Things that make you go "WHAT WAS I THINKING"

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Things that make you go "WHAT WAS I THINKING"

Postby Slimmin' » May 15th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Note to self....The MF plan doesn't work too well when you mix it up with nachos and martinis! Here we go again. Restart #9865 at least. But it's Thursday and I have been EXACTLY on track. Just had to get my brain straight I guess.

So question for this crew - I discovered hot yoga about a month ago and it has really supported me in wanting to take care of my body (MF, exercise, water, etc). However, since going back on plan on Monday I have really struggled in the yoga room. Any tips or is this just possibly a transition back into ketosis in addition to the 100 degree heat and 90 minutes of yoga? I've gotten mixed reviews on this level of exercise while actively on plan. Comments?
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » May 15th, 2008, 1:12 pm

You are not supposed to do that much exercise while on Medifast. In addition, even mild ketosis can be dehydrating, so exercising for that long in that kind of heat seems ill-advised.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » May 15th, 2008, 9:36 pm

In fact, on the TSFL Nurse Support call this past Monday the nutritionist for Medifast specifically said that 45 minutes is the maximum we should do (newly starting or not). So 90 minutes (if its intense at all) is too long.

Hope this helps. Check out the recorded call... 212-461-2692 :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Things that make you go "WHAT WAS I THINKING"

Postby Maisy » May 16th, 2008, 6:11 am

Slimmin' wrote:Note to self....The MF plan doesn't work too well when you mix it up with nachos and martinis! Here we go again. Restart #9865 at least. But it's Thursday and I have been EXACTLY on track. Just had to get my brain straight I guess.

So Comments?

Correct the Nacho's and Martinis are off plan :roflmao: BTW I laugh because I followed the same diet in Jamaica
Maisy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » May 16th, 2008, 6:41 am

Good to know gang. I'll listen to that recorded message.

Postby heres2me » May 16th, 2008, 2:38 pm

Too funny about the nachos and martinis. I've often wished that Chardonnay was a MF meal replacement. I know I'd get all of them in!

I am tyring to get on track. I'm still not sure why it is so hard. I think it's b/c I have realized that this needs to become a way of life. I did MF before and lost weight, then thought I could go back to my old habits. Not a good idea. Now I have to face the fact that I need to change my thought process. It is hard starting all over.

Anyone esle been there?
heres2me

Return to Come on in.