New Today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New Today

Postby MISSCATT » May 31st, 2005, 1:09 pm

Ok, so today I started my first day on Medifast and I am determined to do this people!!! :mrgreen: I gained 85 lbs :x with my son when I was prego and he is now going to be 2 next week! No more excuses. I have about 35 lbs to lose and I am ready. My husband is so tired of hearing that I am going on a diet that I gave him my WORD that this time I am really going to do it. He is very supportive but will probably have to see it to believe it at this point since he has heard it about 20 times in the last 2 years!!!

So I have a few questions.

So far today I have had 2 Shakes (yummy chocolate). 1 for breakfast, a medifast bar for snack, 1 shake for lunch. Then about 3 hrs later I had a small salad with grilled chicken and light dressing. Does that mean I cannot have any more food for the rest of the day??? I have the soups and was planning on having one of them for dinner. Did I ruin it by having the salad? I couldn't help it! I was STARVING! I know it's only Day 1 but I need a little light shed on my confusion. So, if I am doing the 5 in 1 plan, I should have 5 shakes and 1 lean and green meal, that's it. Right??? Nothing else? What snack options do I have if I get hungry? :?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I am doing this right! :)
MISSCATT

Postby want2Bthin » May 31st, 2005, 1:15 pm

MissCatt-

Welcome! I am on the 5 and 1 too. You need to have 5 supps a day and which ones you use are up to you. You can only have one bar a day. Then you also need to have your lean and green meal which is your meat and your veggie. Here is what my day looks like:

7am shake
10am shake
1 pm oatmeal
4 pm lean and green
7 pm oatmeal
10 pm shake

I eat every 3 hours on most days. You should not go over 4 hours without eating. So as you can see you get to eat all the time on this program. I hope this helps. Good luck.
Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 31st, 2005, 2:22 pm

Hi Miss Catt, :byebye:
The way I'm reading what you had so far is 3 supplements and your lean/green meal - so you can still have 2 more supplements today. :yay: I would have one of the soups :eat: for dinner and then before bed (or when you get hungry) have another shake. :guzzle:

Make sure you're drinking lots & lots of water (at least 64 oz). :water: The first couple of days, you might feel hungry, but that will go away and you'll have to try & "remember" to eat!! It's true....

As for snacks, you can have sugar free jello, celery, and Medifast has a "Fast" soup that counts as a freebie and some crackers they sell that you can have up to 2 packs a day. They're pretty good with the soups. Also, if you're just starving...I've read that it's ok to add another shake or something...but like I said, that hunger feeling will probably go away soon.

Good luck & don't give up!! The first 3 days are a little hard....I felt really tired and had headaches - but all that went away.

Oh yeah and on the Medifast - you can have any 5 supplements you want - but just one bar a day. Did you get a Quick Start guide? It has lots of good info in it....worth the read! ;)
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby victoria7 » May 31st, 2005, 2:43 pm

Hey there, Misscatt!

I'm so glad you wrote this---I was just logging in to figure out my schedule for the rest of the day and your question & the resulting advice was right there! Yay!!!

I started this morning, too. :-) We're in this together!!!

6am - oatmeal
9am - shake
12 - chicken rice soup
3pm - shake
6pm - lean & green
9pm - shake (and hopefully BED! it's been a long day due to a long day of work scheduled!)

I'm hungry, too... It's 2:41 pm where I am, so I'm half done with the day! From what I understand, these first 3 days are the hardest... We'll get through!!!
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Thank you!

Postby MISSCATT » May 31st, 2005, 2:49 pm

Thank you, you guys are GREAT! I appreciate the SUPER fast response. I am sitting here drinking my 3rd shake of the day (plus the MF bar so I have one left!).....I will have my soup for dinner! Woo hoo! I made it past my first day. WE CAN DO IT!!!! 8)

Victoria - Glad to hear that you started today too! We're definitely in this together! You can count on that! Keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same! It's always nice to have "buddies" when doing something like this. :lol:

Thanks again to all of you for responding, I especially thank you for the positive words and for responding quickly when I needed it!!! Keep it coming!!!! ;)
MISSCATT

Postby 24KaratGold » May 31st, 2005, 4:57 pm

I don't have a lot of time to type a long answer, but go read what has been posted here: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37

Short answer is that you can also have celery, two dill pickles, some bouillon, and as noted above, if you are starvin', go ahead and have another shake. Sometimes that's what gets ya through the first three days.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Come on in.