Thinking about Skipping the " Scale weight in " th

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Thinking about Skipping the " Scale weight in " th

Postby elle4nelly » February 9th, 2004, 10:29 am

Ok!

This is for you women and gals out there! This week Aunt Flo is coming. She usually comes with tons of water retention. I have been mighty good and stuck to all rules. Exercised 30 minutes almost everyday. Here's my problem. Like many women, ..huh..I am psychologicaly delicate..well...What i'm saying is even though..I know there's going to be some water retention..I dread getting on that scale this week because I know it won't reflect my real weight. Do you guys think I'm being a big chicken?? Should I just step on it and weight myself?...You know how us women can get sometimes....even though I know I did everything right...I am scurrrrrrred of the darn scale!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

Nelly :oops:
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

aunt flo

Postby TamiL » February 9th, 2004, 12:33 pm

Hey Nelly!!

This is aunt FLo :x

and this is what aunt flo does to us :x

and this is what you will look like most likley if you weigh yourself while just before/during/right after aunt flo visits :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :?:

hahahahaha!

Im right there with ya..your not a chicken!! tommorrow is supposed to be my first weigh in day...one week down!! day 7 tommorrow!! but aunt flo is here..and I can tell ya that you will retain more water! my advice personally..is to wait untill she comes, goes and a few days after shes gone..then hop on the scale!! if your anything like me...I obsess too much over the numbers! I would rather measure my weight loss by trying on a pair of pants every week that I cant get on.
at first they dont go on..then they slide over the legs somehow..then the hips...then your laying on your bed trying to zip them..then all of a sudden..you put them on and zip them standing up...till one day they magically FIT :-P

I will weigh myself every so often...but maybe not every week, especially when I start to work out again! I am letting my body get used to this before I start working out again..mid Feb. I plan on starting, and remember too, that working out does cause muscle...which shows up on the scale as well!! that is why I am a firm beleliver about using your clothes or a tape measure to go by instead of just dwelling on numbers of the scale!! but to each her own...you do whats best for YOU!!!

way to go girl...you have been working out for 30 min. a day..thats great!! Ill be right there with ya soon! my body still feels a little weak and IM still a bit lightheaded....but its still my first week..so maybe Im a late bloomer!! :?

keep shakin ladies and gents...(the gents who never have to worry about aunt visits!! lol!!) your lucky!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 9th, 2004, 12:56 pm

Hi Tami!

Thank you! I agree! I'll wait until Aunt Flo goes away! That way, I'll really see my reward for sticking to program properly rather than some distorted number on the scale which may send me running out of the door in search of a Martini pool to drawn myself into!! Apple martinis...I'll dive in with my mouth wide open! Just kidding. I'll skip this week and get on the scale next week at my 30 day mark!
By the way...Way to go! you're doing great! we're going to make it....I keep telling myself that there is no surrendering ! No white Flags...that's why I am nervous about doing anything at all that might emotionally derail me.... Life!

Your shakin Pal!
Nelly :toast:
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Better late than never

Postby hecate » February 10th, 2004, 3:56 pm

I wish I had found this forum BEFORE I picked my start date.
I started in the height of PMS, exactly one week before my Aunt's arrival, and I have been bummed out ever since because I only lost 5 lb in my first 10 days!
I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

I hope this next week shows better results!

Michele
hecate
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 11th, 2004, 8:34 am

Let me tell you friend! I wish I didn't weight myself this week. The Aunt flo is late and the scale did not move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Luckily I am not discouraged and will continue...hopefully next week at the 1 month mark. I will record some weight loss!!

To be a woman!

Your shakin pal!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

no to flo

Postby TamiL » February 11th, 2004, 10:18 am

Hey Nelly

repeat after me...I WILL NOT GET DISCOURAGED...I WILL NOT GET DISCOURAGED...I WILL NOT GET DISCOURAGED...(I will be relying on you to give me the same advise in a few weeks probably!! lol!! )

Aunt flo is coming...she effects my weight :x
Aunt flo is late..she will still effect my weight!!! as long as shes a few days away..shes going to hold some poundage on ya!! :roll:

she will come and go...and so will the poundage!! shes holding a few of them hostage right now, no release untill the period police come and haul her away!! ;)

hang in there!!
Tami

TamiL

Postby elle4nelly » February 11th, 2004, 11:01 am

Thanks Tami!

I will hang in there! I want her to come and go real fast...so I can really see what my real loss is!! HUGH!!
Not deviating a bit! Stiking by the book and waiting for scale to move down!!! Boy will I be happy as soon as it does move!

Your shakin Pal!
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 12th, 2004, 3:38 pm

Hello and howdy doo ~

Those days when the scale won't behave can certainly feel discouraging but take heart, the flab WILL go away and those nasty pounds will plague someone else! Just keep on doing the right thing. Every day you choose to do the right things brings you closer to your goal weight. Some days are better than others. Exercise, stress, lack of sleep, and poor eating schedules can adversely affect our weight loss to a certain degree. Do all that you can to make your days go as routinely as possible - establish a good eating and sleeping routine, exercise gently and for shorter periods of time in the initial stages of the weight loss phase - exercise is so important during maintenance- it keeps the metabolism going when we begin to add foods back into the daily eating plan but during the weight loss program, exercise needs to be gentle and moderate. It could very well be that you are burning up far more calories than you are taking in and therefore your body is holding onto the food you give it. Gentle and moderate are the key words.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby elle4nelly » February 12th, 2004, 3:51 pm

Hi nancy!

I think I might be burning more than I eat...I still want to exercise for 30 minute a day but I'll lower the intensity. I hope though next week will be better....i committed my first sin today by eating 7 nuts!!!!

Yeah...i feel rotten! After all the complaints over the scale not moving...now I had the nerve to eat a few miserable nuts!! :cry: :cry:

I'll just keep shakin!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

dont go nuts

Postby TamiL » February 12th, 2004, 4:09 pm

Hey Nelly
dont go NUTS over eating the NUTS!! :x only 7 of them wasnt bad..at least it wasnt the whole can!! nuts were my downfall..especially after being on Atkins...I used to buy a can of nuts..and end up eating the whole can..they are definatley a NO NO Food for me..gotta stay away from them! now wonder why atkins didnt work too great for me!! lol!!

I have started to walk only 20 minutes a day..but while IM walking..I walk fast for 2 min.then slow..then fast..then slow..incline up then down up then down...that is what I read to get the best workout in a quick session..my heart rate goes up..but not too high!

just enuf to get my blood pumpin...after a few weeks on medifast.>I will increase my workouts..but for now..Im following the advise of the Pro's!! IM only working out a few days a week..so I can progress overtime and eventually start weight training again...but its all in moderation..just like everything else!!

dont worry about the nuts....just keep shakin..forgive and forget!!

Tami

TamiL

Postby finalstraw » February 12th, 2004, 4:29 pm

Nancy,

It could very well be that you are burning up far more calories than you are taking in and therefore your body is holding onto the food you give it. Gentle and moderate are the key words.

How can this be, your body is going to burn as many calories as it needs to give you energy. My understanding is that if you don't have enough calories then your body will use your fat stores. So how can your body store your calories that you are consuming, it would have to then just use fat stores which means you would be losing faster? I'm confused? :?
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » February 17th, 2004, 6:50 pm

Yeah, I know, I know, I know it seems weird but actually you don't lose faster.

Your body is reluctant to release weight when you are working out rather hard in comparison to what you are feeding it. We can actually store food even if we are giving our body such a small amount of food. Remember we are in this for the long haul - often people are very gung ho the first few weeks of beginning the weight loss phase. They over-do the exercise part which doesn't allow the body to get used to converting the stored fat into ready fuel. The needle doesn’t move, we put on water weight (muscle weighs more than fat, too!) and we can get weary from the hard work then and give up on exercise. So go slowly - if you normally exercise, cut it in half. If you normally do not exercise, then wait a few weeks and begin with very gentle exercise.

Exercise is a vital part of maintenance. Gentle exercise!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

BIG PROBLEM

Postby nanah2 » February 23rd, 2004, 11:36 am

Nelly, unfortunately i've been dealing with hormanal problems last 2 years, and i can rise easily 7 pound more when aunt flo is coming, sometimes even worst, so i know how you feel,
Chicken??? :shock: :shock: :shock: at all, we all woman, are very delicate when flo comes, specially when we used to weight more, and we used to think : can't be, can't be possible.
Over the years i decided not to weight around this period, trying not to be depress and with stress, then when is gone i go on the scale andddddddd :lol: :lol: :lol: big change.

Maybe you should do the same, instead of weighting before. It's only my suggestion.

keep going you can do :goteam: it babe, :goteam:
nanah
nanah2

Postby elle4nelly » February 23rd, 2004, 12:17 pm

Good Idea!

Thanks Nanah! :D
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss