Adding stewed tomatoes to Chili??

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Adding stewed tomatoes to Chili??

Postby TEEZS2K » June 8th, 2005, 7:24 am

I added 1/4 cup stewed tomatoes and a tablespoon of mild chilis to the chili along with the site recommended spices and YUMMMMMMM....I hope this is okay, can someone tell me?
On my way to Self Confidence!
Started MF 6/5/05
week 1 - 8#loss
week 2 - 4#loss

TEEZS2K
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Helen » June 9th, 2005, 9:36 am

what plan are you on?

plus by adding tomatoes you change the protien:carb ratio in the medifast meal which isnt allowed. by adding tomatoes (which are high in carbs compared to other veggies) would definetly change the important ratio that they use in the medifast meals. i would reccomend not doing it. if youre on the 5/1 you could have those tomatoes as part of your lean and green b/c that is another meal that requires you have veggies in addition to your lean meat. i hope this helps.
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » June 9th, 2005, 11:32 am

1/4 cup of stewed tomatoes would generally = about 20 calories, 4-5 carbs and minimal sugars.

Some people can probably get away with it and have good success; others may not.

Helen is correct, adding some more carbs does affect the ratio but it is still within reasonable amounts. We may use a small amount of ketchup, salsa or BarBQ sauce so this would be similar in its nutritional make up.

When I was on the transition and maintenance program, I really watched my intake of carrots and tomatoes because of their higher carb/sugar content. I love tomatoes but am still frugal when it comes to eating them as I do better with limited carbs/sugars
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby TEEZS2K » June 9th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Well I am on the 5/1 program.....Schucks I really liked it. Oh well lots more spices in the cupboard. I got some pretty bad gas when I ate it too, so maybe the tomatoes did it. I had no idea they had so much sugar. Thanks ladies!
On my way to Self Confidence!
Started MF 6/5/05
week 1 - 8#loss
week 2 - 4#loss

TEEZS2K
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss