Today

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Today

Postby mindovermatter » March 1st, 2005, 6:29 am

This was taken from a Hazelden publication, who does a lot of literature for AA and Alanon. When I'm having bad days, I try to focus on this concept.

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry,
Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is YESTERDAY
With its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said…Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is TOMORROW
With its possible adversaries, its burdens, its large and poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow’s sun will rise either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds – but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is as yet unborn.

This leaves only one day…TODAY
Any person can fight the battle of just one day. It is only when you and I add the Yesterday and Tomorrow that we break down. It is not the experience of Today that drives people mad – it is remorse or bitterness for something which happened Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring. Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time.

Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby raederle » March 1st, 2005, 6:54 am

Thanks, Beth, for that great reminder to take one day at a time. It's so easy (for me, anyway) to feel daunted at the thought of sticking to plan to goal, and then, to know that even then, the journey is just beginning. Weight loss/maintentance is a life-long project, but sometimes it's just too darn hard to think of it in those terms. But today, for one day, I can do it. I can do anything for one day!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cthrn007 » March 1st, 2005, 7:45 am

That's great Beth & you are right readerle I too can do ANYTHING for 1 day!

Thanks for the quote!

Shake it like ya mean it!
~C
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby horsey girl » March 1st, 2005, 9:16 am

And something else used by AA and Al Anon. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference, I just finished a week with zero weight loss for no apparent reason. I haven't cheated, not one gnats eyelash :?: Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 1st, 2005, 9:41 am

Horsey girl, my weeks 4 and 5 on Medifast each saw a loss of only one-half a pound, and I had been completely compliant. However, the following three weeks showed losses of 3.5, 4.0, and 3.5.

Sometimes the body just needs to get used to having lost some weight before it starts again. Sometimes we hit a number that our body has been at before and likes (I think that might be what happened to me; I stalled at a number that is around what my "usual" weight has been for the last 20 years, with a few ups and downs in that time), and we have to "push" through it. And some people just lose at different rates. Sylvia, for example (who is now at goal, after losing nearly 75 pounds) has posted elsewhere that she would have three weeks of small losses followed by 7-10 days of big ones. She lost all her weight in six and a half months.

It is the hardest to stay motivated when the scale doesn't move (especially when that happens two weeks in a row!), but it WILL move. There's no way that you can't lose weight if you stay with it, so don't give up now.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby horsey girl » March 1st, 2005, 10:08 am

Thanks, 24K. I think you may be right. This was week 5 and 4 was slower also. I am back to a weight that I had been at for some time so this makes sense. I just thought it might be longer before I hit a snag. Thanks! By the way I work with gold, 14K, !8K and it all starts out 24K, the purest. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 1st, 2005, 10:37 am

Horsey Girl,

I love your signature - Ad Astra per Aspera - "to the stars through difficulties."

How perfect! :)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss