The wonderful Medifast Chicken Breasts

Add your favorite recipes.

The wonderful Medifast Chicken Breasts

Postby Jules » August 10th, 2005, 3:15 pm

The Medifast Chicken Breasts are wonderful. Yes, they really are. They come adequately seasoned. Of course, when I fixed them, I felt like an astronaut! You pour really hot, hot water on them in the package they come in and let them sit for about 3-5 minutes or until tender. Don't be thrown off by the preparation and decide not to try them. Cut them in strips for a salad or for a heartier soup. I dipped my strips in the Medifast Creamy Italian Dressing after I got a tip from Nancy on how to make the dressing really great....look for her tip on Medifast Dressings and dip away! These breasts are a convenience item....I can see taking them on a trip.....no clean up.....and I was sure I got the correct portion of meat. This was a nice surprise :D . Medifasting in Ga., Jules
Jules

Postby martha » August 10th, 2005, 4:04 pm

JULES--

Thanks for the tips on the chicken breast..I have wondered about them but didn't want to buy them till someone said if they were good or not..Now I will have to try them and look up the recipe for Nancy's dip..They really so sound very easy to use.. Thanks again--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Chicken breast strips in soup

Postby Jules » August 10th, 2005, 10:39 pm

I made a medifast mistake here... :oops: ...you can enjoy these wonderful chicken breast strips in your salad as a part of your "Lean & Green" but you can't put them in your soup... :cry: ...the soup is a medifast meal alone...you can't combine a medifast meal with your "Lean and Green"...it was tasty while it lasted..... Jules
Jules

Postby aphrael » August 11th, 2005, 7:26 am

Jules,

Actually yes you can put your lean meat into your soup, you just have to deduct it from your allowed portion for the day.

Other people will add ground turkey to the soup and chili too. You just have to make sure you don't go over your portion size for the day. Also if you are in a pinch one day and behind with your meals it is ok to have a soup with your lean and green meal for your appitizer if you want. You just souldn't do this every day.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » August 11th, 2005, 8:46 am

Jules, Martha, Aphrael and others...

The Essential 1 Chicken Breasts and the Beef Patties are very good and especially good for traveling - I just use the hotel coffee pot, run water through the coffee maker and pour it onto the chicken breast or patty.

:oops: Aphrael, I beg to differ with you...we do not recommend adding chicken, turkey, beef or any additional protein/carbs to the Medifast packets of Homestyle Chili or MF soup - each Medifast packet is a compete meal in and of itself.

:secret: One of the things we are learning during the weight loss phase is to eat small meals more frequently rather than larger meals. To maintain an even blood sugar level and to avoid food storage, we eat small meals evenly spaced throughout the day. In essence when a person adds part or all of their lean meat to a Medifast packet, it is like having a 1.5 meal portion at one time and a .5 meal later. We need the correct balance of the protein:carbs:fat just as each packet affords.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine