Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life

Postby Maisie » February 2nd, 2004, 2:46 pm

Hello to everyone. Today is my go date.

I find myself always feeling I have to explain my weight to every person I meet, thinking that somehow I am letting them in on the fact that the person I really am is not the person they see in this body. That somehow I went from 126 to 171 during and after my divorce due to my circumstances. Well, I've been divorced for two years now and my excuses just don't ring true anymore.

There are friends and family that haven't seen my for three years because I can't face them at this weight. My behaviours only result in further isolation and are ruining my ability to live life fully. I have to finally take a hard look at the person I no longer recognize in the mirror and realize it is up to me to fix it.

What on earth have calories got over travel, interests, family, friends, social life? I hope to garner strength in sharing my thoughts will all of you. And Nancy, thank you for your wonderful letters of the last two days.

Maisie

2/2/2004
171/125
Maisie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 2nd, 2004, 2:50 pm

Welcome Maisie!

Time to get back in the game! And if being on Medifast helps you get back in it....all the better!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby finalstraw » February 2nd, 2004, 2:50 pm

Welcome Maisie,

You will find friends here that are going through the same thing. Let us know how you are doing. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Thank you Jeannette and Final Straw

Postby Maisie » February 2nd, 2004, 2:55 pm

Nice to know someone was listening.
Maisie

I can Relate!!

Postby TamiL » February 2nd, 2004, 3:21 pm

Welcome Maisie!!
I am a newbee...havent officially started the program yet..IM STILL waiting for my shakes to arrive! :cry: Ive been waiting by the window for Fedex all day like a lost puppy dog! but no luck. anyhow..I know they are coming, and the day after they arrive will be my start. I am 32 years old, and recently divorced as well, reading your post ..I almost cried cuz I was like reading something I would have written! its been 3 years for me, and I have finally picked up the peices, unfortunatley, my body has not followed! It was as if I lost my pride, my self esteem, everything and I just let myself go. I once weighed 230 pounds, then got down to 135 pounds..I think I weighed that when I was born!! but for the first time in my life..I felt good about myself. I maintained that weight for years..mostly by working out and watching the sugar/carbs.
then one day..my whole world fell apart when my husband returned from Korea (he was in the army) and told me he no longer wanted to be married. I had to move back home to my parents..and start a whole new life. it has been the hardest thing, as you know, going through a divorce and asking myself why this all happened. I worked hard at getting a good job. I am now a firefighter, an EMT and very proud at all the hard work..however, I have let myself gain so much weight..and have spent the last year at 180 pounds) its so embarassing when I see my family members who saw me when I first returned home...I feel so ashamed and I physically am exhausted after our calls at work, due to the extra weight!! Its awful how food can cause such pain! I have seen myslef isolate so much more..I dont enjoy life as I should be. I am a single woman, who deserves to be happy after all I have gone through! I know once I get this weight off of me, that I will have the self esteem to do all the things I want to! to find a man, who is trustworthy and worth the risk taking!! I know each of us are REAL, confident people who are just trying to break free from the shells we are hidden in!! I know my life is blessed, now I just have to get myself back and enjoy all that life has to offer!
sorry this is so long!!
thanks for your post...its nice to be able to relate to others and know that we are not alone in this battle!! we are all winners..we will get to our goals and soar!! :-P :D
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 2nd, 2004, 3:45 pm

TamiL,

It sounds like you are siked and ready. Keep us posted. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Re: I can Relate!!

Postby HD » February 2nd, 2004, 4:02 pm

TamiL wrote: know that we are not alone in this battle!! we are all winners..we will get to our goals and soar!! :-P :D

Let us know when the fed-ex arrives, I remember the moment well :lol:
Welcome TamiL
another newie Yahoo! I just started 01/24/2004 and loving it :lol:
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby HD » February 2nd, 2004, 4:07 pm

Maisie,
Welcome to the Happy Zone. I'm a newbie to and look forward to the progress you will have. Scroll through the posts when your feeling....empty and find lots and lots of support. Check out the post on "resolve" that Mike wrote, it's great!
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Marci » February 2nd, 2004, 7:46 pm

Welcome Maisie :wave:

You are gonna love this place. Everyone is so good give support when you need it.

Take care and keep us posted
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci

Postby Maisie » February 3rd, 2004, 10:23 am

Marci,

Thanks for the lovely hello and words of reassurance. Nephew Ky is a cutie-pie.
Maisie

Postby Marci » February 3rd, 2004, 1:40 pm

Yes, he sure is! I love him, I love him, I love him :heart:

He is in Wyoming and I don't get to see him alot but I always get lots of time with him when I go home. He even likes me with or without bribes. Auntie Marci is the coolest!! :hug:

Hope that your day is going well. I almost forgot my 2nd shake today, it's crazy busy at work but I got it before 4 hours passed. Whew!!
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci

Return to Come on in.