McDonalds and NO TEMPTATION!

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

Postby explorthis » October 5th, 2004, 10:07 am

Cravings…. I can tell you this, the longer you go without, the easier it gets. Huh? Words from a fat guy – it will get easier? Yes. None of you can hold a candle to the sneak-cheat-eat-Mike. Nothing got past me in the craving department, I smelled, wanted, saw, conquered. I ate it all.

Once you see a dramatic change in yourself, weather it be mental or physical, an interesting transformation happens, not only to your brain, but your taste buds. Don’t get me wrong, A McD’s sampler trough, or BK grease puddle thoughts still sneak into the brain on occasion, but as you lose the weight, REALIZING this is the bad stuff that got us here in the first place, you realize it’s just not worth it. You actually lose the drive and want to frequent these places. I can, if I want to have something, there is nothing holding me back, just as there is nothing holding you back, but yourself. Who will know? You will.

I was watching TV yesterday afternoon for a few minutes, famous TV personality on weight loss (name withheld so that Nellie does not beat me – cough-cough-Dr. Phil-cough-cough) had made 2 interesting statements which are true: Diets, starting and stopping If you START a diet, you have to STOP a diet, so why diet at all? True, but for us this is different. With Medifast, we are LEARNING to eat all over again. Once we are done with Medifast, we do not have to diet. We have to eat properly for the first time in most of our lives. If we eat properly, we don’t ever have to diet again. True? This makes sense for the next statement: You can live day to day (not his exact words but close) and never be hungry. Why should you be hungry ever? Well, this is true. Why ever be hungry? We can eat to our hearts content, it’s what we choose to eat that makes the difference. The more you progress, and see the transformation, the more your brain actually takes over, and does not want you to sabotage your success. Look folks, we work dang hard for this. We can’t screw it up over and over and over. This is for keeps. The cravings go away – FOR REAL! I know Mc’D’s is 45 seconds drive from my house, as is about 7 other of the same type of junk food joints. I CHOOSE to not to visit them. It is my CHOICE, and it’s really not a hard choice. I really don’t even want any of this stuff most times; I have gone without for so long, it is just not important to me. It, I guess has become a habit, a habit I am glad I finally mastered. I can eat correctly (my definition) and have no feelings of remorse. Remorse for me is gain. Yes, I fluctuate some up, then down, but it IS manageable.

Be strong, do not give into a minute of the temptation to stray, it is NOT worth it. The craving will pass, and you will thank yourself now and later….
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LongWay2go » October 16th, 2004, 5:24 am

I'm laughing at Elle4Nelly's post about the diet coke. Years ago I managed a Burger King in Las Vegas and would laugh and laugh at the people who would come in and order a double-whopper w/cheese, large french fry (or onion rings) hot apple pie and a DIET COKE!!! That was always a big joke in the kitchen. Any time an order came back for a double-whopper, we'd all chime in together "and a diet coke" - then laugh!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 16th, 2004, 11:20 am

Hey Gerald! THAT'S NOT FUNNY - THAT WAS ME!!! :x

No, I'm kidding. I didn't live in Las Vegas, but I always ordered a diet coke with a huge order of food! That was my OLD diet - tee hee hee. :nutz:

Havin' it my way NOW, MF Style, :kool:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sylvia » October 16th, 2004, 11:22 am

Hey, don't you guys know that the diet coke cancels out all of the calories from the meal? Sheesh - where have YOU been?
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LongWay2go » October 16th, 2004, 11:38 am

Camille and Sylvia, you gals :hatch: me up!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby fedup » October 16th, 2004, 6:21 pm

I personally like the "I'll just have salad" ones! (Then they drown the salad with 1/2 a bottle of full fat dressing, pile on cheese and baco's and fried crutons... and all the while pretend their "dieting!) :lol:

A lady at our lunch group at work does this... she knows I'm doing the MF program and she says how I've motivated her to lose weight so she's been "just doing salads!" (Salads with probably 1500 calories in them!) Oh well! I just smile... not my choice, and she's not the kind to take any advice so I just stay out of it! I don't want to be "that obnoxious diet girl" after all!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2004, 1:15 am

Hey, Guys!

I have a hot pink ceramic "Magic Piggy Wand" that I keep next to Terry's cookie jar.

It has a little tag that says, "To eliminate calories, wave over food. Wave twice over desserts."

OK now, who wants to borrow it?

P.S. It doesn't work.

P.P.S. Medifast works - who wants a Medifast Wand?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Previous

Return to The Elevator