Here comes the holidays....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Here comes the holidays....

Postby TamiL » November 21st, 2004, 12:55 pm

Hey all my Medifast Shakin Buddies...
WHERE IS CARRIE? we all know it was her birthday..hopefully she had just a good time she is still recovering from a fun night!! I havent been posting much these days, but I do read all the posts and keep up on you all, and let me tell ya IM JEALOUS that I wont be making to to Las Vegas!! no vacation time for me untill the summer, but Ill be thinkin of you all meeting out there..that will be so neat!!

Well...woe is me. I have finally made the "break" from the man who has been comsuming me for the last 7 months...I have been on such a rollercoaster ride the last few months...up and downs with him and my program. I have managed to maintain my weight loss, but must confess I have been snacking on things I know I shouldnt be...I realize now Ive only got 6 weeks till new years...and must get off my butt and start MOVING!! exercise has always been a great mood lifter for me!! and I need my mood lifted now!! Im not sure why I ended this relationship...I was happy most of the time, but just scared how things would play out...I guess I was afraid that he would leave me one day, which is common to feel after youve been thru a divorce..and he was much younger than I...too much to write and get into...but I cant think of this as an ending...I have to think of it as a new beginning..a new chapter in my life, that only I can start!! right now Ive been moping...feeling sad and empty...break ups are always hard cuz you loose not only a partner..but a friend as well. But its over and Ive got to be strong!! so I had to come here and type it out...vent a bit...thanks for listening!!

ALSO...I forgot (forgive me) who posted the GREAT IDEA of the medifast shake being used with just a LITTLE bit of water...OH MY GOSH..for those of you who havent tried it..it tastes like pudding..its sooo good! I used the vanilla 55 shake with just a little bit of water (you have to stir it up good) then added a packet of splenda and some vanilla extract..and I thought I was eating frosting!! it was delicious!! but I drank extra water cuz Im used to getting at least 8oz of water with my shakes...and that fills me up!! anyhoo...good Idea to get thru the thanksgiving holidays when you feel like something sweet!! Ill be a little BLUE this holiday season..but I always bounce back!!
Keep up the great work everyone!! :-P
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 21st, 2004, 6:11 pm

Tami,

So glad to have you back with us again. Yes, we have worried about you! I hope you are able to get through the difficult personal time you are having soon. I know that is a very difficult situation to be in and most especially during the holidays.

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby TamiL » November 21st, 2004, 8:02 pm

Thanks Gerald!!
just seeing "Spidey" jump around near your name makes me smile!! Im soooo glad you will be escaping the winter weather here a bit and sneaking off to Las Vegas to meet Leapard woman!! how exciting!! and GUIDO!! (our Dear Mike!) my gosh....how I wish I could come!!
thanks for your kind words....
happy shakin ;)
Tami

TamiL

Postby explorthis » November 21st, 2004, 9:15 pm

sneaking off to Las Vegas to meet Leapard woman!! how exciting!! and GUIDO!!

Howdy Tami!!! Wish you could come also, though I understand about the vacation thing. I am here for you, and glad you still post on occasion. Best of luck to you in all your ventures (especially those darn men)

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » November 21st, 2004, 9:21 pm

Aw, TamiL ~

Sorry, Darlin' for the :shock: poopage of life visiting you. You have a great outlook - you've got your eye on the New Year and the :thumbup: New YOU! No time like the present to get it together and to get it off!

I commend you for maintaining your weight during a really difficult time - let that empower you - now use that willpower and resolve to finish the course.

We love you - you are a great addition to the MakeMeThinner Forum. How I wish we could meet, in the skin. Some day we will! Terry and I are going to be in Baltimore Dec. 6-7th...(in meetings on the 8th and 9th and leave for home on the 9th)...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby TamiL » November 22nd, 2004, 4:15 am

Thanks Mike and Nancy...
OH how I wish I was Free in December to meet you Nancy in Baltimore!! but due lots of overtime shifts available....and no time off for me untill the next fiscal year...Ill be stuck here a while!! lol!! making lots of money though..so its not so bad!! You all will just have to take alot of PICTURES on your trip/s and post them for all to see!! ;)

Im going to be fine....no more ventures with MEN for me in my future for a while...sometimes I am better off on my own!! only me to worry about and care for...sometimes THATS more than enuf!! lol!! :?

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST..my little family to come to and write my heart out at times....thank u for always being there!! :-P
Tami

TamiL

Postby Carrie » November 22nd, 2004, 6:36 am

Hey Tami – I’m here!

I was out and about all weekend, and didn’t even turn on the computer.

My birthday was one of the best of my life. I slept in, had lunch with my parents, met a few friends for post-lunch, went home and put on my special new birthday outfit (size 16 Lee jeans, WOOHOO!), met several friends at one of our favorite bars – when they brought out my birthday cake about 150 people sang happy birthday – I passed out my entire cake (and they tell me it was FABULOUS), then I proceeded to dance the night away until about 2am with a certain someone, hee hee.

Saturday we decided that I was having a birthday weekend instead of a birthday DAY, and so we went out Saturday and Sunday as well. I’m a tired puppy this morning I can tell you, but it was worth it. This was truly a celebration of life at it’s best, and I can tell you for certain that it never would’ve happened if I hadn’t lost the 65 pounds that I have. I’m looking forward to losing even more, but it sure was fun to stop and celebrate where I am right now.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sylvia » November 22nd, 2004, 9:14 am

Hi Carrie,

I'm SOOOO glad you had a great b-day and so proud that you did it without overeating. You know, when I thnk back on the best events and/or moments of my life, NONE of them were really about food. Food may have been present, but it was not a central focus of the event and certainly wasn't what made it special.

I think that message becomes even more clear when you're NOT eating and have to look to other avenues to make things enjoyable - talking, dancing, etc. I'm just finding that I'm getting so much more from life when I'm not constantly focused on what I will eat next or whether I will be first in the buffet line.

Happy B-day!
Sylvia

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 22nd, 2004, 11:43 am

Carrie,

Isn't it great to live life? Let's all follow Carrie's example.

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Nancy » November 22nd, 2004, 1:10 pm

Carrie ~

All I can say is this: You rock! You must be some kinda lady and have some really awesome friends to have 150 people show up for a birthday bash! Congratulations to you also for having such a grand time with no regrets! :thumbig:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room