TODAY IS #1

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

TODAY IS #1

Postby AMANDA » May 14th, 2004, 6:36 am

HI GUYS,
I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME POSTING SO MUCH BECAUSE I'M GOING TO BE DOING ALOT OF IT. SO MY MF CAME IN THE MAIL LAST NIGHT, AND I CONTEMPLATED IF I SHOULD START TODAY OR MON, AND I THOUGHT WELL I COULD HAVE A FEW MORE DAYS OF HAPINESSS(EATING) THEN DO MF ON MON OR START FRIDAY (TODAY). THEN I REALIZED EATING JUNK FOR 3 MORE DAYS ISN'T HAPINESS, IT'S ACTUALLY DELAYING MY HAPINESS. IT'S SO HARD TO MAKE YOURSELF THINK DIFFERENTLY WHEN FOOD HAS BEEN YOUR CURE-ALL FOR SO LONG. I DECIDED TO START THINKING DIFFERENTLY AND I STARTED TODAY. sO I HAD MY FIRST SHAKE (CHOCOLATE) AND IT TASTED GOOD. I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE IS WHEN I BURP I GET A WIERD AFTERTASTE. I'M HOPING THATS NOT MF RELATED THOUGH. SO I MAY NEED SOME SUPPORT THESE NEXT 3 DAYS JUST UNTIL I AM COMFORTABLE WITH JUST HAVING MF, BUT I KNOW WTH YOU GUYS HERE I CAN DO IT. WOULDN'T YOU KNOW SOMEONE BROUGHT DOUGHNUTS INTO WORK TODAY TOO, BUT I AM GOING TO BE STRONG AND GET THRU THIS, THANKS FOR LISTENING, I NEED TO START DRINKING MY WATER- HERE GOES MY FIRST DAY OF MY NEW MF LIFE.

PEACE AND LOVE,
AMANDA
AMANDA

Postby Carrie » May 14th, 2004, 6:43 am

You go girl. You're making all the right decisions. Hang tough, the first few are difficult, but you can do it.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Marseilles » May 14th, 2004, 7:08 am

welcome aboard Amanda..

You have just embarked on the most emportant journey of your life. You will LOVE the results you see with your determination to stick to it!!

Donut, Schmonut!!

-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby cdixon » May 14th, 2004, 7:14 am

Congratulations on starting sooner than later.

I just started too (this is my day five). I am also hoping to make some lifelong friends who are Losers! :lol:

I forget whose post that I read previously but they had suggested that a packet of Splenda helps with the aftertaste -- I tried it and it does! The people on this board know what they are talking about and I am so thankfull. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I found this board by accident. I ordered my kit off of the TV Commercial (I will now order it through this web site). Then I was surfing on the net trying to find out more about Medifast and came across this board. I can tell you this -- if it wasn't for this board I would have quit after day 2 and I would have quit last night -- but I did not (thought about it really hard). I just kept thinking of Mike and Jeanette and Nancy and everyone else's posts about the weight they have lost and the troubles they are going through and had to go through and I realized that I am not alone and neither are you.

You can do it!
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
250/240/Goal#1 is 200 and after I get there...
cdixon
Regular Member - #10 Club

good luck

Postby saira » May 14th, 2004, 7:24 am

hey amanda

u did the right thing by starting medifast today....think of it this way...u are now 3 days closer to your goal then you would have been if you hadnt started...

i'm just beginning...its DAY 3 for me....so lets show everyone what we are made of.... ;)

WE CAN DO IT!!!

saira
You want some of this?
saira

I'M HUNGRY

Postby AMANDA » May 14th, 2004, 7:55 am

I'M HUNGRY GUYS - MY TUMMG IS GROWLING- BUT I KNOW AT 11AM I GET MY OATMEAL- I HOPE ITS GOOD ONLY 1 HOUR UNTIL THEN, AND ALSO I'M MAKING MYSELF FINISH MY BOTTLE OF WATER BEFORE I GET MY SHAKE/OATMEAL, THAT WAY I KNOW I'LL GET MY H20 IN. I'M MORE WORRIED ABOUT SITTING AROUND THE HOUSE THIS WEEKEND, AND IT'S RAINING OUT SO I CAN'T GO WALK OR PLAY FRISBEE, GOT ANY IDEAS WHAT I SHOULD DO TO KEEP MY MIND OFF FOOD TONITE AND THIS WEEKEND?
AMANDA

Postby cdixon » May 14th, 2004, 7:59 am

It's raining in Memphis too.

I would like some suggestions as well as this will be my first weekend too.

