Is this rash from the medifast shakes?

Questions/Comments about Women's Health Products.

Is this rash from the medifast shakes?

Postby brinkris » December 3rd, 2004, 9:06 pm

Hi.....I'm having a little problem, but I'm not sure if it's from the shakes or not. I have a rash all over my body....it kind of looks like a prickly heat rash...thank goodness it hasn't reached my face yet....it itches like crazy :x :x Has anyone else had this reaction to the products before? I just noticed it yesterday (on day 4). I'm just hoping it's something else, but I don't think it's a coincidence that I just got it while on MF. Someone, please let me know what you think :cry:
Krissie
brinkris

Postby RavenKat » December 5th, 2004, 6:08 am

It very well could be.

Here is what Success in a Shaker Jar says: (but always defer to Nancy on these subjects)

"Some people develop a mild skin rash on their chest, neck or face during the early weeks on Medifast. Most skin rashes seem to be related to the high-protein balance of the program, and they disappear within a week or two.

If a rash itches or feels uncomfortable, ask your doctor about taking an antihistimine such as Benadryl to control the symptoms. You can also apply a cortisone cream to the rash to speed healing.

In rare situations, a skin rash can indicate an allergy to something in the product. If your rash doesn't go away within a couple of weeks, check with your doctor for treatment options."

Hope this helps!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » December 17th, 2004, 12:48 pm

Kat - perfect reply to Krissie.

How are you doing with your itchy-ti-tis, Krissie? I haven't had very many clients suffer with it but those that do take Benadryl (which may make you drowsy initially) and after a few days, it goes away. Be sure to drink plenty of extra water with Benadryl. I have chronic hives and take Prednisone and high doses of Allegra daily so I can certainly feel your pain , err..your itch. I understand the skankiness of itching...

Have Bri scratch your back!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

I HAVE THE SAME RASH!

Postby from Amelie » July 30th, 2005, 8:54 pm

I have rashes in at the edge of my armpits, and where my thighs rub. They are dark rashes. They don't itch, but they are as you described, like prickly heat. The rash looks raised. It's most annoying, and I am waiting for it to go away! Does anyone have any advice?
from Amelie

Postby Nancy » July 30th, 2005, 10:05 pm

:shock: A rash????

How :x annoying!

Usually the Medifast rash is on a person's face and neck or torso.

Yours could be :twisted: heat rash or a little bit of fungus.

I'm not a doc but the places you describe are like where mushrooms grow - dark and moist.

Often this time of the year people get heat rash in those areas, too.

Cool compresses and some aloe vera gel or a tepid bath with a little Neosporin® can be soothing.

Benadryl is for itches.

:hug: Sorry that you are miserable, Little Darlin'.

You could check with your own advice nurse, doctor or call the TSFL nurse.

Nurse Betty's Number is (877) 270-5704

Her work schedule is Mon, Wed and Thurs 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Women's Health