Hot Cocoa Confusion???

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hot Cocoa Confusion???

Postby Lisa Renee » November 2nd, 2005, 10:34 pm

I just read under the specials for November that Hot Cocoa is on sale. That's totally awesome, considering I have been using this as an alternative to shakes because I was told by my endo to cut down on soy. Well the problem is that in the description that Medifast wrote for the special it says "There’s nothing more satisfying on a cold day than a nice, warm mug of Hot Cocoa. With only 110 calories and 14 grams of protein, our rich Hot Cocoa can be enjoyed up to twice daily as an alternative to a Medifast shake."

TWICE DAILY? We are only suppose to have it two times a day max??? HUH??? Uh oh, I bought a whole case and have been having it in my shaker jar cold in place of chocolate shakes. I have been slamming these up to 4 times a day! I haven't had much luck getting through to the nutritionist at TSFL, so does anyone else around here know if this is correct?

THANKS!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 2nd, 2005, 10:43 pm

Hi Lisa,
My "guess" is that the Hot Cocoa "may" not be quite as fortified as other products. I'll get ahold of those in the know and get back to you ASAP.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Lisa Renee » November 2nd, 2005, 10:54 pm

Thanks Unca, part of me was wondering if they meant that in place of the three shakes, although they don't require people to do the three shakes anymore...hmmmm. I heard that one lady lost a lot of weight eating just pudding, other than having the soy in it, the ingredients are pretty much identical. The product catalog says that it is considered a "meal replacement". The sale is for hot cocoa with Marshmallows. Could it be that the regular cocoa is different? That is what I have been drinking.

~R
Lisa Renee

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2005, 1:23 pm

Hi, LisaRenee~

There is NO problem with having more than two servings of Hot Cocoa per day. You are right, the old protocol called for a minimum of three Medifast cold shakes per day. Now that the study has been completed, there is no nutritional rationale to require people to consume the three cold shakes per day.

Some people want to eat the recommended 25 grams of soy protein per day for their heart health and to get it in, they need three shakes.

The Hot Cocoa with and without marshmallows is the same formulation. I am trying to get a definitive answer regarding the Hot Cocoa as we were told some time ago that Medifast would no longer manufacture the Hot Cocoa with 'mellers!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » November 3rd, 2005, 1:26 pm

Thanks Nancy! I thought you were out of town or something. I emailed you but never heard back. I think you are a very busy girl these days. Thanks for responding to my post. Hugs :exercise:
Lisa Renee

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2005, 1:38 pm

LisaRenee ~

:shock: Huh? Weird-o-lah! I did not receive your email about the Hot Cocoa. Sorry. I do try to respond ASAP.

Was it sent to Nancy at MakeMeThinner dot com ?

We are super busy this week - we are moving into our new house and we put the MakeMeThinner cottage on the market for sale - trying to get everythig moved out, the cottage fixed up and I have a major pinched nerve in my back and tedonitis in my arm. Muscle relaxants wipe me out.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Lisa Renee » November 3rd, 2005, 3:53 pm

No it wasn't about the Hot Cocoa, I was just spamming you for conversation...lol..sorry!
Lisa Renee

Return to The Weight Room