Help with Chicken Noodle Soup

Add your favorite recipes.

Help with Chicken Noodle Soup

Postby SPMUSTANG » April 19th, 2006, 6:36 am

Yesterday my kids were having chicken noodle soup, it smelled so yummy. So I made the MF chicken noodle soup. A couple of bites and I threw it out. I added a bit of chicken soup base and fresh pepper but thought it was just nasty. :cry: It kinda started to"jell up" on me as I tried to eat it. The flavor just seemed off to me too, and the chicken "curds" had a strange texture. Any suggestions?
SPMUSTANG
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby electra000 » April 19th, 2006, 8:02 am

Here is how I cook the Chicken Noodle soup, and I love it. I put one packet of Chicken Noodle Soup in a bowl that has a lid, then I add 1 & 3/4 cup of water, one low sodium chicken bouillon cube. I stir it up, cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for an hour or so to soften. When I am ready to eat it I put it in a pot on the stove, add a little black pepper and let it simmer. I cook the Chicken and Wild Rice the same way. Hope this helps ! ;)
electra000
Preferred member

Postby loriannk » April 19th, 2006, 8:28 am

I have my chicken noodle for every lunch and I just love it.

I use 8 1/2 oz of water & 1 chicken boulion cube.

Stir and microwave 2 min 45 sec, stir & let sit in the microwave for about 5 min. Then I stir and microwave another min. Stir and eat.

I just love it. I have never had mine jell up. Sometimes I add some Mrs Dash if I want a bit more bit to it.

Hope that helps

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 19th, 2006, 9:15 am

I make mine exactly as directed on the pkg regarding amount of water and microwave cooking time; however I do add 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice and fresh ground pepper and this is one of my favorites.

The crucial part of the cooking process is the 3-5 minutes it needs to sit after cooking. I put a plate on top of my bowl and let the soup steep for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SPMUSTANG » April 19th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Thanks everyone. I think I'll try to sitting it in the fridge for a while method. It smelled good so I want to try again. Thanks!
SPMUSTANG
Regular Member - #70 Club

my version

Postby Ginabobina1969 » April 20th, 2006, 3:21 pm

I love the chicken noodle and chicken and wild rice soups..

To my chicken noodle I add 6-8 oz water, I nuke it for about 1-2 min..stir, sprinkle with parsley, Mrs Dash and Garlic pepper..I douse it in garlic pepper actually. Mmmmm!

Personally,I think a lot of the supplements taste very "off" in the beginning of the program while your still "detoxing" from carbs and sugars...dont count the chicken noodle out if you can't stand it right now...give it a few weeks then try it again. You might find you loveee it! :-P

Happy Clucking!
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Allison Onederland » April 22nd, 2006, 6:45 am

I tried Nancy's suggestion and loved it. Mix the soup and water (I always use 1 1/2 cups water) add a dash of Italian seasoning, let it sit in the fridge for a while then cook it. I also add Mrs. Dash table blend and some chicken bouillon granules. Plus, I prefer cooking it slowly on the stove with a lid on it...the chicken really gets tender that way.
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine