tofu

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

tofu

Postby beautymay » July 12th, 2005, 2:29 pm

I will be starting my Medifast program tomorrow. I wanted to know if I could use tofu instead of chicken in my salad. Also, I welcome any advice or tips for a successful start. I am excited and afraid at the same time...not sure why...can anyone relate? I have been overweight all of my life (120lbs. overweight now), and NO ONE has EVER seen me thin because I never have been. I hope my best friend Lezlie, calls me beautymay, because she says I'm beautiful...perhaps one day I'll believe it myself. Thank you all in advance for your support as I begin my journey.
beautymay

Postby Terri » July 12th, 2005, 2:48 pm

Hi BeautyMay

Yes yes - there are lots of options

go to the search icon and type in tofu and you will get lots of advice
The best one I saw was July 2005 - Lean and Green Protocal - by Nancy Pettit

The Lean & Green Meal

7 ounces cooked weight of chicken, turkey, or fish OR
5 ounces cooked weight of lean beef, lean pork or lamb

(Vegetarians may substitute ½-1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese or 1 cup low-fat cheese, ¼ block firm tofu or one 2” x 1” piece of soft tofu, 2 eggs (limit egg servings to 3 times a week), ½ cup egg substitute, one Boca Burger® or one Morningstar Burger®.)

Soooooo excited for you - You will feel so much better and enjoy life more!!
There are sooooooo many supportive people here for you!!!!!!

Terri
Wow this is such a great program
- David and Terri Miller

Terri
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby martha » July 12th, 2005, 6:03 pm

BEAUTYMAY--

Welcome to our forum.. So glad to have you with us.. you will love MF and this forum.. the people are the most caring people I have ever had the pleasure to chat with.. Nancy and UNCA are great also and will never steer you wrong..Good luck and I look forward to seeing less of you each week :mrgreen: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Boing-Boing Rubbery Tofu

Postby Nancy » July 12th, 2005, 11:05 pm

Hidy Ho, BeautyMay ~

Welcome! Yup, tofu makes meal time tasty. And interesting.

One time I stir-fried some tofu and made a real interesting boingy dish...I sprayed a pan with Pam, stir-fried a couple of cloves of garlic, fresh ginger and some green onions. I pushed them to the side, added some lite soy sauce, a snort of sesame oil and stir-fried some green beans.

I arranged it in a shallow Japanese bowl (my husband and his brother (Unca) lived in Japan when they were kids and I have a few bowls from their kidhood) and then stir-fried some tofu in the pan with the crispy garlic left-overs...well I must admit I over-cooked the tofu a bit - o.k. A LOT...

It was so rubbery - it made my Lean and Green Meal last a long, long time. I finally had to just make a tofu dumpster deposit...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby dlr2424 » July 13th, 2005, 6:20 am

BeautyMay...... :wavie: .......WELCOME...... :D .....so glad you are joining us............and yes I can relate to being excited and afraid at the same time...... :hmmm: ....change can bring about some fear.........however, 5 months into this weight loss plan, I have to say ......... :no: .........there is nothing to fear........ :mrgreen: ........unless of course your afraid to rid yourself of excess flabbage................all kidding aside..........if you follow the plan............success will follow you........ :yay: ......this can be your time to be healthy and at an appropriate weight...... :yes: .....come here as often as possible and read as much as you can...............the rewards will be great..........this plan is a lifestyle change for many..............but a lifestyle that is so worth it...... :yes: ........make this YOUR TIME..... :you: ......YOU DESERVE IT
...........my prayers are with you for much success on this journey..... :angel: ......

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

TOFU

Postby Bonnie » July 13th, 2005, 8:57 pm

BeautyMay, your friend calls you that because she can see the beauty on the inside of you. Won't it be fun in a very short time to see you glow on the outside.

I still can hardly believe the difference it has made in me just hearing people say "Bonnie you look so good"!!!

That is what they will say to you when your weight starts falling off.

Nancy always says "Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels". She is right.
We are with you on this journey.... :cleader:
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Studio