The Holidays

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

The Holidays

Postby hawklady » November 16th, 2006, 7:08 am

Hi everybody!
As the holidays approach this year I am thinking back to my way of dealing with them last year. After struggling on Atkins for 10 months and stalling at 20 pounds off, I decided to take the holidays off. So I started eating everything in sight from the night before Thanksgiving until I weighed myself again in mid-January. Fifteen pounds back on in 6 weeks! I was devastated and disgusted with myself.
But the good news is that I found Medifast because of it. I took an online questionnaire on my eating habits and discovered that I am obsessive about food (duh!) and that the best kind of diet for me is one that takes a lot of the decision making out of my hands.
Now I have lost 57 pounds and am 4 and a half pounds from my goal!
I went from a size 14 to a 6-8, had to get all news clothes and feel great. Am I going to lose all that over the holidays this year for cookies and home made fudge. NO WAY!
Keep losing!
Hawklady
hawklady
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby bdg » November 16th, 2006, 7:16 pm

Good luck to you. You will do great, just keep your head in the game and remember, that your goal (and being healthy) will be better than eating those cookies, etc.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » November 17th, 2006, 11:28 am

Amen to your post!

It was the holidays last year that did me in too. I started MF for the first time right before last year's holiday season..... Wrong move. I wasn't committed to the program and therefore went off the path and kept going. This year will be totally different. I'm boycotting cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year... We are going to Turtle Bay for that weekend... so the restaraunt will cook... therefore, we will have no yummy leftovers to pig out on..... which I would eat the most....

I agree that no Christmas cookie or pie, or mashed potato will sway me down the path to fatsville this year!! :yippee:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: The Holidays

Postby Lizabette » November 18th, 2006, 10:20 am

hawklady wrote: Now I have lost 57 pounds and am 4 and a half pounds from my goal! I went from a size 14 to a 6-8, had to get all news clothes and feel great. Am I going to lose all that over the holidays this year for cookies and home made fudge. NO WAY! Keep losing! Hawklady

CONGRATULATIONS, HAWK!
Some great inspiration and advice to us all for the upcoming holidays!
You are almost at goal...wonderful. There are empty seats in maintenance land awaiting you!
I'm noticing more and more are getting so close to goal! Is that exciting or what? There will always be room for one more.
Those new clothes make it so worthwhile and getting healthy and fit at the same time is the extra bonus.

Yeah, Gotta keep losing!

Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » November 18th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Just remember, this isn't the last time cookies and fudge will be available. The world isn't running out of any of this stuff, and it will all still be there - to be enjoyed in moderation - next year.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby marge » November 18th, 2006, 1:59 pm

so good to hear all th epositive feedback about holidays...I was dreading them because I have to do the cooking for thanksgiving, christmas eve and christmas and my family expects a lot from previous holidays...I have already cut back on buying "bad" stuff for thanksgiving and will make just one pie this year..

hugs

marge
rejoined 1/16/2008
marge
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss