SKIN RASH?????

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

SKIN RASH?????

Postby marge » May 8th, 2004, 6:01 pm

Hi All....I have been trying to ignore a rash that has broken out on my face, my forehead over the last 2 days, very itchy :x ...I have been on the full fast 4 weeks come monday and I am wondering if there is something in the products that is now showing its ugly face????

Has anyone broken out in a rash before.....I have not used any different face creams or shampoo, etc. I hope this get better but I am beginning to itch a wee bit on my back :oops: :oops: :oops:

any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated at this time.

thanks so much

marge

200/187/150
marge
Preferred member

Postby Landylue » May 9th, 2004, 6:25 am

Marge, I did a word search for you and came across this info:

Skin rashes?

Some people develop a mild skin rash on their chest, neck or face during the early weeks on Medifast. Most skin rashes seem to be related to the high-protein balance of the program, and they disappear within a week or two. If a rash itches or feels uncomfortable, ask your doctor about taking an antihistamine such as Benadryl® to control the symptoms. You can also apply a cortisone cream to the rash to speed healing.

You could also call one of the health advisors at 1-800-621-1927.

Hope this helps.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby marge » May 9th, 2004, 6:37 am

Hi Landylue:

Thanks for looking for me...I also did a search on the Medifast web site and found the info as well. I did take the benedryl last night and used the cortisone cream and they both helped a lot....It is much better today but I was really worried.. Still am because did not think that I could have any reaction to these products :O) but so far so good. I think the itch and rash are under control for now.....

I think it is very helpful to everyone to post all reactions to the products good and bad :lol: :lol:

Landylue thanks so very much...you are a sweetee and if the itch and rash gets any worse and right now I dont think it will I will call the HotLine.

Have a wonderful day

big hug

marge

200/187/150

I may not weigh until wednesday because of eating out today :oops:
marge
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » May 10th, 2004, 6:44 am

I have been on the full fast 4 weeks come Monday

I may not weigh until wednesday because of eating out today

WHOA…….

First, Marge, not making light of your rash, but I never experienced any rashes.

Now, I see your post, and then I read your reply, and a small comment at the bottom: Not weighing till Wed, because WHAT? You’re eating out today? Huh? First sentence, you “full fast 4 weeks” then “eating out”

Do I even want to know?
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby marge » May 10th, 2004, 8:00 am

Mike you are funny :lol: :lol:
You make me laugh and laughing is good for the soul :lol: :lol:

Rash is under control..just had to take one dose benedryl and the rash is just a wee bit on my face....

Yes I did eat out yesterday for mothers day..really hard to refuse my son who will not see me for 3 months...I am off to Ireland, my homeland on May 20 for 3 months :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was very good as far as the eating and the meal was at noon yesterday so I had shakes for the remainder of the day.

Today I am right back on track......by the way even though the food was fab I really did not enjoy it..isn't that weird

I know I will not be on the full fast in Ireland because there are too many temptations so I will take some supplements with me but try and eat wisely..

I may not even weigh until next week..I am not attached to the scale more interested in how my clothes are fitting and I had to buy new ones for my trip....

I do work out with a personal trainer twice a week just for weight training and on alternate days I walk 4mph on a treadmill for 30 minutes......

thanks again Mike for making me laugh on this monday morning.

hugs

marge

200/187/150
marge
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » May 10th, 2004, 5:38 pm

Dear Marge ~

Yuck! Itches sound so awful. I have chronic hives so I KNOW how it feels to be digging at a red skanky rash. Benadryl is my best friend!

Let us know how it goes - I am puzzled because like you, it seems odd since you've been on Medifast for a month now for an allergic reaction to the soy. Check with the hotline for sure if there are any increases in the rash!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby marge » May 10th, 2004, 5:59 pm

Hi Nancy: Hope you had a wonderful weekend :O)

Good news is the rash and itching only lasted 36 hours and I only had to take the benedryl only one time...I have no idea why it would appear after a month but I am just happy, very happy that it is short lived because I thought "hey I finally found a program that works for me and now I am alllergic to it" but TG I can continue.

hugs

marge
marge
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » May 10th, 2004, 10:17 pm

Marge ~

Oh, :D Happy Day! The :x Itchy-titus is at bay! :D

Thanks for checking in, Kiddo!

P.S. Yepper, Terry and I had a blast at the beach! We walked on the beach, went to garage sales, a consignment shop (I got a cool brand-new leopard print dress - black leopardy stripes and spots on a deep red background for $17) PLUS we found pounds of beautiful agates!

Good news - because of Medifast, we were able to walk the beach, bend over for hours, climb the stairs from the beach to the condo with no huffing and puffing. :)

I think I DID over-do it a bit as I needed to use the heating pad to warm up from wading in the cold waters of the Pacific Ocean. My hip was tweaking a bit and then Terry reminded me to slurp a few extra Medifast Plus Joint Health shakes to make my joints happier. I'm good now!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

I was wondering the same thing.

Postby gryffwitch37 » April 17th, 2006, 6:42 pm

I started itching too on my face and neck. I see now that it has to be from the protein. Will start to use the benedryl and cortizone until I get used to it. Thanks so much...I didn't know what was causing it.

Michelle :dunno: :brickwall:

gryffwitch37
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby lise » April 17th, 2006, 6:58 pm

try washing your face with glyceryn soap in the morning (then add a moistenzer) and at night, wash again, but put Desistin on your face. Trust me your face will clear up!

Mine are all gone! :)
lise
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » April 17th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Gryff ~

That itching can really drive ya :nana: bonkers. :secret: I know because I have chronic hives - not from the Medifast, I've had it long before I went on the program. I understand your pain! :redhead:

It will go away. Benedryl can make you :snooze: drowsy. It will also dry you up so drink extra water, you'll need it. :water:

Let me know how it goes in a few days, okie doke?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss