Hot Cocoa

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Hot Cocoa

Postby Nancy » November 11th, 2003, 2:12 pm

Dear Vonni,

First, lemme say that I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner regarding your experience with the Hot Cocoa. :oops:

I was out of town for my surprise birthday gift - Terry took mois to San Diego the weekend of October 24 – 27th and I got ash imbedded in my eyes. It resulted in corneal abrasions (NOT a pretty situation! Owie!) and that made it impossible for me to read and write for several days. I was sequestered in the dark while my eyes healed. That got me behind in reading and writing posts. :snooze:

Then we were involved in a weekend conference in Portland, OR with the medical director for Medifast and Take Shape For Life, Dr. Wayne Andersen. Then there is regular life – I’m a wife, a mom, I work at the largest educational institution in the state of Oregon, I’m a pastor’s wife, etc…so, with all that aside, lemme tell ya about how I mix my soups and cocoa.

Fill the shaker jar or cup with cool water. Add the packet of Medifast to the water. For some reason, it is best to add the powder to the water rather than the water to the powder. Stir and mix until smooth, THEN do the nuking or the stove top heating.

Warm or hot water can cause the protein to cook too quickly and results in lumps. The soy is the finest commercial quality available on the market. It is water washed which means that all the nutritive value is retained in its processing, unlike some other processes that can render the products with fewer nutrition values.

The soy is also double-milled which means its texture is sortta like fine talcum or face powder. Simply put, it mixes more readily than products that are single-milled. When the cooking and shaking directions are followed, it should mix smoothly and you’ll not be faced with globs of soy – I tried soy shakes from the health food store before I started using Medifast and it was not a positive experience for mois. Imagine a 258 pound lady standing at her kitchen sink choking on a soyglob much like a cat with a hairball! Blech!

In a nutshell: Cool water, mix or shake until smooth and THEN gently heat to the desired temp and I think you’ll find it works out well! :guzzle: :wave:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Jeanette » November 12th, 2003, 6:59 am

This is helpful for me also! Thanks! :D

Jeanette :star:
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Warm Water

Postby Nancy » November 12th, 2003, 9:18 am

Hey, Jeanette ~

I just thought of something to tell ya - ya can mix any of the drinks with cool water until smooth and then gently heat them in the nuclear box. :bib:

I would not recommend heating the fruity drinks - blech! but the chocolate and vanilla are just fine.

You can add a teaspoon or less of instant coffee to the Dtuch Choc and make your own hot Mocha. Vanilla is quite good with instant coffee added, too. Of course a dash of cinnamon makes everything better! :toast:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Jeanette » November 12th, 2003, 12:31 pm

They key word is GENTLY!! I have to remember that--I am known for over-cooking everything! :-P

Have you ever added a vanilla shake packet directly to a cup of coffee?

I am currently drinking an orange shake put in 8 oz of Crystal Light Lemonade--YUMM!

Jeanette :star:
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Cocoa

Postby Nancy » November 13th, 2003, 7:43 am

Jeanette,

Yup, the cocoa is GREAT mixed into coffee - just do not have the coffee very hot - it cooks the protein and it makes it lumpy. Mix w/ cooler liquids to begin with and then heat the coffee - it is very tasty that way.

Cocoa has a little more sugar, carbs and calories than the regular Medifast 55 shake packets (a snort less sodium) so that's why we suggest that you have three 'cold' shakes a day rather than three hot cocoas a day. The differences are minimal. The regular Medifast 55s taste just as good heated as do the hot cocoa mixes.

Have a happy day, shake those shakes, LIttle Darlin' and you'll be a loser! xxxooo
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss