Temptation to slack off

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Temptation to slack off

Postby Nite Izes » December 12th, 2004, 10:22 pm

Wouldn't you know and I personally did not expect this. So once we hit the end of November, I have to bear with those numerous holidays until Jan 2. The ones where family visit, eat together, go shopping, enjoy each other's company. I was losing weight continously, at a slow pace, but in an successful way.

During Thanksgiving, I cautioned myself as to what to eat and be extremely selective in food choices. I had 2 thin slices of turkey breast, small portion of roasted red potatoes and other veggies. I skipped the pies, dessert and even the soft drinks. I dranked water through the entire meal. I even drank 2 liters of water before heading to the table to eat with the family and of course not devour myself to stuff myself as it is a holiday tradition, except the only one to gain weight is ME. Not peeking in the fridge or the dessert pantry for leftover was some ordeal to not nibble. I felt good about that. That was 3 weeks ago. I stayed true to my Medifast, but hate it when family like mine who seems to be born with some "skinny" gene, make themselves comfortable to eat their delights in front of me. I am not one to advertise that I am losing weight, but it is hard since I am a discrete person. So, I told them to please be cordial and do not eat in front of me. One secret I did was to keep drinking my best friend water that I have next to me almost like I am carrying a baby. It killed the temptation for while.

So what happened, well, I said to myself, alittle here and there won't hurt. So very sparsely, I would nibble whatever the family prepared or brought from outside. Bad move and now I feel it. I gained somehow within these 2 weeks 6 pounds. I shouldn't be hard on myself, but I am on a determination ride to lose weight and concentrate on my goals that are broken into steps. So what am I doing, just like many before me, RESTART and this time, even with Hannukah, Christmas and New Years right around the corner, not fall into a trap and let it make me lose control to gain weight when all these months I am on a mission to lose. I now have 22 lbs to lose to hit my 2nd goal and 105 lbs to lose to my ultimate goal. Well looking at the bright side of things, I have lost 61 lbs and to be honest, I feel better now than I did before - immobile, disabled and physically impaired. I can do things now, that I couldn't before and that in itself is an acomplishment!!!!

So anyone out there, if you like me got caught in some temptation or to nibble here and there, don't let it get you down or depressed. Life goes on and we have to be compassionate to ourselves first and foremost. Tomorrow is a new day to pick up where you left off and RESTART your regime. I am starting medifast again Monday morning and no more tempting delights.
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomJackieLee » December 13th, 2004, 6:38 am

Great to see you back. We all have different lives and sometimes get a bit off track. You are back in gear and ready to jump back on program - always a good thing. Best of luck and keep us posted!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » December 13th, 2004, 12:14 pm

Nite Izes,

Confession is good for the soul, and this plan! I was just wondering the other day where you've been. Hope this next holiday session, your relatives and friends will be more diligent, and not bring those temptations around you as much. It's simply the hardest time of the year to lose weight, but YOU CAN DO IT!

I'm still in transition but will be on maintenance by Christmas so I too cannot "let go" of what I've accomplished so far and give in. I think we have to be hard on ourselves and keep a very short leash. I don't think we have to be so hard on ourselves as to beat up and punish ourselves with excessive negative self-talk, etc. Personally, I think you've done a great job so far. You've lost, are meeting your goals, and after stumbling, have successfully regained your great attitude and committment. Bravo!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » December 16th, 2004, 9:03 pm

Hi, Nite Izes ~

I've been wondering about you, too. You have done an amazing job and isn't it incredible to feel so much better? Those 6 pounds will come right off.

What happens is that our fluid balance gets out of whack when you have those extra nibbles. Medifast is low fat, low sodium and dehydrating. When we over indulge on other foods, typically they are high fat and high sodium and so weight fluctuates. It happens during transition, initially and then the fluids rebalance.

You'll make it. It is not easy to ever be on a weight loss program and this month is particularly difficult but just face it straight on, keep those goals in front of you, say your positive affirmations and :lightbeam: defy those foody enemies with your shaker jar. You are right to keep your water 'baby' in your clutches - it does help!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room