Temptation, I defy you!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Temptation, I defy you!

Postby gr8views » November 10th, 2004, 12:06 pm

:lol:
Just had to share this minor victory for me... Last night I made dinner for my husband as a treat for him, a pasta dish that is one of our cold-weather favorites... I tested the pasta (one piece) and had a small taste of the sauce to be sure the flavoring was good - less than a teaspoon. Finished up his dinner, then made the chicken tortilla-like soup and ate my soup and crackers and was NOT tempted to eat the pasta!

Never knew I could do this. I'm so happy with this little success!

Di
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

congratulations

Postby mombarnes » November 10th, 2004, 1:45 pm

although you say this is
minor victory

little success

I am very impressed & think this must be a MAJOR, BIG thing!
I would love to be able engage in this type of behavior regularly.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » November 10th, 2004, 5:00 pm

This is a major victory for you and you should be very proud of yourself!!!
All the small things that we do every day to be healthier will add up to major pounds lost along the way!! I think nothing tastes as good as
pride feels, when we treat our bodies well!
CONGRATS!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Crystal » November 10th, 2004, 6:47 pm

WOOHOOO!!! :cleader: Way to go, Diane! What you were able to do is a major thing! Keep up the great work!

Crystal
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby fedup » November 11th, 2004, 7:41 am

Ditto... this is a major victory! I cook all the time for the family... but I don't trust myself to taste test so I know my seasonings are "off lately"... Like the time I served super salty eggs, 'cause I'm so used to being a little heavy with the salt shaker in my MF soup... oops! I only knew they were salty from the reactions! So it's a great that you could taste and not give in! I always worry that even a dab going in my mouth might "throw me off" if theres enough sugar/carb in it, take me out of this mild ketosis... maybe I obsess too much huh?
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby purplepansy » November 11th, 2004, 7:44 pm

WHOOO HOOOOO
I BET YOU FEEL PROUD!
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 12th, 2004, 11:25 am

gr8views,

Proud you didn't get caught up in the pasta trap. Tasting is dangerous business in my opinion and experience though. I will not let anything touch these lips that isn't on the plan. Fedup, I too believe the teensiest bit of fat or sugar will reek havoc with the metabolism and ketosis. Gosh, my body would stop losing immediately and hang on for as long as possible to that tiny bit of enemy food. I already went though a lengthy tough plateau without even cheating, so I have to be extremely careful.
I've had several eatmares where I accidentally taste something, then remember I'm on the plan and start pa-tooeing it immediately. I'm so relieved when I realize it's only an eatmare. I just wanted to caution those like me who aren't as strong when it comes to tasting: it's risky business. Much better for us to find a taster - they're usually happy to volunteer as I used to be. ;)

Shakin not Bakin,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

OK, OK...

Postby gr8views » November 12th, 2004, 11:53 am

I hear you! :? I realize that tasting is a trap, but I will say I've only done it ONE TIME (as noted in the first message) and am not planning on doing it often at all. Rob was not around to taste test (it's just the two of us) and I was preparing the meal for him as a treat because of his hard work and because he was leaving town a couple of days later (today, in fact).

I do understand the discipline of not letting anything past these lips that is not MF! I want to do that, and I am doing just that. Maybe I do have willpower that is finally showing it's wonderful, beautiful face in my life. (My Dad smoked cigarettes for 35 years and just quit one day. I've always hoped to have that kind of willpower as well!) Since testing pasta and tasting the sauce that night, I've not had any 'uh ohs!'

I'll be testing that willpower this weekend! Rob is visiting his family - left this morning - leaving me with the 3 BIG Ferocious dogs (in case anyone gets any ideas! :lol: ), a full refrigerator and a pantry with crackers and an OPEN bag of chips. Those have always been my weaknesses. And wouldn't you know it, that is where I store my MF supplies! I think Sarah's challenge to begin putting her day's meals out on the countertop may work for me as well.

:idea: Maybe I should move my supplies... Hmmm...

Diane
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views

Return to The Weight Room