Tofu confusion

Add your favorite recipes.

Tofu confusion

Postby Signladytf » October 25th, 2007, 6:52 am

I'm willing to try anything new. In the Quick Start Guide Vegetarian listings, it says 15 oz. of Extra Firm Tofu...but everywhere else, I'm reading much less. I don't want to sabotage myself so close to my first goal, but I thought, what a great way to get a filling meal if you're extra-hungry one day!

I thought of chopping up the tofu into julienne-type strips, sauteeing them with some "legal" L&G veggies in a little chicken broth and soy....sounds like a winner to me....

I appreciate any and all feedback before I cook it!!!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby iammissruth » October 25th, 2007, 8:32 am

Tofu has a much different consistenty if you aren't used to it. I cooked extra firm lite tofu in a Weight Watchers recipe and neither my husband or I could get much of it down. It's like hardened, but still suishy, yogart without flavor. (You can easily cut it with a plasti knife. Chunks would crack and fall off of the block if my nails cut it on accident.) 15 ounces is A LOT if you aren't used to it, or don't like it. But if you do, it shouldn't be an issue. The lite tofu that I bought only had 30 calories for every 3 ounces.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » October 25th, 2007, 11:48 am

Here is a link to TSFL's meatless options page....

http://www.makemethinner.com/pdf/ameatlessoptions.pdf

Maybe that will help you. If you haven't already you should try the Morning Star Farms Veggie Chicken and Veggie Steak Meal Starters. We are allowed almost a whole package of them and they are pretty good. The flavor is outstanding considering that it is fake meat. The texture is a little off from regular meat, but I love it over my salads.

Just a suggestion
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » October 25th, 2007, 11:55 am

The guide definitely has 15 oz as a lean serving. That is alot. Used to be 7 oz. Di sometimes makes it with eggplant (cut into strips and saute). Add some Thai or Indian curry and she likes it.

Check out the additional meatless options for more ideas:

http://www.makemethinner.com/pdf/ameatlessoptions.pdf

Enjoy. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Signladytf » October 25th, 2007, 4:30 pm

Mike! Just the person I was waiting to answer my post! :)

I carry my printout of the meatless options guide in my purse at all times. I also carry my Quick Start Guide and Product Guide with me so I never have to think about it. :)

I just wanted to double check that my computer printer didn't mis-print and forget a dot like 1.5 instead of 15 ozs!

Thanks!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine