme » May 11th, 2006, 5:37 am

i know about the boobs... nobody told me about what breastfeeding does to the breasts. i also breastfed two kids. first one for 6 months and the second for a year... they have yet to recover :(...
5'0", 31
gr8bnme

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 11th, 2006, 8:01 pm

I've been reading this thread, because like everyone, I'm interested in how transtion and maintenance is going for folks...I was reading it until you said GRAPES...Grapes? Everything else went woosh over my head when you said the G-word! It is the thing I MISS THE MOST! Have some grapes for me PLEASE so I can live vicariously through you!

BTW Great job on transition, hope you like the yogurt and good luck getting through transition before vacation...

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby gr8bnme » May 12th, 2006, 6:05 am

dede. thanks for the well wishes... i will definitely have some grapes for you :). unfortunately, safeway.com was out of them :( so i'll probably have to go to store and buy some. probably next week.

sunday, i'm going to be adding an entire L&G and a piece of bread (that's what i miss the most). I can't wait but also can't imagine how full i'm going to be. as it is the food i have now keeps me really, really full. it'll be a real surprise if i can actually eat all of that food, which is only 1500 calories. i was thinking before i started on MF, i would be starving with 1500 and now 1500 is sooooo much. kinda funny how a few months of MF changes so much.
5'0", 31
gr8bnme

Postby momof2 » May 12th, 2006, 8:04 am

sunday, i'm going to be adding an entire L&G and a piece of bread (that's what i miss the most).

gr8bnme, so you were doing the full fast before? i miss bread the most too. i am a carb-aholic.

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby gr8bnme » May 12th, 2006, 9:34 am

no i was doing the 5&1 and on sunday i'm gonna be eating 2 L&G's... i'm gonna be stuffed. i am also a carbaholic.
5'0", 31
gr8bnme

Postby MISSANNE » May 12th, 2006, 12:25 pm

gr8bnme-How long did it take you to lose the 70lbs? Did you exercise?
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby gr8bnme » May 12th, 2006, 12:53 pm

It took about 9.5 months to lose 70 pounds. I exercised for a month (the second month) but then noticed my weight loss had slowed dramatically once i started exercising, so i stopped. the weight loss picked up a little bit after stopping. i started to exercise again at the end and it actually helped speed up the loss a little. i did it 3 times a week for about 40 minutes (pilates and step aerobics). sometimes i just went for a walk. i am still attempting to exercise. i feel good if i get it in 3 times a week. exercising is hard for me. i just don't like it.
5'0", 31
gr8bnme

Next

Return to Maintenance