I want to go to the movies but I don't know if I can handle the Popcorn smell. At least they sell diet cokes and bottled water.
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
cdixon

Postby AMANDA » May 14th, 2004, 8:10 am

HI CHRISTINA, IT'S GOOD TO KNOW YOU'RE IN THE SAME BOAT I AM RIGHT NOW,---> JUST STARTED, 1ST WEEKEND WITH MF, AND I WEIGH THE SAME AS YOU TOO SO OUR GOALS OUR REALLY CLOSE. I'M PROBABLY GOING TO NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO SO IF IT'S OK WITH YOU I'D LIKE TO EXCHANGE E-MAIL ADDRESSES OR SOMETHING. ALSO TO ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE (SAIRA) OR ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO TALK TO IN THEIR 1ST WEEK, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL BE GLAD TO GIVE YOU MY E-MAIL. IT WILL HELP ME ALOT TO BE ABLE TO TALK/VENT TO SOMEONE.
:oops: :oops:
AMANDA

Postby cdixon » May 14th, 2004, 8:16 am

If you register in the forum I think you can send private messages and stuff. I am not sure.

I am going to change my profile now so that my aol email address is available.

I also have AIM if you ever want to chat.
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
cdixon

Postby AMANDA » May 14th, 2004, 8:24 am

i will register after work when i get home, so we can exchange e-mails and i would like to chat, do you have to have aol to use aim?

as far as things for us to do i've been thinking and everything has some sort of food associated i thought movies-popcorn, bowling-barfood,going to mall-foodcourt, but then again shopping might be good, but i don't want to but clothes now because soon they won't fit me, they'll be too big. We could always read a book, paint, i make jewlery and blow glass so i'm planning on alot of bead shopping and jewlery design this weekend. any other ideas i'm open to them...
AMANDA

Postby Carrie » May 14th, 2004, 9:05 am

For my first weekend I rented a stack of movies and sat in front of the TV the whole time. That way I wasn't watching TV (food commercials). I had cleaned out my house, so there wasn't any junk available. And if I felt sleepy I took naps (hard to eat while you're sleeping). I also called my long distance friends and had LONG catching up conversations. It worked for me, I was scared to go out in public and be assualted by food stuff.

Hope that gives you a couple ideas.
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby cdixon » May 14th, 2004, 9:12 am

I don't think you have to have aol in order to use AIM you just have to download the program and create a screen name.

I have always wanted to learn how to make jewelry and stuff. Can't wait to talk with you. I might not be available to chat until Saturday but I can make time then.

A little about myself --
I will be 35 June 4th.
I am married and have three kids - Ages 16(Amber), 9(Sergio),
& 3(Elena).
My husband is Mexican (and from directly from Mexico) so you know what kind of food is in our house... and how I got the rest of the way I am.

I weighed 220 when I married 10 years ago. I have always been overweight since I was 10 years old (except for a short time when I was 15 I got down to a size 9) After my last was born I ballooned up to 277 pounds. Somehow I have managed to lose 27 pounds since last October but I have had no direction and no willpower to continue until now.

Hope we can be really good friends.

I look forward to hearing from Saira too.
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
cdixon

hi guys

Postby saira » May 14th, 2004, 10:13 am

hey guys..

great to hear that you guys wanna keep in touch and such....i think its great as well...sometimes you just need to take a load off...

well its day 3 for me...and so far its going ok....i do think it is better than day 1 and 2 (thank the lord!) so i am doing ok....

a little bit about myself....i am 24 years old..will be 25 in july...i'm a 4th year in medical school....currently weighing at 213 pounds which is the most i have ever made my entire life...but i was always the chubby kid...i was never "skinny". i got engaged 2 years ago and am getting married this november....i guess that is more of an incentive for me to lose weight....so in a nutshell thats me i guess...

what to do this weekend?? well i have board exams coming up in 3 weeks so i'll be sitting at the computer studying....but thats ruff cuz i was always so used to snacking while studying (hence 213 pounds!!!)....but i am hoping boullion and pickles will get me by.....

my AIM screen name is banoji and would love to chat with you guys anytime....

hmmm hope i didnt ramble... :-P

till we post again
saira
You want some of this?
saira

Postby Guest » May 14th, 2004, 10:59 am

m y initail post was accidentally posted again is there anyway to delete it? Or is there a moderator who can delete it?

Real quick about me I am 24 yrs old I live in Madison, WI. I gained over 70 lbs the last 2yrs because of a bad break up and laziness basically. I'm in a relationship of almost 2 yrs now and i got too comfortable and stopped excercising and kept eating wahtever/whenever i wanted. I am done with school, i have a networking degree from Herzing College. I work at AAA headquarters in the insurance dept. So I am sitting at a desk all day. what else i habe no kids but 2 kitties that i love very much. I have a jewlery/glass art businesss on the side, and someday i hope to teach glass blowing and own my own studio as a fulltime job. I'm going to post a pic of myself tonight so you all know who I am.

Manda

Return to Come on in.