Icky Rash after Chicken Noodle Soup

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Icky Rash after Chicken Noodle Soup

Postby tink » June 10th, 2005, 8:19 am

I have tried to eat the Chicken Noodle Soup several times which I really like but I break out in hives every time! :shock: I have tried the other MF soups and they are doing to also! Dangit! :x Is there another soup that I can try that would fit in with my MF program. **Also, the soups are the only things I am breaking out from?!? Go figure!!! :hammerhead1:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby bk » June 10th, 2005, 8:41 am

that sucks! did you try the chicken & wild rice? i have two guesses. first, the soups have yeast in them (looking at ingredient differences from soups to shakes). second, the minestrone, chicken noodle, and chili have textured soy protein. the reason i asked about the wild rice is because there it has freeze dried chicken. did you also try the creamy soups?

are your hives DIRECTLY related to the soups? i have been getting red spots from sun exposure. could it be that you're eating the soups and doing something else at the same time?

i don't know if this will help, but i really do hope you can figure out a way to get those soups in!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby tink » June 10th, 2005, 8:49 am

bk - Yes I have tried the creamy soups and fast soups and they all do it unfortunately! I have delt with weird allergies my entire life and there is really no rhyme or reason to them. I made the different soups and would always eat them alone especially after the first one breaking me out. :oops: I typically do a process of elimination with foods to help me pinpoint but also since I am on the complete program it is pretty easy to pinpoint. Hopefully one of the HA or Nancy will pop on and give me some guideance because I really love soup! ;)
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 10th, 2005, 10:24 am

Hi Tink,
Sorry to hear about your reaction.
I'll post the nutrition guide here. Maybe you can isolate which ingredient may be causing you probs.

Medifast Ingredients and Nutrition Guide
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » June 10th, 2005, 10:44 am

Tink ~

Oh, my! I have chronic hives - it's called Urticaria so I know how skanky that can be - I've had them for over 4 years - mine is not related to Medifast but due to an autoimmune disorder.

bk and Unca have provided some tips for you; I really cannot add anything more other than to have you call our Take Shape for Life Nurse. I’ll send her phone number to you.

Sometimes identifying a known allergen takes some time – the best thing about Medifast is that every single ingredient is listed on the box – because it is a pharmaceutical grade food and manufactured in an FDA inspected facility, nothing can be left off the label, unlike most of the things you buy at the Health Food Store.

Some people do get a mild rash when they first begin using Medifast products and it seems to be related to the high concentration of nutrients. We have a lot of customers that use Medifast and there are very few that have gotten a rash. Of those that I know who had a rash, it cleared up after a few weeks once their body had adjusted to it. Some people have the dreaded diarrhea dash the first couple of weeks and it too goes away in time.

Hives can be very serious – sometimes it affects our breathing, for others it is merely an annoying circumstance. Benedryl is my Friend…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby martha » June 11th, 2005, 2:26 pm

Tink--- Sorry to hear about your hive experience with the soups.. My all time favorite is the chicken and wild rice.. hope you figure out what is wrong because the soups do help you get over the hump when looking for a different taste while on the complete program.. good luck---Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss