Thinking about trying MediFast? Feeling hopeless?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Thinking about trying MediFast? Feeling hopeless?

Postby LongWay2go » October 6th, 2004, 6:14 am

I've been there. I feel your frustration and your pain. Be honest with yourself. You are out of control, otherwise you would not be here. I don't care if you've tried a hundred times to lose weight and failed every time. You CAN succeed if you want it bad enough.

I was struck with an amazing thought this morning. I was thinking about the fact that I'll be joining the 60# club here at MMT this week. Then it hit me. I've actually lost more than 100 pounds! I almost jumped off my deck, I was so excited!

If you are new or just looking around here, you may or may not have seen some of my early posts when I joined this support forum 8 weeks ago. Let me catch you up. At my highest weight, I was 523 pounds. I lost some, then gave up. I was stuck in a wheelchair and could barely walk from room to room in my house with a cane. Walking 30 feet was exhausting work!

Then last December 19 I fell on the ice while transferring from my car to the wheelchair. I was bedridden for almost 6 months. 3 months I couldn't walk. I very nearly died and to be honest, I prayed for death every day for months.

I started this program on August 6 this year. Here we are at October 6 and I've lost over 60 pounds! Not only do I not use my wheelchair any more, I've also retired my walking cane. I don't need help getting up from a chair any more. I can sit on my sofa again! I can go shopping. I can go ANYWHERE! I couldn't even leave the house for months and months.

So I'm getting a little off track. My point of this post was to tell you that even if you have a LOT of weight to lose and have failed 100 times, you CAN be successful. You can lose the weight. The only thing stopping you is YOU!

As much as people try to say things like "don't you want to be around to see your kids graduate" or "don't you want to be around to see your grandkids grow up", yes, that is a great motivator, but in the end, the only motivation that counts is what are you willing to do for YOU.

This is all about you. It's not about the pain your family will feel if you die early. It's not about the physical pain you have from being fat. It's not about anything but how you feel about yourself. Do you love yourself enough to have the resolve to lose the weight? You MUST do it for yourself. No one else! If you aren't doing it for yourself, you will fail!

There is no amount of weight that cannot be overcome. I started at 523 pounds. I have lost 111 pounds as of this morning. My life has completely changed. Yes, I still have a "long way 2 go". But I'm getting there and feeling stronger and more excited every day. THERE IS NO REASON YOU CAN'T DO THE SAME THING!!!

Stop thinking about it. Make up your mind and just DO IT. Plan ahead for events that might cause a setback. Carry your shakes with you when you leave the house. Stay away from parties and events that are food-centered. People will understand and if they don't, then to h**l with them! Don't let what someone else may think disuade you from bettering yourself. Don't let anyone discourage you. Any one who doesn't support you is "the enemy". Stay away from them! Do NOT let them undermine your resolve.

There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. If anybody knows that, I do! I was there. I was hopeless. I was praying for death. I wanted the pain to end. I gave up. Then I found MediFast and my dear friends here on this discussion group. They have changed my life, and they will change yours too. Just give "us" a chance! We'll give you hope and the resolve to change your life. You won't find better support any where. We love you all, and we care about you. Let us help you help yourself.

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 6th, 2004, 11:23 am

Yes Yes Yes! Medifast is a lifesaver. I had 70 pounds to lose. Like so many Americans, I had given up on healthy eating and had whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I steadily gained weight to the point I was afraid of getting adult diabetes, my knees were really starting to bother me, I never wanted to go anywhere because I had nothing that looked good on me, and I was miserable and ashamed for letting myself go.

I KNOW there are thousands of middle-aged women and men out there just like me. I knew my metabolism had changed from when I used to diet in my 20s and 30s, and that I had to do something drastic to lose weight at this age. I had no hope . I couldn't muster up the discipline and motivation I used to have to diet. I read anything I came across on by-pass surgery thinking that would be the ticket for me. The problem was I would have to gain weight to qualify for the surgery.

Going on the normally prescribed reduced calorie diet to lose 70 pounds would take me over a year! I KNEW I couldn't stay on a diet THAT LONG! I only felt dismal, thinking how could I let my weight get up like this - then I'd eat to feel better.

I had brief hope after ordering the product that Anna Nicole Smith recently lost weight with. However, once I got it, I took about 1/2 the pills, and still didn't see any results. Of course, I hadn't changed my diet at all - I thought it was a magic pill. It wasn't. More dismay, more eating...

Then one day I saw a tv commercial for MF. Hey, a soy-based liquid fast plan sounds healthy and fast. I googled Medifast, learned more about it, and ordered my shakes. Let me tell you folks, this plan is nothing BUT HEALTHY and FAST! In 4 months I have lost 54 pounds with only 16 more to go. People can't believe it when they see me. I love the shakes, adore the bars, relish the soups, and the oatmeal is yummy too.

If you're looking to lose weight fast and feel great in the process, use Medifast.

