chili

Add your favorite recipes.

chili

Postby meredith » November 16th, 2003, 5:14 pm

Having tried the chili, I have a few questions. The microwave directions say nothing about covering the bowl, which is what I am used to doing when microwaving. So I covered & vented it, followed the directions, and the final result was very hot and somewhat dry! Does anyone find that the stovetop method tastes or comes out better? Should I have left it uncovered? Overall, I found the chili to be edible & a nice change from drinking. While I do not like my chili to be "try to kill me hot", if it was a little spicer, maybe it would be more of a treat. What spices do people prefer? And can Medifast make it about 4 times the portion given? Just kidding folks!
meredith

Postby Lois » November 16th, 2003, 8:59 pm

Hi Meredith.

I have but one word when it comes to making chili great: CUMIN ;)

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Chili

Postby Nancy » November 17th, 2003, 11:41 pm

Hi, Meredith ~

Yup, I think the chili is better with more water added to it. It IS a good idea to cover the nuking bowl – it is a whole lot easier than licking out the inside of the nuclear box when the beans and stuff explode all over! I like it with chopped celery and onion added to it and also one small tomato chopped up. You can extend the portion size by adding some bullion or a packet of the tomato Fast Soup.

I really like Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy flavoring – it has no salt and is a nice addition to things that can tolerate a spicy enhancement. I love things hot and often use Frank’s Hot Sauce or a dash of Tobasco Sauce to make the soups spicier. Cumin is an excellent addition!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: Chili

Postby Blondie » January 24th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Hi Nancy,
when you say add Boullion do you mean make the boullion and then add it, or do you mean the cube itself?
Thanks

Hi, Meredith ~

Yup, I think the chili is better with more water added to it. It IS a good idea to cover the nuking bowl – it is a whole lot easier than licking out the inside of the nuclear box when the beans and stuff explode all over! I like it with chopped celery and onion added to it and also one small tomato chopped up. You can extend the portion size by adding some bullion or a packet of the tomato Fast Soup.

I really like Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy flavoring – it has no salt and is a nice addition to things that can tolerate a spicy enhancement. I love things hot and often use Frank’s Hot Sauce or a dash of Tobasco Sauce to make the soups spicier. Cumin is an excellent addition![/quote]
Blondie

Postby Nancy » January 24th, 2006, 3:41 pm

I use the granular kind of bouillon so I add a little more water to the chili and add half a teaspoonful of the bouillon granules, stir and cook.

If you have the cubes, they can be cut up with a sharp knife - they crumble up - you may want to try just half a cube to begin with to see if you like the flavor.

I like the Medifast Fast Soups, too because they mix up so easily - sometimes just a small sprinkle is enough to enhance the flavor of the Chili or the Minestrone soup. We all have different ideas about what tastes good to us. I don't like too much salt so I use just a small amount of bouillon. My husband likes salt so much that he even salts ham - truly!

I tried to get him to use the Lite Salt that has half the sodiumof regular salt but he used twice as much of it! We use sea salt.

I hope that you come up with a nice combination, Blondie of spices and flavoring to make your Chili tasty.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DogMa » January 24th, 2006, 5:07 pm

I usually add a spoon of hot salsa and a little Tabasco or other hot sauce to mine.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine