Newbie and Rash on lips.. anyone else?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie and Rash on lips.. anyone else?

Postby MLA9500 » June 2nd, 2007, 6:44 pm

Hi Everyone... I'm new to this forum and soooo glad to be here! I'm on mf for a little over 2 weeks now.. 10 lbs down and can't seem to move from there but, i'm sure more losses will follow as i need to shed about 70 more!! , but my main concern now is... i'm trying to figure out why i have these massively chapped lips! I'm so afraid that i'm allergic or something... I don't want to stop the program. I go to the doctor this thursday to get weighed and i'll have to ask him.. but i'm so afraid... so my question is... how long do these chapped, bumpy, rash, inflamed lips last? any advice? Anyone have bumpy lips?? and my face broke out a bit.. but that seems to be subsiding a bit.... anyone else?
MLA9500
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby worldawind » June 4th, 2007, 9:49 am

I really think you and I are probably the only people who are having mouth problems even though mine sounds different then yours. I'm suffering from a dryness on the inside around my lips and the tip of my tongue has gotten involved. However, I went to the doctor and he hasn't found a reason for this. I've stayed off the MF for three weeks and I'm still having this problem so I'm going to assume its not the program. I've decided to go back today and see what happens.

It's good that you are going to the doctor. Maybe he can come up with something. Please let me know what he says because my doctor hasn't been very successful.
Started: Feb. 20, 2007
worldawind
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » June 4th, 2007, 10:32 am

I have heard from dry lips due to dehydration, but nothing like this. It may be something to do with the changes to your metabolism. It could also be some type of allergy to soy or something else.
Definitely check with your doctor, they can help the best.

:cry:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

mouth irritation

Postby MLA9500 » June 4th, 2007, 11:34 am

thank you so much for responding!! I would really be lost without this forum.... I will definitely ask the doctor, i'm just so afraid he will say I need to come off the program.. I did read somewhere about the "medifast rash" i'm wondering if this is a symptom of too much protein and my body just needs to get used to it? (because my lips, yes they are dry, but they also get itchy) sound logical? maybe? I know i have to ultimately wait for my doctor, but i'm just so nervous of having to come off the program that any rationale would help at this point....
MLA9500

Postby KellyC » June 5th, 2007, 8:59 pm

I had the same problem.. really bad chapped lips that just didn't want to go away.. I was drinking 100oz of water a day + the MF meals so I knew it couldn't be dehydration..

It did go away though, after about a week and a full tin of Burt's Bees. I also hooked up the humidifier in the bedroom, which seemed to help at night when it was the worst.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sojourner » June 5th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Oooh ~ I'm sorry that you're having such an issue, you wouldn't think that it'd be
possible with the amount of hydration you're getting, huh?
I don't have any advice or suggestions ~ I hope your doc can figure
it out and that it's not an allergic reaction to the soy or something.
Anyway, if it's not too painful, maybe I can bring a smile to those dry,
chapped smackers...
From Napoleon Dynamite:

~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby MLA9500 » June 6th, 2007, 1:23 pm

I've actually seen an improvement... still very dry but the itchiness has subsided a bit.. not completely, but a bit.. and some of the bumps seem to be going down... i did some research on the forum.. and some people had bad rashes all over and they used DESITIN on their face and it worked... so... i put desitin on my lips and it actually did help a bit... i go to the doctor tomorrow.. i'll let you know what he says..... pray i don't have to go off the program.. i'll live with dry lips!!! thanks so much for responding...!!
MLA9500

Postby worldawind » June 19th, 2007, 11:30 am

So how is it going? Are they all better?
Started: Feb. 20, 2007
worldawind

Return to Come on in.