Jazzed up hot cocoa

Add your favorite recipes.

Jazzed up hot cocoa

Postby raederle » January 10th, 2005, 9:09 am

I'm sure everyone has experimented with the Da Vinci syrups, but I, for one, am always leery of trying new flavors because I just gotta wonder whether a sugar free syrup can *really* taste just like German chocolate cake...

Anyway, I wanted to pass on that I recently bought the gingerbread flavor, and it's awesome! I put a splash in my hot cocoa and it really makes me feel like I'm having a sinful treat. It reminds me of warm chocolatey spice bread. Yummmmay! :thumbup:

Has anyone else tried any of the more "exotic" syrup flavors?
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby TamiL » January 12th, 2005, 9:04 am

Raed-
The Divinchi Syrups are DIVINE!! I LOVE THEM...recently..I have been INTO this new pudding phase of my shakes...
I take a shake..add only about 1/4 cup of water to it in a bowl...stir it up till its thick like pudding...then add a packet of splenda and a splash of syrup or extract...and its like pudding!! I put it in the fridge a while to thicken it if I put too much water in there...and its marvelous!!

My favorite...if you like Choc.
1 choc. shake mixed with water (just enuf to get pudding consistancy)
1 splash of ORANGE extract
1 packet of splenda!! its awesome...tastes like one of those choc. orange sticks!!

or Strawberry shake... mixed the same...like pudding.
with Bannana syrup or extract...its awesome!!
Also...I tried to coco...forgot whos BRILLIANT Idea it was..but the Hot Coco mixed in a blender with about 5oz water and 3-4 cubes..with a splash of almond extract....AWESOME..it gets SO THICK!! very good!!

you gotta keep things interesting...try different things!! I love putting the Peanut butter flavored Divinchi syrup in my choc. shake cold in blender..its a GOOD PMS treat!! :)
happy shakin
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL

Postby raederle » January 12th, 2005, 10:02 pm

Mmmmmm--- all great ideas!!! I've had the PB in my chocolate shake, and it's awesome. I'm definitely trying your "pudding" idea-- nothin' says PMS lovin' like choco-PB puddin'!

:mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Return to Lean Cuisine