Camille
Last edited by hawaiiwhatnot on October 6th, 2004, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Anna » October 6th, 2004, 1:28 pm

Gerald,
Thank you for that post.

I got my MF order yesterday, but I haven't started yet. I think I'm scared. Scared of what to tell people and how to justify to them what I'm doing. But then I read, "People will understand and if they don't, then to h**l with them!" and that just hit me. That is so true! I don't need to justify myself to anyone else. I'm doing this for me, for my health and my self-esteem. I'm really apprehensive about starting. I'm afraid of the first few days that seem to be really hard, and I'm afraid that I'll be the one person who can't lose weight on MF. But I have to do this, because I don't want to live like I currently am for the rest of my life.

But starting just seems so scary--opening the box even seems scary. I'm at work right now, and don't have my shakes with me, but I WILL open that box when I get home tonight. I CAN do this! I WILL do this!

I've been reading so much in here these past few days, and I can see already how much this forum means to people here, and how much it will mean to me.

Thanks for your honesty, everyone. It really helps newbies like me.

--Anna
<><
Start: 10/6/04
240/230/140
Woohoo!
Anna
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby LongWay2go » October 6th, 2004, 1:54 pm

Hi Anna, and welcome! Yes, starting is the hardest part, absolutely! The first three days you may feel like you will starve to death, but that will do away. Honestly, it took me a couple of weeks before I quit feeling the hunger. If you eat food, that seems to stimulate your stomach and make you hungry. I've practically given up on dill pickles and celery because when I eat them, I get hungry. It's much easier (and less fuss) for ME to do the full fast, drinking shakes only.

Women particularly seem to have a problem with telling others about their diet. That's a common thread around here. My method is simple and direct. I tell everyone I know. I tell my barber, I tell my family, I tell my friends, I tell anyone who is spending 30 minutes or more around me that I'm on a diet and if they see me with food, TAKE IT AWAY. I didn't get to be 500+ pounds by having any will power and I can't do this alone. I need help from EVERYONE. Everyone can look at me and see I am fat, so why do I care if they know I'm on a diet? They should be happy for me, right? And like I said, if they aren't, well there's an alternative!

Yes, it will be hard to start and it is scarey at first. I was very nervous about starting myself. I lurked about this group for a month trying to decide whether to "go for it" or give up. I contacted Mike (Explorthis) and he helped me get started. Despite his (sometimes) tough approach, he's an angel and I owe my success to him. But like me, he cares enough to be tough when he has to be. That's Mike. All Angel, no B*S*.

It's important to post and to read others posts. You can learn so much from those who have been around for a while, and it will help you maintain your resolve.

I'd like to invite you to join in our weekly Sunday weigh-in. That's how most of us "active" members post our weekly results. You've taken the first big step, Anna. You have your product and you have us to support you. Raise your shaker jar high, give it a good shake and be proud of yourself. You'll do GREAT!

Be sure to read Nancy's newsletters too. She has a ton of very helpful information there about how to follow the plan properly. The most important thing is DRINK YOUR WATER. Every day. We're here if you need us!

~Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby RareBear » October 6th, 2004, 7:03 pm

Hi Gerald,
What a POWERFUL post!!! I've just rid myself of 53 lbs since 7/6, with another 30 to go & very much appreciate your words.
I look forward to our meeting someday!

RB :)
BTW I wrote in green so that everybody knows they have the go ahead!

<edit>color added - UT</edit>
RareBear

Postby RareBear » October 6th, 2004, 7:04 pm

Well...
At least I 'tried' to write in green :)[/i]
RareBear

Postby LongWay2go » October 7th, 2004, 12:45 am

RareBear - Thank you! With your great success and you haven't been bragging about it? WATSAMATTAU!!! ;)

You'll just have to join some of us next year for our MMT vacation getaway. I keep trying to organize one and there are a few who are interested. We just need to set up a date and a place and get the party going ON!

~Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby Lois » October 7th, 2004, 7:53 am

Hello, everyone!!!!!!

Gerald, what an EXCELLENT post....one for THE ELEVATOR, I think!

I agree with EVERYTHING that has been said here....MEDIFAST WORKS! .....And this forum provides SUCH GREAT SUPPORT. Of course other people don't understand..... they criticize, they question, they condemn, etc.....that's human nature! We tend to fear and reject what we don't understand. BUT.....WHO CARES????!!!! I'm not doing this for OTHER PEOPLE, I'm doing it FOR MYSELF!!!!!!!

Those folks didn't make me fat! Those folks don't live in my body!

And let me tell you, boys and girls, now that I'm getting close to my goal weight (more than 50 pounds down, with about 30 to go)....EVERYONE is sitting up, taking notice, and asking "HOW did you do it?????" Even some of the naysayers are comin' around!!!!!

The bottom line is....I FEEL WONDERFUL, and YOU CAN, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

love and hugs (EXTRA hugs for you, Gerald ;)!!!!!!!!!)

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room