Today is Day 1...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Today is Day 1...

Postby Hippiechic » September 26th, 2005, 7:21 am

Hello everyone...

I ordered my medifast stuff online and it just came over the weekend. Time to get started.

I stepped on the scales last week and burst into tears, I am at my highest weight ever (I'm 5'5 and weigh 245 pounds, after yo yoing up and down between 170 - 235 pounds for the past 10 years of my life). I'm 32 and it's time for this to stop!!!

I would love to connect with some other folks who are just getting started, maybe we can help each other out along this journey. I'm discouraged at how heavy I am but I'm also kind of glad, I guess I've hit rock bottom and I know that I have no choice but to get it together now.
Hippiechic

Postby lauradr » September 26th, 2005, 7:42 am

Hi,
I started one week ago and I love it I lost 9lb in the first week and you can do it you get alot of support on the board it helps alot so good luck
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » September 26th, 2005, 9:57 am

Hi HippieChic,
:wave:
Welcome to the forum. Come here often for support and info, and you'll reach your goal.

Hit the register button and become a member here (it's totally free), and i'll be able to add you to the goal clubs.
(soon....:))

Keep us posted....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Hiya

Postby Toxsiq » September 26th, 2005, 1:28 pm

What's up Hippiechic :D

I started last Tuesday so I'm super new. What program are you starting with? Have you ever done MF or anything like it before?

I'm surprised at how well this works even when you don't follow the program exactly. Like for instance, I have followed the program to the letter only one day, my first, and it drained me so mch that I went hom and passed out around 8:30pm and didn't wake up until 1:30pm the next afternoon! So I knew I wasn't going to benefit from dropping carbs & cals so low to begin with. So every day since then I eat a piece of bread or have croutons on salad or whatever, just little things that aren't really "allowed". My point is that this still works if you adjust it to fit your body. So maybe you'll have no trouble with it at all, but if you need to adjust don't get discouraged. :) I started on Tuesday 9/20 and I weighed in on Sunday morning so I could be a part of roll call and I'd already lost 8.5 lbs.
So for having been Medifasting for 5 full days I was geeked about the results.

So, how hippie are you? Hemp jewlery, patcholi oil, flowing skirt, flower child hippie or deadhead -phish kid, noodle dancin, it's-all-about-the-music- and-mindfulness hippie?? :D

xoxox Toxsiq :)
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Thanks!

Postby Hippiechic » September 26th, 2005, 2:04 pm

Okay, I registered!

Day 1 has been tough but I'm hanging in there.

How big of a Hippie am I? Well... I've got the super-long hair, I'm a little earthy and love animals (I volunteer with a local animal shelter)... have tried to multiple times to be a vegetarian but just can't cut it. Found myself getting weak and run down every time and in spite of hating the fact that I have to eat animals to survive, I think it is natural for necessary for most of us (life feeds life, we need protein to live!) I love nature and prefer natural remedies to pill popping any day. I love music - live music mostly - and my folks tell me I was born 20 years too late, should have been running around naked at Woodstock with flowers in my hair. Hee hee. Let me drop about a hundred pounds and I might just try the running around naked part.
Hippiechic
First Post

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 26th, 2005, 6:55 pm

Welcome Hippiechic!

I was a flower child in the 60's with a sister 10 years older, so I thought I was a hippie, but I was really a "hippie wannabee".

Anyway, I started MF September 9th, and I have lost 19 lbs. in 2 weeks! I am on program 150%. I don't want to cheat myself! I have tried EVERYTHING except surgery, and I don't think I would qualify because of crohn's disease.

This is the place to be! The support here is FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work! The first 3 days are the hardest! Once you get into ketosis, the bad hunger goes away, and you get a little hunger pang when it is time to MF again! I was stretching my products out every 4 hours and I found that every 3 hours works better. I am on the complete program. I have a TON to lose, but I'm trying to focus on 10 lbs. at a time.
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » September 27th, 2005, 7:54 pm

WELCOME HIPPIECHIC---

So glad to have you with us.. You will do fine on this program..the first 3 days are the hardest and after that it's pretty easy..I am not a newbie but just wanted to say hi..I am here for you anytime you need to chat though.Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

I'm a "newbie" too.....

Postby Elimatal » October 3rd, 2005, 7:41 am

Good luck to you on your Medifast Journey! I just started the program on October 1st, and am excited and scared all at the same time! I'll be happy to help you with motivation, ideas, whatever you may need, as I may need the same! :D
Elimatal

A few extra carbs

Postby Jan » October 3rd, 2005, 9:44 am

Ohhhhh,
Good thing Nancy is sooooo busy right now or we would have all heard about the folly of "messing with medifast" :mrgreen: Don't do it!! Cheating is never a good idea. What we want is consistant weight loss. Remember you may be able to "get away with something" once in a while but it will catch up with you :x Most everyone is affected by their first day on program -- that's why we warn you and talk about headaches et.. They go away. I'm afraid if you add extra carbs you are getting the balance off. Remember this is a medical program that has been scientifically designed, and tested repeatedly. It is not just about calories it is about balance!! It is designed to help you part with the pounds in the quickest and safest way possible. The balance is there for a reason. Please please, don't mess with it. Be very compliant.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Toxsiq » October 3rd, 2005, 2:46 pm

I stand enthusiastically CORRECTED. :D

I know I'll say inncorrect things in the future, believing in them fully at the time, but I'll learn my lesson....and I'm just as sure that Jan will make sure to point it out. :D

xoxox Toxsiq
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Postby mytime » October 3rd, 2005, 7:23 pm

Hippiechick - WELCOME. I started out very similar - 5'6 247 and horrified. Spent a part of my day today with my mom at Victoria's Secret buying bras there for the first time in my life - Let me let you in on Victoria's Secret it ain't her drawers - it's her MF. You are going to do GREAT !!!!! Keep Shakin and keep posting ! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby shkov » October 4th, 2005, 3:43 pm

My husband and I are also starting the MF journey. Just a soon as the food arrives. I am 36 yrs old and long the be the size I was 10 yrs ago. :lol: Im 6 foot tall and can carry my current weight of 175 however, I just want in little clothes sizes again..

I know support like you guys, we can all do this together !
shkov

Return to Come on in.